Official UFC on Fox 15 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YT]VZ6Mdk2_3B8[/YT]

----------

^ Skip to 4:00 of the video when the submission happens. It's damn funny... Talk about this most clueless referee in history.

Last edited:
I won't feel bad. Myles is a douche.

Hopefully Pettis brings his TDD. It was shit vs RDA.

RDA shoots a double, Pettis hugs his back, and gets scooped up.
Over and over so frustrating.

Lol yea I'm not a Myles fan either, especially after the Cowboy fight. But boy is Pettis gonna lay a beating on him.

i just felt the speed advantage that jacare would have over weidman would be a big difference maker. id like to see how weidman deals w vitor's speed in their upcoming fight. is he even gonna play the stand up game for long periods of time or is he gonna put vitor on his ass as soon as the opportunity presents itself. putting jacare on his back isnt really something i think weidman wants to go but then again the guy stood up w anderson, albeit, he was very very cautious standing.

im just hesitant to jump on board w the luke train. yes, on paper he seems to be the makings of a future champion but other than the fight w jacare in strikeforce, he hasnt faced anyone that id consider to be better than mid tier. i guess id have to see how he does against machida before putting him ahead of jacare in terms of weidman's toughest test in the division

Hey I've been preaching about Luke since he beat my boy JT$ lol. He made me eat crow once but I feel, though crazy as hell to say, he underestimated Vitor especially TRT Vitor.

Machida vs ROckhold line is right on imo, it's a very close fight with a slight edge to rockhold due to youth.
I like OSP and i feel he'll get a close decision

Machida vs ROckhold line is right on imo, it's a very close fight with a slight edge to rockhold due to youth.
I like OSP and i feel he'll get a close decision

How will OSP get a close decision? I think if OSP wins it's by stoppage, I don't see OSP out pointing cummins.

What's everyone thinking with Means/Sullivan???

Sullivan likes to throw down. Even though he can land TDs, he wants to trade too. I'm thinking Means is gonna make him pay a few times as he tries to close the distance with those looping shots. Means TDD has caused him troubles before, and being so comfortable off his back, doesn't help matters. Since returning he hasn't faced anyone of the caliber of a Castillo, so we're not sure where he's at with that yet. Magny stole rounds with TDs, why couldn't Sullivan. He has been taken down at 170, but not with that grinding attack yet. Those TDA will play a huge role in this fight because if Sullivan doesn't hit them I have a feeling he will slow and those straight shots from Means will start to tally.

No play yet. Looking for more input from thread

Last edited:
10-thiago-alves-rick-story-ufc-130-weigh.jpg

Thiago has the best chesticles in all of MMA.

Side note, look how thin Dolce and Dana look. Pre-juicing and post-buffet.

Looks photoshopped. Where the hell you find this shit PR? More importantly, how did you ever notice that? I mean, tip-o-the-hat to you sir -- not only is that an awesome pic re bigger chests, but you have to be very secure in your manhood to post a picture like this. Especially without the obligatory "no homo" line :)

Felice Herring vs Paige VanZant
Watched GOT last night so figured I wanted to do a write up on Felice “Cersei Lannister” Herring vs Paige “Daenerys, Margaery, Sansa or whoever” VanZant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLXIFSDpdyM

“then comes another, a younger and more beautiful, to cast you down...”

Felice Herring is 30 years old, has a decentish record for 10-5 with a notable win over, ehh, Jessica Rakoczy (1-4) back in 2010, Lisa Ellis (15-9) in her last fight and two wins over Heather Jo Clark (7-4). She tends to beat up cans and clearly over matched opponents, she was -380 in her last fight and every time she is not been a huge favourite she has loses according to bestfightodds. She's had a handful of opportunities to make it big, including fights against former weight class champ Carla Esparza, a fight with Tecia Torres back in Invicta 7 that might've led to a title shoot with a win and her recent TUF-run, all of which have ended in defeat. Havn't watched the Esparza fight since it's so long ago, but let's just say that she didn't look like someone who preforms under pressure in the other fights. She does, however, keep in the spotlight by not shitting the bed against lower level opponents and, eh, just google Felice Herring pictures and you'll understand.

Paige VanZant is 21 years old with a 5-1 record and a win over Kailin Curran. She's very popular in social media due to being pretty and likeable in general. I've only watched her two fights in Invicta/UFC due to the rest being against tomato cans as far as records go (which is fine for a young fighter with few fights). As far as I can tell she's done a bunch of dancing and gymnastic and then went straight into MMA at the age of 15 without any other fighting background, which is somewhat apparent in her fights since she is well-ish rounded and not exceptional in any area except for the pace she sets.

