ANT-MAN Thread v.2 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen ANT-MAN, how would you rate it?

• 5 - Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terribad

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
meh, this movie was a 5/10 for me, felt boring, uninteresting, and uninspiring

the movie plays it very safe, Pena's humor and the size shifting keep it interesting in some parts but ultimately it was a whole lot of fluff for nothing

and again the villain, well there's another dud, I never felt like he was a threat

Finally got around , to seeing this ( In Guam of all places ) I really liked it , I liked the heist aspect and I thought the chemistry of the cast and the pacing was good , as is the case with most of the Marvel Villains Darren Cross was a bit flat but overall didn't bring the film down

8/10

I have to say... this is an average movie compared to the other Marvel movies.
way too much meaningless exposition and too much unexplained
casting overall was just ok
I would have cared more for the story if Pym had actually been in
the avengers/age of ultron and help create ultron
exactly why was pym watching lang all this time and how did he expect
handing his maid a wad of cash would end up with lang robbing him
Stoll knowing about the plot to steal yellow jacket in the end was way to
convenient in how it happened.
The tank at the end irritated my in the way all deus ex solutions do.

Completely agree with this and others have alluded to it as well.
There really no. Good. Reason. For Scott Lang to be the antman.
The movie would have been more interesting with old man pym and his daughter...the wasp fighting as father and daughter, with the memory of what happened to his wife hanging over him.

And it woulda been awesome to see RDJ and Michael Douglas on screen (going forward).

With that being said, I found Rudd okay. He doesn't bring anything special to the table...not especially funny or good looking(no homo), nor charismatic.
5/10... Avg movie. Good for kids.... Next

That's the worst theater average out of any MCU film so far. Using three examples to project the final domestic gross:
Legs like Hulk: $141.1mil
Legs like Thor 2: $139.7mil
Legs like Cap 2: $158.7mil

If I had to guess I'd put it in the $145-150mil range; it has had a better reception than Thor 2 but not on Cap 2's level.

Ants are very hard to clear out.
Thor 1: 181M (World: 449.3M)
Ant-Man 1: 177.6M (World: 401.4M) Just came out in Japan and isn't out in China yet
Cap 1: 176.7M (World: 370.6M)

Looked at Thor 2 to see where that big drop came from, weeks 6 to 7 it went from 1923 theaters to 319 dropping it from 6th place to 16th. No other MCU movies had been pulled like that.

Ants are very hard to clear out.
Thor 1: 181M (World: 449.3M)
Ant-Man 1: 177.6M (World: 401.4M) Just came out in Japan and isn't out in China yet
Cap 1: 176.7M (World: 370.6M)

Looked at Thor 2 to see where that big drop came from, weeks 6 to 7 it went from 1923 theaters to 319 dropping it from 6th place to 16th. No other MCU movies had been pulled like that.

Huh, I just realized I never made my week three or four final estimates for this one. Well, based on the four week numbers I would have adjusted that initial estimate way up. So new estimators would be:
Estimate from opening weekend: $145-150mil [quick note: estimates from opening weekend numbers only will have huge error bars, a film's legs are super important in determining the final total...]
Estimate from week four data: $169.6mil ($161.6-178.5mil for 99% confidence interval) [...which is why you need at least three weekends worth of data before you can get something more accurate. Four full weeks is even better.]
Estimate from current data: $181.7mil

Essentially the film has performed really well despite a poor opening. It'll still be the lowest total of phase two (and the only one not to break the $200mil domestic barrier) but it's week 5-8 performance has been superb. In the end, I think Disney will be happy with the outcome. They only put down $130mil for the budget and will have surpassed the debut films for Cap and Thor.

Marvel has announced that the sequel will be called "Ant-Man and the Wasp" and come out in 2018.

The announcement means a couple of Phase 3 movies will be moved around. Black Panther moves up to February 16, 2018 (previously July 2018) and Captain Marvel will now come out on March 8, 2019 (previously October 2018).

What's more, Marvel also used the announced to confirm three more as yet untitled films to be released on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020. Previously, Inhumans was the furthest out, slated for release in 2019.

Been waiting for this to come out so I can watch it. I like Paul Rudds comedy which is the main reason I'll be watching it. Had no idea The Hulk did that well though. Why the fuck wont they make a sequel for him?

Eh, it's cool they are coming out with a sequel.I'm just kinda disappointed that Black Panther and Captain Marvel is getting pushed back.

Eh, it's cool they are coming out with a sequel.I'm just kinda disappointed that Black Panther and Captain Marvel is getting pushed back.

Black Panther was July 2018 now it is February 2018. That is sooner, it will now be out 3 months before Infinity War instead of after. Captain Marvel was originally out in November not October. So it will move back 4 months just before Infinity War Pt 2. They probably did this so they can keep it to 3 movies a year.

