Recent fights/results/news from China

I love you.
No homo, but so much love.

Are some of the other match-ups known?
It's so hard to get a grasp on whatever's going on in China, such a waste considering the quality of their events.

No promotion known or matchups.

newest replacement (i think zhao retired)

Damn,just want to see Petrosyan against Yod or Sitthichai,even a rematch with ristie,but if Petrosyan fight this year against one of them it would be the best fight of the year by far

Rematch of the 2014 70kg tournament final if I'm not mistaken.

Damn,just want to see Petrosyan against Yod or Sitthichai,even a rematch with ristie,but if Petrosyan fight this year against one of them it would be the best fight of the year by far

Even better than Buakaw vs Yi Long :icon_lol:

Kehl
Amrani
KOK's Maxim Railean
and more next week in China on WLF it looks liek.

is there any video of nagbes fight?

Jomthong was raped big time. Not by a fighter, but by the judges. Like, it wasn't even competitive! After the fight the judges got together and were seen debating the scoring and after a couple minutes came back saying it would go to an extra round. Jomthong got the better in the extra round but it was closer I guess, and of course the Chinese dude won it. One of the worst screw jobs you'll ever see.

Jomthong was raped big time. Not by a fighter, but by the judges. Like, it wasn't even competitive! After the fight the judges got together and were seen debating the scoring and after a couple minutes came back saying it would go to an extra round. Jomthong got the better in the extra round but it was closer I guess, and of course the Chinese dude won it. One of the worst screw jobs you'll ever see.

Honestly, I thought the fight was quite competitive. Jomthong never landed anything meaningful and the Chinese fighter was still always able to return with strikes of his own. Questionable decision but not a robbery in my opinion. If you want a real screwjob watch Masato vs Buakaw.

Btw, Qiu Jianliang vs Andrei Kulebin was a good fight. Qiu Jianliang's spinning lowkicks reminded me of Andy Hug.

Does that mean Qiu Jianliang has entered the top 10 at featherweight?

Honestly, I thought the fight was quite competitive. Jomthong never landed anything meaningful and the Chinese fighter was still always able to return with strikes of his own. Questionable decision but not a robbery in my opinion. If you want a real screwjob watch Masato vs Buakaw.

Jomthong didn't land meaningful strikes, but the Chinese guy did? Lol the Chinese guy landed like 3 punches in round 1 and in 2 and 3 got picked off with kicks the entire time. Tell me how rounds 2 or 3 could be rules even or even given to the Chinese guy. He got worked over easily. This was way worse than Masato-Buakaw.

You probably think Yod-Grigorian and Sitthichai-Jauncey were close fights.

Jomthong didn't land meaningful strikes, but the Chinese guy did? Lol the Chinese guy landed like 3 punches in round 1 and in 2 and 3 got picked off with kicks the entire time. Tell me how rounds 2 or 3 could be rules even or even given to the Chinese guy. He got worked over easily. This was way worse than Masato-Buakaw.

You probably think Yod-Grigorian and Sitthichai-Jauncey were close fights.

I don't think Yod-Grigorian or Sittichai-Jauncey were close. I don't know why you brought those fights up with me.

Both fighters were fairly inactive throughout the entire bout. Jomthong landed more singular kicks but no combinations while the Chinese fighter would flurry every now and then. Hardly a domination at all, more like a staring contest. If you call this a domination then it is the most underwhelming domination ever. Masato- Buakaw is a real fight and was not even close because Buakaw was absolutely outstriking Masato and it still went to the extra round.

As I said before, questionable decision but not really a travesty. Btw, I would have given it to Jomthong as well, but I ain't the judge.

The discussion at least. Pretty similar to Verhoeven/Gerasimchuk and Marcus/Bian. Depends on who's rankings you go by.

Wasn't that bad, nowhere near "One of the worst screw jobs you'll ever see". Jomthong fought boring, sadly judges can be susceptible to crowd reactions.

Chinese guy went for it a few times and got the crowd roaring, while landing some shots, ended 3rd and the extra round "strongly" while Jomthong did nothing.

One judge probably had it for Jomthong after 3 rounds and they took their time cause of that.

As I said before, questionable decision but not really a travesty. Btw, I would have given it to Jomthong as well, but I ain't the judge.
This exactly.

Good performance by Qui must of watched footage or just saw how wide/wild Amrani was caught him numerous times w/counter hooks.

Wasn't that bad, nowhere near "One of the worst screw jobs you'll ever see". Jomthong fought boring, sadly judges can be susceptible to crowd reactions.

Chinese guy went for it a few times and got the crowd roaring, while landing some shots, ended 3rd and the extra round "strongly" while Jomthong did nothing.

One judge probably had it for Jomthong after 3 rounds and they took their time cause of that.

This exactly.

see it the same, fight wasn't compareable to Jauncey-Sittichai or Grigorian-Yod.

Just watched the fight, Amrani got stopped by a cut above the eyelid. He was protesting the stoppage but overall it was fair.

