Saudi Arabia V. Iran

TrippleOG

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't help thinking that the execution of Al Nimr was a mistake.

They didn't have to do it. They really didn't.

In the first place there's a significant minority of Shia throughout the Arabian peninsula, and they're even the majority in some of the Gulf States that are ruled by Sunni royalty.

They've been agitating for civil rights for ages, now.

In addition to being a prominent Shia cleric, Al Nimr was also an agitator during the outbreak of the Arab Spring.

scared.gif

The Saudis fucked up but they're in America's pocket so I don't think they'll be too worried. I think this could influence Iran to begin officially supporting the Houthi in Yemen though, the Houthi have shown the ability to defeat Saudi troops in combat and with more supplies they could be a huge head ache for the Saudis.

The Saudis fucked up but they have America in their pocket and aren't stupid enough to start shit with Israel so I don't think they'll be too worried. I think this could influence Iran to begin officially supporting the Houthi in Yemen though, the Houthi have shown the ability to defeat Saudi troops in combat and with more supplies they could be a huge head ache for the Saudis.

fyp ;) fk the petro dollar

On another note, it might be a good thing the sunni and shia hate each other over a dumb succession dispute. The Muslim world would represent a much bigger threat/force if they were a united front. Let the backward retards waste their energy fighting each other. On the other hand maybe bridging the divide would bring stability and more cooperation with the west. But their religious beliefs are in opposition with many fundamental western rights, probably not worth the risk, I prefer them weak, scattered and unstable. I don't know it for a fact but I suspect the US pentagon has a "divide and conquer" strategy to deal with the middle-east, which would explain a hell of a lot of things.

lol good let them kill each other, but not on american money or lives

The Saudis fucked up

They've done this on purpose to generate a reaction.

Funny how they do it just as 'implementation day' [of the Iran deal] is just about to kick in. This is Saudi throwing their toys out of the pram. At the moment they've got the reverse midas touch, and everything they touch turns to shit.

I think most of the world see the execution for what it is. Iran just needs to be careful and not go overboard.

as much as Iran does nutty things, they are worlds above the Saudis is terms of not being douchebags to everyone. God, how I despise SA

I just hope Iran maintains their cool, and we can get these sanction gone, and maybe get on decent terms with them. Not gonna hold my breath though.

Iran should ban the death penalty for drug offences [it would reduce executions by over 50%]. Now that would be the clever thing to do. It would make Iran look magnanimous, and make the Saudi's look even worse. If they were truly intelligent they'd do it say 3 - 4 weeks after a prison swap with the US regarding Jason Rezaiin and co to keep the goodwill flowing.

Who the fuck cares.

Honestly. Why does anyone even give a shit about either of these shit holes

Who the fuck cares.

Honestly. Why does anyone even give a shit about either of these shit holes
Iran is far from a shit hole, and Persians generally are less religiously batshit crazy as the Saudi Arabs.

What I don't understand is why Saudi Arabia would execute the guy when tensions are brewing in the Eastern provinces. Stirring up trouble in your own oil production heartland is about the stupidest thing you can do, not that snackbars are known for their intelligence.

Iran is far from a shit hole, and Persians generally are less religiously batshit crazy as the Saudi Arabs.

What I don't understand is why Saudi Arabia would execute the guy when tensions are brewing in the Eastern provinces. Stirring up trouble in your own oil production heartland is about the stupidest thing you can do, not that snackbars are known for their intelligence.

Listen man I get all that you're saying but honestly who the fuck cares.

I think everyone here in the states has had their fill of the Middle East.

We're going on 10+ years of this being the main topic of the country.

I think people are exhausted from it and just don't give a damn about it anymore.

The area is fucking exhausting. The people there are exhausting and draining. I just don't care what happens there any longer.

Iran white knights were revealed ITT.

who would have thought...

Lmao

If they do end up fighting, we ought to just stay out of it at first. All the radicals, and conservatives from both sides will fight and die. Leaving only the liberal pansies. Yes even societies like Iran and SA have liberal pansies. You dont hear them because they are pansies. It will then be even easier for us to swoop in and westernize them.

I want to say, "Go Iran!", because Iran is not a complete totalitarian shithole (ok, close to it, but not as far gone as Saudi Arabia).

Then I think about how they tried (and are probably still trying) to get a nuke, and I just can't support that. The consequences would be a nuclear arms race in the Middle East, which puts the entire world on edge.

If they do end up fighting, we ought to just stay out of it at first. All the radicals, and conservatives from both sides will fight and die. Leaving only the liberal pansies. Yes even societies like Iran and SA have liberal pansies. You dont hear them because they are pansies. It will then be even easier for us to swoop in and westernize them.
This guy is a liberal in SA:

Another liberal:

The Middle East needs more liberalism (at least the classic liberalism, not the intersectional shit gripping the left in the west).

I think Iran is the lesser of two evils

For anyone that isn't aware this plays perfectly into the current US strategy in the region. Turkey and Israel are making up now also. Everything is slowly falling into place. Arab, Turk, Jew, and Persian will soon share responsibility for security of the region. Each keeping the other in check. The US selling arms to all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back