They have one common opponent in Teica Torres, VZ fought her early in 2013 and Herring late in 2013. Both lost by fairly clear decisions.

VS has a higher pace and better conditioning, which will probably be a factor as Herring is not much of a finisher. Outside of her sub over Ellis in her last fight she has gone to decision eight fights in a row (TUF excluded) pretty much losing to the good fighters. VZ also has a good chin and took some huge shots from Torres without any reaction at all. VZ also looked like she was hard as nails when it came to defending submissions, Torres had her in some bad spots but VS did not let go and while a better BJJ-artist then Torres probably would've got her due to her power before skill-approach, I'm not sure that Herring has the grappling to pull of a sub.

Herring on the other hand has a very nice attribute in that no matter the amount of bullshit that she tells before the fight, she's not delusional and knows where her strengths lies. Vs Torres she talked a lot of smack about how Torres was tailor made for her and how she could open up her striking, then she goes for a sloppy 1-2 and a takedown vs a 2-1 fighter with wins over total unknowns and a combined one (1!) TKO in 7 ammy and 2 pro fights. For a 28-5 kickboxer, that's some fairly impressive lack of pride.

Herring will thus probably go for takedowns, and so far VZ has not shown a lot of good TDD. In fact, I'd say that's her weakest part of the game. She is, however, very active from guard and goes for sub attempts and scrambles a lot. In my opinion Herring will probably not be able to do much on the ground, even though she might very well get a bunch of nice positions and might steal the first round with it. However, a few months with team alpha male might sharpen her TDD and while Herring has decent takedowns she lacks enough drive to make them really good. Also, going by how they both looked against Torres a 18 y/o VZ actually looked much stronger and in my opinion won the clinch fighting while Herring got ROFLPWNed. There might very well be a strength issue here despite Herring being a older and bigger fighter.

I actually faded VZ in her last fight without watching tape just due to some injuries and other issues she reportedly had, which was dumb. This time she's as far as I can tell 100% healthy, at a very good camp in Team Alpha Male and probably in a decent place mentally given that everyone seems to like her, she's probably secure as far as money goes (she's talked about how her family made financial sacrifices to make sure she could fight etc) and around positive people. I think this will lead to a very good performance on her part. For reference, see how her corner men treats her during her last fight. Very little actual advice, just a lot of “you're doing good, it's going so well” and positive energy all around. Given that they know what they're doing that's probably what she needs.

Overall I feel that Herring has a few pathways to victory, she could possibly get takedowns and steal rounds or maybe look up a sub in a scramble since VZ isn't very polished yet. The much more likely scenario is however that the fight looks even-ish for a round before VZ's pace pays off and she takes over the fight. Given -200 or better I think the value is on the younger fighter that gets much better from fight to fight, trains at a better team and seems to have better strength and conditioning.

One possible problem is that even though VZ looked better vs Torres, the fights where almost a year apart and Torres might've just gotten better/stronger/faster. While I don't believe she does anything, people did talk about her possibly being on something and while I wouldn't put much stock in that she might've just figured out better ways to train or whatever. That could've screwed up the picture a bit.

My book has not released the lines yet, but except for the ML I will look at the VZ by sub prop, she goes for a ton of subs and Feliece tends to leave her head out when she goes for TD (she got stuck for a while in attempts vs both Clark and someone else I watched tape on, can't remember which one). That can't be healthy against someone who trains at Alpha Male.
thanks that was a very nice break down except you are in infringing on my turf as I am the one who is supposed to be writing the long-winded novels. this forum isn't big enough for the both of us :) for real though, I appreciate it and thanks a lot.

The only pertinent things I will add is that PVZ was merely 19 when she fought Tecia Torres and young fighters like that grow leaps and bounds from fight to fight. for reference, think Jon Jones fighting against the Jake O'Brien, Stephan Bonner and Andre Gusmao's of the world. he was taking on those fighters as a MMA neophyte training out of a small gym in New York City before getting older and going down to Albuquerque to train with the more established Jackson camp where we would see his rapid improvement in his ascent to the top.

like PVZ, the then unknown Jones was 20 years old when he made his UFC debut against Brazilian vet Andre Gusmao, and if you look back at that period, his fights vs. C-level comp such as those aforementioned opponents, his fights were so much more competitive than they would be today. like JBJ, the young athletic PVZ will progress with age as she matures and acquire the requisite knowledge to be a great mixed martial artist.

