Muay Thai Gym Q&A

Anyone got any experience from Chinnarach or Diamond muay thai on koh phan ngan?

I trained at Chinnarach briefly a few years ago. Really good training (he has good English too) and an all round good vibe. Love that island!

http://www.paidangmuaythai.com/

There's a new gym in Koh Samui by 3x Lumpini champ Paidang Davy.
Hes brother Nokweed should be there to.

I can personally vouch for them both...2 of the best trainers I ever had!!
Training would be intense.

Good for beginners?

I have only one year of training in Muay Thai and I am not into fighting but I like to train constantly and now I am out so Would love going either January or February...

Good for beginners?

I have only one year of training in Muay Thai and I am not into fighting but I like to train constantly and now I am out so Would love going either January or February...

I imagine they would be. Both very patient and believe in proper technique.
These two were known as the main trainers for the fighters back at WMC Lamai, but sometimes helping out the beginners to get them fight read if they chose to.

Would be hard to chose from with Paidangs new gym, Since my origins in Muay Thai were from WMC Lamai. Guess I'll do a couple of privates there and see :icon_conf

I imagine they would be. Both very patient and believe in proper technique.
These two were known as the main trainers for the fighters back at WMC Lamai, but sometimes helping out the beginners to get them fight read if they chose to.

Would be hard to chose from with Paidangs new gym, Since my origins in Muay Thai were from WMC Lamai. Guess I'll do a couple of privates there and see :icon_conf

Well I

I would recommend WMC Lamai for a first Thailand timer like yourself.
Next to the beach and good trainers about, and the classes are separated into Beginners and Fighters. Fighters don't have to fight, just means the training would be harder. :cool:

Looks awesome, I

i know the faq on page 1 says that a month is the bare minimum to see improvement, but are any decent gyms okay for casuals? by that i mean 1 or 2 sessions a day, 5 days a week, for 2 weeks total? will be holidaying with the gf next year and i think ive been given the all clear.

the gyms i have been looking at (sitjaopho and sinbi) seem to suggest its okay to train on this basis if you book in advance, but i wouldn't want to be a burden. not looking to get loads out of it, just get a little flavour of training and keep fit while on holiday.

yes Sinbi would fit you, also a good location for a holiday

but i wouldn't want to be a burden.

LOL you ain't burden, just another passing falang with dollars to them. :icon_lol:

Not really sure about Sitjaopho, but Sinbi is quite a large gym, that I don't see a reason to book in advance, unless you were to stay on camp.

good to know! :)

looks like our trip will be leaning toward travelling from bangkok to phang nga bay to phuket anyway so sitjaopho is probably not possible anyway.

i know the faq on page 1 says that a month is the bare minimum to see improvement, but are any decent gyms okay for casuals? by that i mean 1 or 2 sessions a day, 5 days a week, for 2 weeks total? will be holidaying with the gf next year and i think ive been given the all clear.

the gyms i have been looking at (sitjaopho and sinbi) seem to suggest its okay to train on this basis if you book in advance, but i wouldn't want to be a burden. not looking to get loads out of it, just get a little flavour of training and keep fit while on holiday.

good to know! :)

looks like our trip will be leaning toward travelling from bangkok to phang nga bay to phuket anyway so sitjaopho is probably not possible anyway.

sinbi is perfect. yes its a very busy gym, but they have lots of good trainers there to take care of classes. you will always get your pad rounds in no matter how busy. they do a good job of organizing. i definitely recommend taking a few privates over the couple weeks you are there in addition to the group classes.

also, phang nga is great. my friends and i did a 3 day overnight kayaking trip and it was beautiful. highly recommended. it was the most costly single item to pay for the whole time i was in thailand, but me and my friends thought it was totally worth it because everything is included and you get a personal guide to take you to the small islands. more often than not we were the ONLY ones on the island. it was really cool. here's a few photos:

