French Judo Federation bans any Judoka teaching MMAa

d765581ad889768a983550543139f5d2f70a4b0037f4d54bc8d9112023d8210c.jpg

People must not be signing up to learn judo and are joining mma gyms instead. Judo schools losing money and this is how they're handling it. I think it's bs that a sports federation can tell instructors where they can and can't teach their craft, but every country is full of bureaucratic bs. Hell the French invented the fuckin term lol

Frogs croaking. MMA is a death sport!!!!

We should have another world war so the cowardly French can lay down like a beat dog again.

WTF is wrong with the judo community? Hasn't MMA only increased the popularity and relevance of judo?

Judo is aware of it's irrelevancy.

Any high-profile Judoka that can compete in MMA, will go to MMA. They know this, because they can't afford the same paychecks that a mid-profile PPV-based sport can. UFC generates unfathomably more revenue than Judo ever can.

They are terrified by their lack of a future. They're acting irrationally hoping that Judokas will dedicate themselves to the sport. They're wrong.

What a joke.
Are they going to go after French judoka that just might be training outside of France and interact with mma fighters, etc?

French sports officials are part of the reason FILA was in such shambles for so long, their arrogance and corruption laid the foundation for more of both down the road even as their country and many western, central European countries became insignificant competition wise in international wrestling.

If MMA is not legal in France it's because of the Judo federation.

Basically The Teddy Riner rule. France doesn't want to lose there Judokas to MMA.

Of course he has to ban it! Didn't you read what the President said? All MMA fights are to the death (George)! If he allows Judokas to practice MMA then all Judokas will be dead in a couple of months!

So true, cause fighters never shake hands after a fight...:rolleyes:

Doesn't really matter, they can ban teaching mma but that won't stop any of their students who have ambitions to get into mma.

You can't expect someone with an irrational hatred of MMA to actually watch the sport.

"The French Judo Federation and Associated Disciplines (FFJDA) is the 4th biggest National Sports Federation in France with over 570,000 licensees, and plans to create a new sport, “Mixed Jujitsu Arts.” In other words, MJA."

What? Sounds like the attempt to create a grappling sport to draw in non judoka.
Are we going to see a slap fight between IJF and FILA over off shoot grappling competitions?

Everyone knows the French are only good at two things

Collaborating

Surrendering

Really sad. I do actually agree with that MMA fighters are dumb, except maybe a few, but that just gives more reason for them needing to be taught by judokas. The reasoning given in this article just don't make sense at all.

Actually this was really eye opening to me in the opposite way, exactly because this was so respectfull, it makes the rest of the fights and fighter interactions look bad.

Leading up to this fight everybody was talking a lot about how they were friends, from the same camp, had a lot of respect for eachother and both had a Gracie brother in their corner. On about every event you have these friends fighting eachother, and team mates and "fighters with a lot of mutual respect for eachother" as Goldberg would say... but Machida-Munoz had that emphasized even more than before. I didn't take it seriously, but at the event itself you did see that both Machida and Munoz acted different towards eachother than you'd see them against other opponents. Eventhough Machida has fought friends before and just is regarded as a respectfull fighter and person in general (I don't really know Munoz). The way especially how Machida acted after he KOed Munoz was especially very uhmmm considerate of Munoz and respectfull n such, more than usual, and Machida I've already found more composed/respectfull/considerate. At the KO you saw Machida a lot more hesitant than usual to follow up with punches, and Machida to my memory never threw unnecessary punches after already KOing his opponent. At first I thought it was cool because I was like "d'awww bromance much respect very considerate so composed", which it was, but what does this tell about Machida and how fighters in general act towards their opponents? I think this shows that even when in our eyes there is respect towards opponents, consideration, and fighters composing themselves, that actually isn't there at all.

"These new combat sports (MMA) seem like they come out of a video game. These guys are stupid enough to kill each other in front of everyone in a cage and they are well paid, so they would accept. "

Hey, look someone thinks mma pays well!

Is this guy repulsed by boxing and kickboxing or just when those are combined with grappling?

Separately striking and grappling are okay but combining them is like combining ammonia and bleach. Danger, danger! You gonna die!

"Sport is not war! We must be able to shake hands and go have a beer together in the end,

Funny, I've never met someone who did Judo that wasn't seriously injured doing it at some point- broken bones, torn ligaments, etc

Back