Bitcoin currency of the future?

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think bitcoin is taking off (virtual currency) worth over $400 and serves as a hedge against inflation and fiat currency. I got some for $100 and made a lot. The USA now recognizes it as a valid commodity. I can buy a coffee at a store with my bitcoin.

What do you think? Here look at the myths of Bitcoin, I don't trust currency that can be artificially printed:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths

Bitcoin is for betas that don't make real money. And I don't give a fuck about whatever nerd built some computer to mine the shit, so spare me the anecdotes.

Wampum is the currency of the future, IMO.

Last edited:
Bitcoin is for betas that don't make real money. And I don't give a fuck about whatever nerd built some computer to mine the shit, so spare me the anecdotes.

Unless people got in on it very early, the ROI on this shit is so bad. A lot of bros that became libertarians and thought this would somehow hurt the banks.

Oh, and people who do illegal shit on the internet.

Come, let us laugh together. Ahahahahaha!

I recommend that you sell all of your possessions, cash out all of your investments/accounts, and invest bit coins at the ground level.

Someone didn't read the bitcoin myths link I added in the original post.

If I believed that, then I would probably be one of those guys who takes the weekend to go to those retreats in the mountains where people pat each other on the back for their expression of freedom by buying pancakes with real gold or silver, and managing all additional trade through barter.

So....no.

I think it's only a matter of time before we get Bitcoin or some other crypto currency overtaking the current system

I think it's only a matter of time before we get Bitcoin or some other crypto currency overtaking the current system

Bingo.

• No Third-Party Seizure
Since there are multiple redundant copies of the transactions database, no one can seize bitcoins. The most someone can do is force the user, by other means, to send the bitcoins to someone else. This means that governments can’t freeze someone’s wealth, and thus users of Bitcoins will have complete freedom to do anything they want with their money.

• No Taxes
There is no way for a third party to intercept transactions of Bitcoins, and therefore there is no viable way to implement a Bitcoin taxation system. The only way to pay a tax would be, if someone voluntarily sends a percentage of the amount being sent as tax.

• No Tracking
Unless users publicize their wallet addresses publicly, no one can trace transactions back to them. No one, other than the wallet owners, will know how many Bitcoins they have. Even if the wallet address was publicized, a new wallet address can be easily generated. This greatly increases privacy when compared to traditional currency systems, where third parties potentially have access to personal financial data.

• No Transaction Costs
Sending and receiving Bitcoins requires users to keep the Bitcoin client running and connected to other nodes. Essentially, by using bitcoins users will be contributing to the network, and thus sharing the burden of authorizing transactions. Sharing this work greatly reduces transaction costs, and thus makes transaction costs negligible.

• No Risk of “Charge-backs”
Once Bitcoins are sent, the transaction cannot be reversed. Since the ownership address of Bitcoins will be changed to the new owner, once it is changed, it is impossible to revert. Since only the new owner has the associated private key, only he/she can change ownership of the coins. This ensures that there is no risk involved when receiving Bitcoins.

• Bitcoins Cannot be Stolen
Bitcoins’ ownership address can only be changed by the owner. No one can steal Bitcoins unless they have physical access to a user’s computer, and they send the bitcoins to their account. Unlike conventional currency systems, where only a few authentication details are required to gain access to finances, this system requires physical access, which makes it much harder to steal.

Most importantly no artificial devaluation because of overprinting.

It has the *potential* to be a mainstream currency. It has all the right stuff. (durability, portability, divisibility, uniformity, limited supply) The only thing it's missing is acceptability.

It would certainly be better than the currency system of essentially unlimited supply.

But as of right now, all it is is a risky investment. I made good money on the initial bitcoin craze (when it went from $100 to $1000 in like a couple of weeks) but haven't touched it since.

Sounds great.

Whatever's left over after I buy my South Dakota bomb shelter, truck full of guns, and gold coins will go straight into bitcoin!

That is very cool. I own gold so I will look into that. Can you buy stuff with it?

Its good to diversify!

You can transfer funds from you stored-vaulted gold into a pre-paid mastercard in like 5 minutes. You can also redeem what you purchased in 10 gram gold cubes which is pretty damn cool!

I've used the card and got 2 cubes so far. Seems legit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back