The (DYEL Status) Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Dr. Having kids is great....assuming you actually want kids which you clearly do. It sucks to hear the struggles you and the wife are having. My wife and I played softball this past summer with a lady in her mid 30's that was on fertility drugs. Something to the tune of about $15,000 out of their pocket...and still having issues.

Then you have jerks like my wife and I who try to conceive one time, and end up pregnant. We tried conceiving a total of 5 times for our 4 children. Our second child, our fist son was the only one that took a second attempt. I guess the seed/egg is strong with us.

Congrats DrB! My youngest brother went through a similar deal with his wife over the past few years & they just had their 1st baby. Best wishes to you guys!

Fuck it I guess I feel like sharing... my wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 4 years, 3 years doing fertility treatments due to my wife's health issues. That meant a lot of days getting up early before work, often 7-10 days in a row, that just ground both of us down. It wasn't just the lack of sleep but also the frustration and anxiety, the relationships stress, and eventually the depression that came after months/years of negative pregnancy tests. Some days just going to work and going to the gym was all I could manage.

The good news is that we found out just before Xmas that my wife is finally pregnant. She is currently a bit over 13 weeks (end of first trimester so we're telling more people) and due in August. I felt better in the gym (and in everyday life really) in January that I have in years. All of a sudden I have drive and desire to work hard again.

Along the lines of what Oblivian just posted, I was sick at the beginning of February and took Thurs/Fri off work. I could have taken a bunch of Advil and dragged my ass to the gym but I would rather rest for a few days and be better for hockey on Sun/Tues nights because I enjoy it more than lifting. I've had to realize that I need to make more conservative goals because with my schedule and priorities I won't make the same PRs I made when I was younger and more committed to lifting. That's why my goals for June 2015 are 10 lb PRs in squat, bench, and deads.

You'll be finding much more time to lift and carry on with hockey.

Way to go Doc! Fuck you have no idea how awesome life is after kids!

You seem like you'll make a great father, too.

Fuckin brohug.

Also, I know I have a lot less to worry about in life than most, at this point, but no one pays me to lift. I do it for fun and because I truly enjoy lifting.

I just MAKE the time.

I found the more shit i have to do. The more time i have to get shit done. When i had little in the way of responsibilities i found it easier to just fuck the dog or make excuses

this popped up on my facebook feed, thought it was funny:

10991184_801418366613166_7837875859989960477_n.jpg

Congrats Dr. Having kids is great....assuming you actually want kids which you clearly do. It sucks to hear the struggles you and the wife are having. My wife and I played softball this past summer with a lady in her mid 30's that was on fertility drugs. Something to the tune of about $15,000 out of their pocket...and still having issues.

Then you have jerks like my wife and I who try to conceive one time, and end up pregnant. We tried conceiving a total of 5 times for our 4 children. Our second child, our fist son was the only one that took a second attempt. I guess the seed/egg is strong with us.

What's even more maddening is that I have a loser friend who has gotten four different women pregnant over the same time period (all got abortions). He dates younger, stupid women who agree to not use condoms and aren't on the pill and essentially it's like abortion is his birth control. It feels like, this asshole can get all these women pregnant and he doesn't give a fuck but me and my wife try to do everything right and it takes years? How is that fair?

Congrats DrB! My youngest brother went through a similar deal with his wife over the past few years & they just had their 1st baby. Best wishes to you guys!

You'll be finding much more time to lift and carry on with hockey.

Way to go Doc! Fuck you have no idea how awesome life is after kids!

You seem like you'll make a great father, too.

Fuckin brohug.

Congrats Doc.

Thanks guys.

NK, I'm not sure about Lift for Kids Sake since it's two weeks before my wife is due. Probably fine but... and it also could potentially the championship game for my hockey team, if we make it.

I bump up my training maxes when I see fit. They well exceed my PRs. With the Sheiko structuring, my training maxes were 625/431/681 (SQ/BP/DL).

You lost me here. I thought a training max was one you could hit on any given day. That's the way I've seen it explained in Oly programming or "squat everyday" type programming.

You lost me here. I thought a training max was one you could hit on any given day. That's the way I've seen it explained in Oly programming or "squat everyday" type programming.

That's so beta. You're supposed to set your training max at 2x your current PR.

A program like Sheiko doesn't have much work over 90%. So increasing the TM after each cycle is the only way to increase your lifts without adjusting %s. The peaking cycles have you hit 100%-105% once 3 weeks out. This far, that's the only work over 90% I've seen.

A training max can also be a number that you calculate your work sets from, like in 5/3/1 (edit: or Sheiko as Aleks posted). If you keep bumping up the training max without testing your actual 1RM eventually your training max will be higher.

I get it now!

Congrats on impregnating your wife btw, Doc.

It's my birthday today. Off to a great start, had an all you can eat breakfast with my sons; bacon, sausages, eggs, hash browns, mushrooms and lots of coffee. Got given some nice beers and coffee as gifts too. The sun is out now, so will be off to the woods for a walk and to feed the ducks, before a nice dinner and a couple of pints of Guinness at a nearby country pub.

Simple things (for a simple person).

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend.

I wonder what piece of fabric Mark Bell is going to slap a "Slingshot" logo on to sell to fanboys next?

I saw a video the other day of him marketing his compression cuffs to wear OVER knee sleeves.

I wonder how Coan, Karwoski, Kaz, and the rest of that generation ever survived.

"Improve your squat even more with our new ankle circle!!! It's definitely not the same as the hip circle, so you should buy it!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back