people dont always stand up with rustam chsiev

rmongler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
but when they do, youre sure to see high level stuff.

The guy in the purple has legit wrassling skills.

good match.

Back hair: nature's only reliable indicator of manliness.

Pretty awesome match. Makes me wonder if Metamoris and ADCC see slower action because of the larger mat space.

That was awesome. Rustam is an animal, kudos to the other guy for taking it to him on the feet.

He has so much body hair his opponent could've used it for gi grips.

What a great match. Rustams great but you see how far you can get when someone brings the match to him on the feet in "bjj" rules.

Luke Rockhold chose to stand with him as well..

Not sure why Chsiev isn't doing MMA.. grappling tournaments can't pay that much

Chsiev wasn't a top level wrestler back home in Ossetia but you can see how high the level is if he wasn't near the top.

I've watched Rustam compete quite a bit, and Rick Macauley is the only other person I can remember who chose to stand with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhImajm7fB4

cool match, i would definitely have knocked myself out cold if i landed the way rustam did on that armbar attempt in the end.

trying to take him down or just sweep him must feel like running into a concrete wall.

He has so much body hair his opponent could've used it for gi grips.

you should be the purple guy's cornerman

lots of technique I see how much does rustam weighs?

Last edited:
I didn't see anything overly impressive from the guy in purple, wrestling-wise. All he did was try to wrestle with Chsiev, and he got out-wrestled.

yeah, when it happens in a grappling context i think it usually serves to illustrate how hes just on another level. his sense of balance is unreal, snapdowns, trips, and throw bys are always on point, it looks like he uses no effort at all ragdolling guys. its a pleasure to watch though.

I'd shoot on Chsiev. Not saying I wouldn't get fukn rekt, but I'm crazy like that. I'll try osoto gari on einarr or uchi mata. I don't care
Chsiev wasn't a top level wrestler back home in Ossetia but you can see how high the level is if he wasn't near the top.
for sure, these guys are beasts. I think it's part of the culture. Martial arts and particularly wrestling/judo/sambo are REALLY popular in the North Caucasus. I read somewhere that most men there prior to the age of 10 have all done some form of combat sport.

Do you have any info on this guy's wrestling background at all? I literally can't find anything on him. Part of me wonders whether or not anyone actually bothered to record wrestling results in that part of the world though.

I didn't see anything overly impressive from the guy in purple, wrestling-wise. All he did was try to wrestle with Chsiev, and he got out-wrestled.

That's like saying you don't see anything overly impressive about the black belts that compete with Mendes bros or Marcelo.

That's like saying you don't see anything overly impressive about the black belts that compete with Mendes bros or Marcelo.

That's giving Rustam a little too much credit, don't you think?

That's giving Rustam a little too much credit, don't you think?

its hyperbole yes, but personally i dont think there are many guys who can go toe to toe with him standing in the grappling scene.

who do you honestly think could do it? pablo? itd be a fight but i dont think thats a battle hed win in the long run.

maby if ben askren decides to do grappling again we'ed see it.

Back