11722138_10155792500735080_3902336908652070524_o.jpg

11698990_10155792501225080_6497653534156686807_o.jpg

11754912_10155828658660080_8385623170330749817_o.jpg

11700594_10155792500080080_2818715491041086568_o.jpg

11221370_10155804055075080_398200892324851764_o.jpg

sinbi is perfect. yes its a very busy gym, but they have lots of good trainers there to take care of classes. you will always get your pad rounds in no matter how busy. they do a good job of organizing. i definitely recommend taking a few privates over the couple weeks you are there in addition to the group classes.

also, phang nga is great. my friends and i did a 3 day overnight kayaking trip and it was beautiful. highly recommended. it was the most costly single item to pay for the whole time i was in thailand, but me and my friends thought it was totally worth it because everything is included and you get a personal guide to take you to the small islands. more often than not we were the ONLY ones on the island. it was really cool. here's a few photos:

11722138_10155792500735080_3902336908652070524_o.jpg

11698990_10155792501225080_6497653534156686807_o.jpg

11754912_10155828658660080_8385623170330749817_o.jpg

11700594_10155792500080080_2818715491041086568_o.jpg

11221370_10155804055075080_398200892324851764_o.jpg

Lovely place, I am going to Indonesia this January or February and may pass or will be the trip for 2017...

thanks for the advice and review. trip looks like it was amazing m8

thanks for the advice and review. trip looks like it was amazing m8

yeah, it was great. i was there 6 weeks total and went to phuket, chiang mai, bangkok, and siem reap. different friends flew in to meet me at different times so it was a lot of fun.

LOL you ain't burden, just another passing falang with dollars to them. :icon_lol:

Not really sure about Sitjaopho, but Sinbi is quite a large gym, that I don't see a reason to book in advance, unless you were to stay on camp.

Sitjaopho is small and they limit the number of students.

I use to go to Sinbi religiously, but then the Russians showed up and the student attitude changed. The pads were still great, but the sparring wasn't. I would often end up sparring with the trainers, but they would be tired from holding 30+ rounds a day. I really miss the Sinbi of 2007-2009.

Sitjaopho often has students from Scandinavia, who which I get along with great. They are big and have great attitudes towards proper training.

I use to go to Sinbi religiously, but then the Russians showed up and the student attitude changed. The pads were still great, but the sparring wasn't. I would often end up sparring with the trainers, but they would be tired from holding 30+ rounds a day. I really miss the Sinbi of 2007-2009.

Phuket is a damn Russian invasion! Damn Kazakhstan's partly (among other reasons) ruined AKA for me with their damn grumpy serious mood.

First went to Sinbi back in 2010 and really enjoyed it. Now I heard it's gone down hill, Pot doesn't do much and Wang's death really bums me out. But I'm still keen to check it out again.

Phuket is a damn Russian invasion! Damn Kazakhstan's partly (among other reasons) ruined AKA for me with their damn grumpy serious mood.

First went to Sinbi back in 2010 and really enjoyed it. Now I heard it's gone down hill, Pot doesn't do much and Wang's death really bums me out. But I'm still keen to check it out again.

Pot was there and training people every single day when I was there a few months ago. His clinch game is still strong as f@ck.

that's a shame about sinbi, and interesting about russians training in sinbi/phuket. i don't want to make generalisations about an entire people but often they (and other eastern european guys) seem to spar in a style that i'm not accustomed to, generally too hard and often "to win". also, having holidayed in egypt and turkey (where tourism ties with russia are very strong historically) i'm also aware of certain cultural differences regarding politeness and etiquette. there are always exceptions of course.

i may look at other options then but will likely be looking toward sinbi because it seems one of the places you can turn up on the day. i won't be able to commit enough to train at a small place like sitjaopho where you need to book a place in advance. that would be the dream though for a proper training trip.

Pot was there and training people every single day when I was there a few months ago. His clinch game is still strong as f@ck.

That's good to hear... i heard from someone that his knee was getting worse and he was barely around. Hopefully he's better

Back