UFC 189: Conor McGregor vs. Chad Mendes PBP (Discussion)

I can't believe they stopped that fight with 3 seconds left... Actually I can believe that. I'll have to watch the fight again sober, but so far... Early stoppage.

he won't if he's on his back taking shots like mendes was delivering. Frankie wouldn't gas like that. Full camp mendes wouldn't gas like that. It's ok, he will have to continue to prove himself against wrestlers.

That said, as much as i don't like him or his fans... Conor turned out to be much more legit than i thought he ever was.

But like i said, unless he develops some better tdd its only a matter of time.

get out now. Hater. Out now.

haven't screamed that much at my tv for a while lol chad took it to conor who weathered the wrestling and got the KO, i wouldn't mind seeing a rematch down the line with chad having a full camp but i think conor would win it again.

hopefully aldo vs mcgregor is a better and longer fight with a lot of back and forth action.

Mendes got fucking kod by that fucking left wtf are u guys talking about delusional haters! War mcgregor.

He won't if he's on his back taking shots like Mendes was delivering. Frankie wouldn't gas like that. Full camp Mendes wouldn't gas like that. It's ok, he will have to continue to prove himself against wrestlers.

That said, as much as I don't like him or his fans... Conor turned out to be much more legit than I thought he ever was.

But like I said, unless he develops some better TDD its only a matter of time.

By your logic, Anderson Silva's not legit. :rolleyes:

damn the hate is strong LOL

It's ridiculous. I was pretty indifferent to Conor but these haters are making me a fan. Dude will have to beat Aldo and defend the belt at least ten times before they consider him "Legit."

No.. most of us Mendes fans didn't promise to leave Sherdog forever if "our hero" lost like Conor fans. :rolleyes:

your in every thread talking fucking shit, every fucking thread i see you, now pay respect to your man conor like i do to mendes.
mendes is a warrior.

but conors the best in the ufc on the feet and you could all see that tonight, we see it along long time. show some fucking respect for the champion.

Mendes gnp the fuck out of mcgregor i thought he was gonna lose thats why your all so butthurt losers.

Mcgregor is a wizard on the feet and the fw goat aldo is nobody.

Full training camp + avoiding body kicks Mendes vs Conor would be a different fight, maybe. Mendes sat back too much in the 1st, body kicks probably took a lot out of his cardio before he started getting them takedowns.

He won't if he's on his back taking shots like Mendes was delivering. Frankie wouldn't gas like that. Full camp Mendes wouldn't gas like that. It's ok, he will have to continue to prove himself against wrestlers.

That said, as much as I don't like him or his fans... Conor turned out to be much more legit than I thought he ever was.

But like I said, unless he develops some better TDD its only a matter of time.

You're forgetting that he spent his camp preparing for Aldo, who is completely different.

Conor gassed Mendes with his body work, and the accuracy of his punches rivals, and probably surpasses Anderson Silva. His punches are laser beams straight to the chin. They don't look that hard, but when perfectly placed it doesn't matter.

Mendes gnp the fuck out of mcgregor i thought he was gonna lose thats why your all so butthurt losers.

Mcgregor is a wizard on the feet and the fw goat aldo is nobody.

Not really. He landed a few clean elbows, but nothing that serious. Mostly he just threw to keep busy and stop it from being stood up.

Conor was really in a bad position for this fight. Way too much media shit and not nearly enough time training tdd really hurt him. When his corner didn't even mention it in between rounds I knew he was fuked. That said it's amazing he was able to come back and win. I think the stoppage was bs but I'm OK with it cause Conor will be an entertaining champ.

By your logic, Anderson Silva's not legit. :rolleyes:

Stupid.. Anderson Silva has faced and beaten multiple wrestlers.

Conor barely beat "mini mendes" on a 2 week's notice camp. And he had to take a beating to do it. We'll see how long he lasts (as champion) in this division. I look forward to it.

your in every thread talking fucking shit, every fucking thread i see you, now pay respect to your man conor like i do to mendes.
mendes is a warrior.

but conors the best in the ufc on the feet and you could all see that tonight, we see it along long time. show some fucking respect for the champion.

But he's not the champ...and Chad's already been beat on the feet. Show some respect to the REAL champ ;-)

mendes is a warrior.

I've already shown my respect to Conor as a fighter. Maybe you should learn to read.

If you're telling me to respect his "character.." Not in a milion years. Can't stand him. No amount of winning is gonna change that.

When he starts to show some respect to his opponents and the sport in general maybe I'll change my mind.

Until then... I have one thing to say to Conor fans... Frankie Edgar.

Back