French Judo Federation bans any Judoka teaching MMAa

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Now the president of the French Judo Federation, Jean-Luc Rouge, who is also General Secretary of the International Judo Federation (IJF) has officially prohibited all Judoka from teaching MMA in France (France together with Norway are one of the rare countries where MMA is still ilegal), with a threat of immediate ban from the federation. from L

being the first top club to be banned sounds like it'll lead to good press coverage, who'll step up first?

"We must be able to shake hands and go have a beer together in the end"

Durr

Cowboy-Cerrone-and-Benson-Henderson.jpg

nothing shocking. not only MMA is still not well perceived in France and MMA fights illegal, but also Judo would lose many potential members and young talents if kids were starting to train MMA instead of Judo.

You think they care? If that money is right I'll do whatever. You know? I'll get diego brandao and Cory hill and call it a party

http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/french-judo-federation-immediate-ban-for-all-judokas-teaching-mma/

WTF is wrong with the judo community? Hasn't MMA only increased the popularity and relevance of judo?

I just don't get the general strategy they're using either. They're just constantly relying on the fact that nobodies gonna say "fuck judo then." That the athletes will remain loyal despite being dictated to for the long haul just seems like something that if it isn't causing an exodus now doesn't mean it won't eventually.

Where as if you stopped changing tourney rules and let these guys do whatever they want would you really see an exodus of your talent? Probably not.

nothing shocking. not only MMA is still not well perceived in France and MMA fights illegal, but also Judo would lose many potential members and young talents if kids were starting to train MMA instead of Judo.

Unless they developed a judo based mma program which stressed the importance of getting good in the pure disciplines such as judo.

MMA isn't illegal in France. MMA competition is.
There are quite a few MMA gym in the country and they are in plain view.

Seems like the judo-community maybe don't like the image thats being put across by the current high-profile judokas in MMA and feel it reflects negatively on their sport. What with this and the nixing of UFC sponsorship of that tournament and whatnot.

Unless they developed a judo based mma program which stressed the importance of getting good in the pure disciplines such as judo.

why share the pie when you can have all of it?
My point is if people train MMA it's usually to compete in MMA. This drives potential talent away from Judo competitions (ie Olympics) where France shines internationally.

MMA isn't illegal in France. MMA competition is.
There are quite a few MMA gym in the country and they are in plain view.

most judo organizations are ridiculous and it's probably a financial move since they fear for the popularity of judo but judo fucks itself because sport judo has become ajoke anyway with the rules they add constantly

To be fair, that's urine in their glasses, but I don't see any reason we shouldn't include urine drunk in friendship.

Machida drank a bottle of Scotch before producing the stuff so it's all good.

Back