• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Conor: Im here to get rich fast and get out quickly...

Hype in, hype out. He didn't just take money from the UFC, he also took all credibility left.

Hype in, hype out. He didn't just take money from the UFC, he also took all credibility left.

Whenever I hear Conor talk I reminisce about the old days when two big sweaty Super heavyweight men would headbutt each other in the balls as they flapped around the canvas like a baby seal in a tub of grease, that my friend, was the era of credibility.

Every fighter says that, it's always bs and they end up staying too long.

Every fighter says that, it's always bs and they end up staying too long.

True. I remember Anderson saying he wanted to retire by 35 years old. Look at him now.

I think a lot of fighters stay for to lo long for the money, they make good money for a year and think every year will be that way till they retire but then they realize they're far too in debt to retire so they keep fighting.

And then you have other fighters who stay because they want to become champion or become champion again when they're past there prime.

Only fighter I can recall to retire on top is GSP.

He is actually very insightful when it comes to breaking that martial arts techniques and has good thoughts on how to approach things in a rational manner. His gimmick makes him seem like an idiot.

His gimmick makes him look like a genius. It has everyone talking about him.

He probably already views himself as an establish elite star even though he has had so few fights. You see boxers (some in their mid twenties like Amir Kahn and Andre Ward) already talking about their retirements. Sort of a "catch me while you can" sort of way to promote. I am thinking this will make it into MMA and it's what Anderson was doing (before all the shit went down obviously).

You are probably right that he feels he is established enough to be able to say that. And it is obviously the smartest goal to have

Once he's made enough money he'll be Dana's successor, and make even more.

True. I remember Anderson saying he wanted to retire by 35 years old. Look at him now.

I think a lot of fighters stay for to lo long for the money, they make good money for a year and think every year will be that way till they retire but then they realize they're far too in debt to retire so they keep fighting.

And then you have other fighters who stay because they want to become champion or become champion again when they're past there prime.

For some, but not for others. 30's is a very young age to retire, what the hell do you do with all the free time? Even old people in their 60s get antsy after retiring and want too go back to work.

Guess it all depends on what one considers rich. He isnt going to get rich in the UFC in a few years.

He is a smart guy, I can see him making a fortune and then having a career as a presenter in the same way that Chael did ifhe doesn't just wanna sit back and relax

If that's his goal, he's doing a very good job of reaching it. His mouth is going to get him the cash and Aldo is going to get him out of there quick.

Quote for truth.

The way he's been protected by the UFC and seemingly leapfrogged the ranking system says that all of his bullshit antics are a 'pump and dump' scheme.

1. Get the idiotic 'Irish-American' audience riled up about this barely tested clown.

2. Crown him the heir apparent to Aldo's belt.

3. Profit as PPV buy #s skyrocket.

4. Laugh as Conor picks up his teeth one by one while exiting the cage.

5. Hopefully never hear from Conor again.

He doesnt want to end up like Gary Goodridge.

Maybe not considered "on top", but i think Chris Lytle prob had the best story book ending to his ufc career.... As gsp`s was bittersweet

For some, but not for others. 30's is a very young age to retire, what the hell do you do with all the free time? Even old people in their 60s get antsy after retiring and want too go back to work.

True i understand. My brothers grandfather is 70-75 years old and he just went back to work because he was bored being at home.

Yes, 30 years old is a very young age to retire for a normal person but not for a athlete in a combat sport. I mean if your in your late 20s, early 30s and your already a millionaire, why not retire? Live a little longer, and live happier. Go watch the ufc events live and enjoy your time on this earth.

30 years old is a young age to retire for someone who isn't rich, but if your rich, I'm sure you won't get bored traveling the world with all the money you have.

Back