You guys are blind. Just because a guy throws punches doesn't mean he's landing. The Chinese guy didn't land much. Leonard Garcia effect. Crowd reaction doesn't mean shit. Actually watch what's landing and what's totally whiffing. This fight was not even kinda competitive. Jomthong won all 3 rounds EASILY and the extension wasn't all that close either.

Here is a breakdown of significant strikes landed. I'm not counting glancing shots or jabs. Both had a decent amount of glancing shots and Jomthong landed a few jabs while the Chinese guy didn't land more than 1 or 2.

Round 1

Jomthong

Kicks: 10
Punches: 2
Knees: 3

Chinese

Kicks: 0
Punches: 4
Knees: 0

Round 2

Jomthong

Kicks: 14
Punches: 3
Knees: 4

Chinese

Kicks: 1
Punches: 2

Round 3

Jomthong

Kicks: 8
Punches: 0
Knees: 4

Chinese

Kicks: 3

Total

Jomthong

Kicks: 32
Punches: 5
Knees: 11

= 48 significant strikes

Chinese

Kicks: 4
Punches: 6

= 10 significant strikes

Almost all the kicks by both were to the body. 1 or 2 low kicks for each is all.

Tell me again how this wasn't a total robbery? Feel free to breakdown Masato-Buakaw and I guarantee the numbers weren't even close to as lopsided as this. Go ahead and watch the fight and see if I am lying about those stats.

Extension Round

Jomthong

Kicks: 7
Knees: 7

Chinese

Kicks: 1
Punches: 3
Knees: 1

see it the same, fight wasn't compareable to Jauncey-Sittichai or Grigorian-Yod.

Same fights. Landing unanswered middle kicks the whole way through.

The Chinese guy didn't land a real strike until halfway through rounds 1 and 2. NOTHING! And in round 3 for the first half he landed all of 1 leg kick that just caused him to fall on his ass.

This fight was every bit as one sided as those other two.

4KbHlFK.jpg

They let him fight till the end of round 1 but stopped after.
Jianliang was winning having downed Amrani 2x before that.

Chinese keep improving.

You guys are blind. Just because a guy throws punches doesn't mean he's landing. The Chinese guy didn't land much. Leonard Garcia effect. Crowd reaction doesn't mean shit. Actually watch what's landing and what's totally whiffing. This fight was not even kinda competitive. Jomthong won all 3 rounds EASILY and the extension wasn't all that close either.

Judges are human. Of course crowd reaction matters. Not going to go back and watch a boring fight again and count strikes lol. We've also literally all said the thai should have won it. It just wasn't anywhere near the worst robbery. You can count all the stats you want, meanwhile in the real world getting the crowd reaction and/or ending rounds strong > throwing the same boring kick every 10seconds for the whole match.

Watched a ton of fights since this1 but from what I remember a lot of the kicks also landed on chinese dudes arms and he mostly took em like a champ. Not knowing their EXACT scoring criteria that might be fairly significant. But again Jomthong still won that fight...just not some mega massive OMFG GUYS WORST EVA robbery.

Add a down to that and give is straight to the chinese after 3 rounds. Talking about scoring that literally wouldn't be possible if the scoring critereria in effect was followed - those are total robberies.

Ghita via compustrike!!!111

Last edited:
It's Jomthong's own fault for not having any sense of urgency in the 4th round. He fought at the same speed while that was the Chinese fighter's best round. And since you have 3 different people telling you that it was a close fight and not a total robbery, maybe it is you who is blind. In blind love with Jom-THONG lol.

I really liked the performance from Deng Zeqi.

Resetting back on the feet after getting hung up in the ropes in the MMA fight? Whoops...

Chinese judging at its finest again but shadess will tell you I'm full of shit. This is exactly why every thai fighter believes you get flown in for a paycheck and a loss on your recored.

Chinese judging at its finest again but shadess will tell you I'm full of shit. This is exactly why every thai fighter believes you get flown in for a paycheck and a loss on your recored.

If that were true then why bother advancing jomthong through the tournament at all

Davit Kiria - David Calvo
Victor Nagbe - Dzianis Zuev
From Kunlun 32 aired today so vids are out there.

Must be nice living your fantasy land. This wasn't a good decision. Nobody has said it was. It just wasn't the absolute worst !!1111 one either.

Judging in China has improved by leaps and bounds from just a couple years ago. Still there are decisions people don't agree everywhere all the time. Doesn't matter if it's Glory or Enfusion or whatever promotion wherever.

Again for the n'th time, this wasn't a good decision. Surely doesn't help the image of fair judging in China.

Not going to go count decisions but I'd throw guestimate out of my ass that more thai's are getting winning decisions on at least the couple main Chinese kickboxing promotions than losing them. Dumb fucking camps if they keep thinking they're just flown in to lose. Same as with the dumb mindset a lot of foreigners seemed to have had that the Chinese fighters can't compete on the same level so they don't train a 100% for their fights in China.

Last edited:
sittichai will fight another thai.
must be superbon,no way they'll have him vs yod.

Back