it's not just Jones that began young and raw only to grow into a mega beast. Canadian Rory MacDonald went through similar growing pains as he too entered the UFC as a uber-green 20 year old from a small camp. at this "Waterboy" as he was known, time was getting knocked off his feet by the likes of Mike Guymon FFS. However, like JBJ, Rory left his small camp and went to the larger training facility at Tristar where he blossomed into the potential champion he is today. there is not a reason that PVZ cannot accomplish the same thing. the examples of Rory & JBJ are analogous to 21 y/o PVZ leaving her small camp and training with TMA where she should progress significantly from fight-to-fight as did her male counterparts. meanwhile her opponent Felice Herrig has most likely reached her ceiling 30 years old.

If anyone is looking to do breakdowns (hint hint Goodfella/Hazak) - would like:

Rockhold vs. Machida
Swanson vs. Holloway
Cummins vs. OSP
Means vs. Sullivan

Fightmetric stats - if anyone likes looking at it - http://fightmetric.com/event-details/bc7cf284c1c2f16e

no problem Card, as much as you do on here at least I can break down a couple of fights. just lemme know which two you guys want the most.

I like the over much better. I think it'll be like a lot of juicer's fights.

Camozzi will be so afraid of his ground that he's getting beat up on the feet back pedaling. Sometimes Jacare can start slow.

I know he beat him in 3 minutes last time.

I agree Tebo

while at the end of the day I think the ending will mostly be on Jacare's terms, I do think Chris Camozzi will have a bit of a say so as to when he finally succumbs to the alligator , and I believe he can last longer than 7 minutes 30 seconds this time around. at + 140 I am going to take a stab that he can do that anyways :p

Last edited:
There are quite a few live dogs on this UFC on Fox 15 card in my opinion:

George Sullivan (+135) vs Tim Means
Takeya Mizugaki (+245) vs Aljamain Sterling
Gian Villante (+260) vs Corey Anderson
Ovince St. Preux (+114) vs Patrick Cummings
Felice Herrig (+127) vs Paige Van Zant

I don't think one can write off Lyoto Machida's chances at +130 against Luke Rockhold either, although I lean Rockhold.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a couple of those or more win. Will have to watch if the lines get better.

There are quite a few live dogs on this UFC on Fox 15 card in my opinion:

George Sullivan (+135) vs Tim Means
Takeya Mizugaki (+245) vs Aljamain Sterling
Gian Villante (+260) vs Corey Anderson
Ovince St. Preux (+114) vs Patrick Cummings
Felice Herrig (+127) vs Paige Van Zant

I don't think one can write off Lyoto Machida's chances at +130 against Luke Rockhold either, although I lean Rockhold.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a couple of those or more win. Will have to watch if the lines get better.

I only like Villante. Corey's green in the sport and Villante can throw down if it weren't for his gas tank issues.

I think Sterling is going to mop the floor with Mizugaki. I'ma bet a 3rd round finish for him as well as his ML.

Tim Means I think is in his prime right now I don't wanna bet against him but Sullivan has shown some good wrestling ability should he need to change the pace of the fight.

As far as OSP/Cummings goes, I think it's a toss up. I don't see Cummings being able to finish OSP but his dec line is terrible +140, you may as well bet him straight up. Should that dec line go up higher than +200, then I'll be all over it.

But yeah going for dogs is good in my books I wouldn't talk people out of going for the bigger pay

Sullivan likes to throw down. Even though he can land TDs, he wants to trade too. I'm thinking Means is gonna make him pay a few times as he tries to close the distance with those looping shots. Means TDD has caused him troubles before, and being so comfortable off his back, doesn't help matters. Since returning he hasn't faced anyone of the caliber of a Castillo, so we're not sure where he's at with that yet. Magny stole rounds with TDs, why couldn't Sullivan. He has been taken down at 170, but not with that grinding attack yet. Those TDA will play a huge role in this fight because if Sullivan doesn't hit them I have a feeling he will slow and those straight shots from Means will start to tally.

I think standing Means has the advantage because all George does is throw single strikes or the occasional 1-2. George could not take Rhodes down and control him, from what I've seen his takedowns are average at best. However I could see him giving Tim trouble if the fight does go to the mat, he has solid bjj and good ground and pound. Not really sure what to make of this fight other than that. Means will be a hell of a lot tougher than Igor though...

