RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015: Day 1 PBP (Discussion) 1am EST

less than 12 hours to go! I know it's not what it used to be but I'm excited to watch a JMMA NYE show live for the first time.

So for the spike show Thursday morning they will have fedor and the best matches from the 29th and 31st?

The 29th card is not airing?

I am very excited.

What the hell with Colossus' weight? 291 looks like he went to the event without too much training

So for the spike show Thursday morning they will have fedor and the best matches from the 29th and 31st?

The 29th card is not airing?
Yes. The Saraba event (29th) is airing but you'll have to watch via one of the Russian streams.

What the hell with Colossus' weight? 291 looks like he went to the event without too much training

Yeah, he looks massive and very out of shape. He did say in an interview that he was only able to train for about two days for this fight because he was coming off that injury from the Lashley fight.

cool poster
Ya, the Japs were always #1 in MMA presentation. I would watch them for that reason alone. UFC is stale without big names. Pride had a way of making it all seem like such a big deal. Definitely how I would want to be presented if I were fighting.

Yeah, he looks massive and very out of shape. He did say in an interview that he was only able to train for about two days for this fight because he was coming off that injury from the Lashley fight.
I'm sure he's supplemented his training by watching plenty of DVDs. Should be fine.

I'm sure he's supplemented his training by watching plenty of DVDs. Should be fine.

1503385_10154219602434879_2861689270958117191_n.jpg

That would be awesome. I love MMA but pulling all nighters 2 nights in a row is a bit aggressive haha

Personally I enjoy it, brings me back to the days when I would stay up for those 10 hour Dream NYE shows.

Last edited:
Personally I enjoy, brings me back to the days when I would stay up for those 10 hour Dream NYE shows.

I remember staying up for Dynamite 2010 because it was being broadcast on HDNet but it was on at 2 in the morning, that was a brutal day afterwards but totally worth it. The Aoki/Jienotsu hilarious fight was alone worth staying up for it.

I remember staying up for Dynamite 2010 because it was being broadcast on HDNet but it was on at 2 in the morning, that was a brutal day afterwards but totally worth it. The Aoki/Jienotsu hilarious fight was alone worth staying up for it.

I watched one of those Dynamite shows when I was living with my grandparents. My grandpa use to stay up all night and he was very confused at the Japanese Pro Wrestling matches lol.

If I didn't have a job, I'd be down to pull an all nighter for it. Will be interestedto wake up and see how it all went down. But can't imagine a more somber ending, for the first show than Saku getting tapped out in a hurry by Aoki. Which is what I expect. Wish that fight wasn't happening.

Excited to read through what everyone on here says. Most the major MMA outlets don't seem to be giving this much attention.

I watched one of those Dynamite shows when I was living with my grandparents. My grandpa use to stay up all night and he was very confused at the Japanese Pro Wrestling matches lol.
Yeah they had some weird stuff on those DREAM cards. Do you remember the under-18 kickboxing matches? Those were crazy exciting and a bit weird, back in 08. Same card as Moose and Reem getting brutal K-1 knockouts, and the Hunt/Manhoef fight if I remember correctly.

If I didn't have a job, I'd be down to pull an all nighter for it. Will be interestedto wake up and see how it all went down. But can't imagine a more somber ending, for the first show than Saku getting tapped out in a hurry by Aoki. Which is what I expect. Wish that fight wasn't happening.

Excited to read through what everyone on here says. Most the major MMA outlets don't seem to be giving this much attention.

Not completely unreasonable to think Aoki gets finished somehow in devastation fashion, Aoki is good at failing to deliver when the spotlight is on him.

If I didn't have a job, I'd be down to pull an all nighter for it.
I got the days off from work and am going to make a good week out of it. Today's my last work day this week.

Yeah they had some weird stuff on those DREAM cards. Do you remember the under-18 kickboxing matches? Those were crazy exciting and a bit weird, back in 08. Same card as Moose and Reem getting brutal K-1 knockouts, and the Hunt/Manhoef fight if I remember correctly.

Yeah I think I recall that.

Aoki getting KO'd in a mixed rules fight against a cos-playing kickboxer is a highlight in my memory as well.

Dream had a lot of very fun moments, very underrated org imo.

Back