Andre "B-Side" Ward absolutely bombs on BET

You post how much you dont care in every one of the threads with his name in it. Clearly you dont care.

I have Dish now. Comcast can go fuck themselves, and we had reception issues with Directv at our place. Very happy with Dish.

Yeah, from what I understand Directv and Dish both don't recognize local times so much. My parents have Directv down south and it's the same thing; most channels are east coast broadcasts instead of westcoast. I really like that. I liked living in the CST, everything was always on live - and an hour earlier than the east.

Once Google fiber (or any alternative fiber) shows up in this area I'll probably switch. Right now I only use Comcast because of their internet and penchant for giving me HBO/Showtime for free every year.

Yeah, the actual cable channel delayed it until 10PM PT. I watched live on Tidal because it happened to dawn on me to try. But most people here were stuck waiting until 10PM.

They played Romeo Must Die during the 8-10 slot instead.

It was listed as starting at 10 pm on Comcast Bay Area but actually started live at 7 pm which means anyone going by that guide completely missed the fight and caught Paid In Full when they turned there at 10 pm

You post how much you dont care in every one of the threads with his name in it. Clearly you dont care.

Don't let it bother you. You seem to get sort of riled when people criticize your favorites.

I think Andre Ward has far surpassed guys like Winky Wright in regards to ruining their careers.

Wow, that's big talk. I could agree somewhat though. At least Winky had some big fights even if he should've had more. Ward has had exactly 1 since the super 6 ended 3 1/2 years ago.

Wow, that's big talk. I could agree somewhat though. At least Winky had some big fights even if he should've had more. Ward has had exactly 1 since the super 6 ended 3 1/2 years ago.

ward has a contract with HBO and when he told HBO what he wanted for his return fight, they told him to beat it and go fight somewhere else. I honestly can't recall HBO ever doing that before and they need guys to fight their stars around 160-175.

Don't let it bother you. You seem to get sort of riled when people criticize your favorites.

I dont mind discussing my favorites lol. I just find it weird when people make an effort to consistently talk about something they find boring.

ward has a contract with HBO and when he told HBO what he wanted for his return fight, they told him to beat it and go fight somewhere else. I honestly can't recall HBO ever doing that before and they need guys to fight their stars around 160-175.

Surprisingly he got what he deserved and also what he wanted. Sucks it took so long but glad its done with.

BET very popular for white people too, or did you miss the fact that a large portion of america's white youth are into hip-hop, rap and RNB? plus Ward isn't a draw regardless of channel because he's so boring to watch (for some) plus a long layoff and tuneup

michael-jordan-lol.gif

What a conclusion. We've got Sherlock Holmes on sherdog

Mosley a better win (x2) than all Wards wins imo

Mosley a better win (x2) than all Wards wins imo

Wards run through the super 6 and his domination of Dawson were pretty good wins.

Thats whats so disappointing about Ward. It starting to seem like we've seen his best. There's no one at 168 pounds for him. He doesn't want to step up to 175 and no one at 160 is going to test him either.

Wards run through the super 6 and his domination of Dawson were pretty good wins.

Thats whats so disappointing about Ward. It starting to seem like we've seen his best. There's no one at 168 pounds for him. He doesn't want to step up to 175 and no one at 160 is going to test him either.

Oh no doubt the wins were very good, and he may well be better than Winky as a boxer, but he still has a way to go if he wants to be considered alongside SMW greats like Calzaghe and Ottke. btw what about Golovkin as a test from 160?

175 is extremely likely.

Oh no doubt the wins were very good, and he may well be better than Winky as a boxer, but he still has a way to go if he wants to be considered alongside SMW greats like Calzaghe and Ottke. btw what about Golovkin?

Already up there with Calzaghe.

Dont think he and Golovkin will fight though. Golovkin doesnt seem interested and Ward will probably stay at 175 when he goes there.

if he goes up to 175 then he has fights :) so no I don't see him going up haha

Forgot all those fights he ducked and declined.

"I want a billion dollars and a blow job from your wife for this fight to happen."

He doesn't duck, but he does price himself out of basically every big fight since the Super Six.

like that time Ward said he'd go up to LHW, Dawson called him out and then Dawson had to go down to SMW.

I don't dislike him as a fighter, I just don't think Froch and Kessler were that great, Abraham was a MW coming up who also got completely outboxed by Froch :p Dawson was a good win even if he drained him lol

and yeah if Ward had gone up and got outmuscled by Dawson I would have agreed it was a bad move, as I rate Ward over Dawson overall.

Haven't watched BET since I was a kid but I used to come home and watch Tigger in the basement show and 106andpark on the reg. This was back when AJ and Free hosted. Man that was a long time ago, lol. Any other people remember this?

lol yes

You must be late 20s to early 30s

I know I get BET now but I have no idea what channel it even is on FIOS

Back