PWD 197: No Money In the Sperm Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rusev legitimized the US Championship and brought it home to the Russian Federation.

Putting the US belt on Rusev was the perfect way of doing away with that belt forever. The night after he won it Rusev should have thrown that worthless thing into a flaming trash can. It would have been great for his character and getting rid of the belt.

What about Punk's reign?

I think that was a good thing for the belt at the time. Punk had established himself as the biggest star in the company and had a long run, even if the booking was shit. Since then I think they've booked the belt well, especially with Brock.

The world belt has been irrelevant for years until recently when it's only been given to legitimate top guys and they've gotten lengthy runs with it. For a while everybody was getting a chance to hold it and when everyone is the champion, nobody is the champion. Low point being The Miz of course.

Im not saying Miz was a great champion but something about that belt looked good on him
The-miz-wwe-champion_display_image.jpg

Pliny Pete you better not let him talk to you like that.

I think that was a good thing for the belt at the time. Punk had established himself as the biggest star in the company and had a long run, even if the booking was shit. Since then I think they've booked the belt well, especially with Brock.

Was Punk ever a bigger star than Cena?

During his reign he barely main evened and never main evented mania. Only thing ppl remember about his reign are his match against the Rock and that the shield was born from it.

What about his classic feud with Chris Jericho?

Someone make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back