May: Cap's Civil War
Nov: Doc Strange

May: GOTG Vol 2
July: Spectacular Spider-Man
Nov: Thor Ragnarok (Got some new ideas for that)

Feb: Black Panther (February is Black people movie month, smart move. Kevin Hart will probably be in this.)
May: Infinity War Pt 1
July: GiAnt-Man & The Wasp (Name change after he grows in Civil War)

March: Cap Marvel (Clearly they are giving Ronda some time)
May: Infinity War Pt 2
July: Inhumans

Ant-Man still has China to come out in next weekend.

Update: October 8, 2015

Watch How Marvel's ANT-MAN Should Have Ended

Black Panther was July 2018 now it is February 2018. That is sooner, it will now be out 3 months before Infinity War instead of after. Captain Marvel was originally out in November not October. So it will move back 4 months just before Infinity War Pt 2. They probably did this so they can keep it to 3 movies a year.

May: Cap's Civil War
Nov: Doc Strange

May: GOTG Vol 2
July: Spectacular Spider-Man
Nov: Thor Ragnarok (Got some new ideas for that)

Feb: Black Panther (February is Black people movie month, smart move. Kevin Hart will probably be in this.)
May: Infinity War Pt 1
July: GiAnt-Man & The Wasp (Name change after he grows in Civil War)

March: Cap Marvel (Clearly they are giving Ronda some time)
May: Infinity War Pt 2
July: Inhumans

Ant-Man still has China to come out in next weekend.

Ah, ok.I thought both were going to slide down.

I'm glad Black Panther is coming sooner.Figured so since they already casted him.
Makes sense for a slot down for Captain Marvel since they've yet to figure out how they want the character to be and haven't casted anyone yet.

Is Ant-man going to become a giant in Civil War? I'd be more excited for the sequel if he can become Giant-man.

Move Black Panther to Black History month. Marvel is low-key smart too.

Update: October 21, 2015

Peyton Reed Returning to Direct ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

Peyton-Reed-Ant-Man-and-Wasp-102115a-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel Studios is getting busy with its deal-making. Less than two weeks after dating a slew of movies including an Ant-Man sequel for 2018, the studio is in negotiations with Peyton Reed to return as director of Ant-Man and the Wasp.

It marks one of the first deals surrounding Marvel's recently dated movies. In addition to Ant-Man and the Wasp, those films include Black Panther -- which moved up from July 6, 2018, to a Feb. 16, 2018 -- and Captain Marvel, which was pushed out from Nov. 2, 2018, to March 8, 2019. The studio also scheduled three untitled movies for 2020.

It wasn't immediately clear that a sequel to the tentpole about the world's smallest hero, played by Paul Rudd, would be part of Phase 3, but the movie and the character proved quite popular. The character will be seen next in 2015's Captain America: Civil War. Disney will release the sequel on July 6, 2018.

Domestically, Ant-Man took in $178 million to become one of the top 10 movies of the year, and it also did solid business overseas. And, in a big heap of icing on the cake, Ant-Man made a huge showing in China over the weekend, earning $43.2 million for an updated worldwide total of $455 million.

Director Peyton Reed in Negotiations to Return for Ant-Man and the Wasp (Exclusive)

Loved this movie and thought it was a great time ! Will definately see the 2nd one

Did anyone else find the villain very comparable to the villian from the first Iron Man?

-both bald
-both work buddies
-both broke into homes
-both built a better machine to fight the original creator

Soooo many similarities here

Update: October 28, 2015

ANT-MAN Crosses $500 Million Worldwide Thanks to China

Ant-Man-Chinese-Banner-Dragonlord.jpg

Disney/Marvel’s incredibly shrinking superhero is getting a whole lot bigger. Off of a fantastic run in China where the cume is $86.4 million after 12 days, Ant-Man will pass the $500 million worldwide box office mark today. The total as of close of business yesterday were $179 million domestic and $319.5 million international for a global $498.5 million. Ant-Man is the fourth Disney release of 2015 to cross the $500 million mark in a record-setting year for the studio.

Helmed by Peyton Reed and starring Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly and Corey Stoll, Ant-Man has shown legs over its staggered release from summer through the fall, consistently hitting milestones. Earlier this month, Marvel made a sequel official with Ant-Man And The Wasp dated for July 6, 2018. Reed is in talks to return for it.

Ant-Man is the 7th consecutive and 9th overall Marvel Cinematic Universe film to reach the $500M threshold. The film debuted No. 1 in the U.S. with $57.2M on July 17. At its China opening, it was the 2nd biggest three-day weekend for a Disney or Marvel release in the territory. China is the film’s top foreign market, followed by the UK, Korea, Mexico and France.

Marvel's Ant-Man Crossing $500M Global Box Office As China Provides Extra Legs

word has it olivia wilde has her eyes set on captian marvel...

fingers crossed

Back