Best Anti-Wrestlers

LegendOfThePast

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Some guys are just good at derailing wrestlers hype and ability.

1. Jon Jones is for me the biggest Anti-wrestler on all levels from All-Americans to Olyampians. Vlad mats, Rashad, Sonnen, Bader, Hamill, O'Brien, and Cormier these are all elite wrestlers.

2. Robbie Lawler his been taking out many wrestlers lately

3. Chuck Lidell

4. Aldo

Nobody else comes to mind right now?

Last edited:
Aldo.

People will say Machida, but he has lost against more wrestlers than Anderson has.

You say to beat a wrestler you must be a wrestler right??

machida-urine.jpg

This thread needs to begin and end with Jose Aldo. He's the best.

Chuck was pretty decent

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-the-pride-of-nova-unaio
"And the thing about missing these knees or uppercuts is... so what? If they miss, it's because the other guy is too far away. At least he's now thinking “wow, that could have ended badly”. Aldo gets wrestlers standing upright with no idea what to do. They either dive in and get caught, like Gambuyan and Mendes. Or they keep pushing in with no idea what else to do, like Brown. Or they stand at range and get their leg butchered, as Faber so famously did."

Aldo.

People will say Machida, but he has lost against more wrestlers than Anderson has.

Machida losing to Davis is the only won. Weidmen is not a wrestler, he is a complete fighter, great stand up, ground game and takedowns

Some guys are just good at derailing wrestlers hype and ability.

1. Jon Jones is for me the biggest Anti-wrestler on all levels from multiple Division 1 champs to Olyampians. Vlad mats, Rashad, Sonnen, Bader, Hamill, O'Brien, and Cormier these are all elite wrestlers.

2. Robbie Lawler his been taking out many wrestlers lately

Nobody else comes to mind right now?

Jones hasn't beaten a single d1 champ. Just an FYI

Gotta be Aldo. I would say Jones but Jones is a wrestler which doesn't seem like an "anti-wrestler" really.

Aldo has beaten Edgar, Faber, Lamas, and Mendes x2. With the exception of the Edgar fight, none of them really were able to use their wrestling successfully and even Edgar was unable to do enough of it.

Curious. How many D1 champs have been in the UFC recently?

Phil davis atm is the only one at LHW I think.

Jones hasn't beaten a single d1 champ. Just an FYI

Not sure why its important that he has not beaten a D1 Champ or not, but I see your point of fact is correct though.

He has still faced 2 ALL american wrestlers and 1 Bronze medalist at the worlds.

I think a bronze at the worlds might be a bit more prestigious then a D1 Championship?

People mention a wrestler like Jones but won't say GSP who had no wrestling background ?

Back