I think standing Means has the advantage because all George does is throw single strikes or the occasional 1-2. George could not take Rhodes down and control him, from what I've seen his takedowns are average at best. However I could see him giving Tim trouble if the fight does go to the mat, he has solid bjj and good ground and pound. Not really sure what to make of this fight other than that. Means will be a hell of a lot tougher than Igor though...

This fight is also in Sullivan's home town iirc. might make a dif if it is a close fight.

Ukram do William Hill offer live betting and if so is it on the whole card? Thinking of signing up with them Paddy still have not released odds for the full card which is very unlike them.

Vegas question. I will be in Vegas Saturday the 26th(the day of UFC 186) but at 4am local time. I will only be passing through but want to lay some bets. Where's the best place? Don't need props just straight bets.

I hate being ill-prepared and have an itinerary planned so I don't have much time to chill in Sin city.

Vegas question. I will be in Vegas Saturday the 26th(the day of UFC 186) but at 4am local time. I will only be passing through but want to lay some bets. Where's the best place? Don't need props just straight bets.

I hate being ill-prepared and have an itinerary planned so I don't have much time to chill in Sin city.

are you planning on watching it at the sports book, too? because if not then i dont think it matters as caesars, aria, the mirage, and mandalay bay all have one i believe (just to name a couple)

are you planning on watching it at the sports book, too? because if not then i dont think it matters as caesars, aria, the mirage, and mandalay bay all have one i believe (just to name a couple)

Nope will be in California during the fights.

The problem is I will be there at 4am local time and most sports books that I've been to open at 8 or 9am on saturday.

I need one that is 24 hours that lets you bet on UFC,
I know South Point and the Orleans are 24 hours but have never bet there before and do not know if they offer UFC betting.

Aldo just hit -125 at bet365. =D

aldo has been -113 for like 6 weeks now on betfair exchange if anyone wants an even better price. im wondering how the lines will swing as the fight nears, the amount of money the irish are inevitably going to lump on mcgoober could possibly make him the small favorite on fight night. bookies will be hesitant to move the line too much though imo.

Ukram do William Hill offer live betting and if so is it on the whole card? Thinking of signing up with them Paddy still have not released odds for the full card which is very unlike them.

yeah WH offer live betting, can't remember of the top of my head if the do prelims too. i think they do for some cards but it can be pretty random at times when they offer it and not, ukram will probably know more about WH than me. boylesports/ladbrokes/bet36/unibet/betfair exchange offer in play betting too.

This fight is also in Sullivan's home town iirc. might make a dif if it is a close fight.

Yup it is a bit tricky to predict at first I liked sullivan he could edge a decision here. Check cards post here:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...976375/showpost.php?p=105014405&postcount=107

Sullivan has upped his ground game work recently and he is use to going against wrestlers, he could use wrestling and take downs against means in this fight to get a clear decision however means has adjusted and improved his ttd lately his grappling has improved also.

The issue I have is while means has more volume and more striking if he takes a sullivan bomb or ends up on back he may mentally check out and let sullivan take over as long as he does not mentally quit means should be able to out strike sullivan with sheer volume alone, x factor of course is means 1 week notice!

This is why Ill be live betting :icon_neut

yeah WH offer live betting, can't remember of the top of my head if the do prelims too. i think they do for some cards but it can be pretty random at times when they offer it and not, ukram will probably know more about WH than me. boylesports/ladbrokes/bet36/unibet/betfair exchange offer in play betting too.

Yeah they do full live betting but not on the first 2 early prelim fights, the main prelims and main card usually always, they don't impose limits either ie one could bet 2K or 5K bets however they can offer a more better deal ie less loss more returns.

Live betting is hit and miss though and very frustrating on william hills ie lines can remain closed for half the fight sometimes, if someone gets taken down the line goes off so this could mean literally live betting lines remain closed for 90% of the fight. Even in-between rounds it can remain closed sometimes ! 2 weeks ago I went to hedge out of my 2k masvidal play, they rejected my hedge play and closed lines.

Other bookies id imagine do similar but sometimes ladbrokes and bet365 I notice keep the lines open more......

Also william hill had no live betting on last weeks fight card, reminds me I may try sorting out unibet since they had it fully available even on the prelims.

I think Sterling is going to mop the floor with Mizugaki. I'ma bet a 3rd round finish for him as well as his ML.

Yup watched both guys last fights, mizu is just going to be too slow to really get anything going agaist sterling he may get him down but sterling comes from a wrestling back ground and is fight iq smart at winning rounds or regaining lost points ie he gets taken down he will make sure he gets a take down straight after.

Mizugaki maybe a dog though but I don't like a lively one at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back