Studio 540 Secret Seminar! (Sept 10, 2015)

From what I've heard, the only drawback of the free seminars is that its so packed full of people, its nearly impossible to drill or get any one-on-one attention from the guest instructor.

I'm guessing Rob is spending $10k-$20k on each free seminar to pay for the instructor fee, hotel and travel. The $100 charge is chump change in comparison to what he spent already and I'm 100% sure its only to make sure the seminar isn't overcrowded.

Catch Rob "in action" here:

t7z59g.png

Maybe one of these guys or all three (Buchecha, Rodolfo and Leandro Lo)?

My guess is still MG!

Last edited:
From what I've heard, the only drawback of the free seminars is that its so packed full of people, its nearly impossible to drill or get any one-on-one attention from the guest instructor.

I'm guessing Rob is spending $10k-$20k on each free seminar to pay for the instructor fee, hotel and travel. The $100 charge is chump change in comparison to what he spent already and I'm 100% sure its only to make sure the seminar isn't overcrowded.

10 to 20k? Are you kidding me? Lol.

Maybe 2k on average, and up to 4k for the more expensive ones.

A bunch of those guys are in California already and would be happy to get paid 1000 bucks for a short seminar.

What the fuck does this guy do? How come he's so rich?

When is the info releasing?

Okay well enlighten us if I'm wrong

drug money

edit: in case it's not painfully clear, I'm joking. Zep has a very generic linkedin and it's not clear what he does.

Wasn't there a thread recently that stated Rickson seminars are awesome. He shows little details that can change the way you approach positions. He conducts seminars so well that when he requests attendees not talk about what's taught, people actually respect it.

I don't do many seminars but I would pay $100 for Rickson without question.

Not just Rickson, but his BB's as well- Jack, Henry Akins, Luiz Claudio, Thiago veiga- same type of reviews.

Wasn't there a thread recently that stated Rickson seminars are awesome. He shows little details that can change the way you approach positions. He conducts seminars so well that when he requests attendees not talk about what's taught, people actually respect it.

I don't do many seminars but I would pay $100 for Rickson without question.

I'd imagine Rickson seminars look a lot like the "invisible jiu jitsu" he showed Budo Jake in his show. Which I would love to see more of.

Not just Rickson, but his BB's as well- Jack, Henry Akins, Luiz Claudio, Thiago veiga- same type of reviews.

Henry Akins has stuff on youtube. Seems inferior to things Caio Terra/Roger Gracie/Mendes Bros show.

I would guess a Rickson seminar would be pretty disappointing. A former coach went to one (paid loads of money) and he learned a bunch of self defense stuff and a few details (which people like the Mendes brothers show nowdays).

An old instructor of mine went to one, said all Rickson would do is show a move and then sit on the sidelines ignoring everyone eating bananas. And that he brought a black belt from his school whose sole function seemed to be fetching him bananas from the front desk. I've always wondered if the banana boy was Shane Rice or Henry Aikens. Or even Kron.

Back