The Con is on

Why the fuck does a worthless french Canadian care about our elections?
Caring is one thing , our two countries are intertwined in a myriad of ways so many Canadians follow US politics quite closely, its how emotionally invested he is that is odd

Caring is one thing , our two countries are intertwined in a myriad of ways so many Canadians follow US politics quite closely, its how emotionally invested he is that is odd
His sex fetishes are what's odd.

That guy is Matt Taiibi? He looks like a balding Jack Black. LOLZ, Im never gonna take any of his articles seriously now.

I believe Trump is the only person who wants to get rid of common core and localize education.

Just about every politician agrees that a certain level of regional and local administrative responsibility is necessary.

As far as completely "localizing" education, that is fucking absurd. Do we really want kids in Texas and Alabama learning that slaves were mere workers, that Moses was a founding father, and that Charles Darwin was a blasphemer?

Just about every politician agrees that a certain level of regional and local administrative responsibility is necessary.

As far as completely "localizing" education, that is fucking absurd. Do we really want kids in Texas and Alabama learning that slaves were mere workers, that Moses was a founding father, and that Charles Darwin was a blasphemer?

That isn't a good argument to me. In Norway, teachers set there own curriculum, and they do really well in their results.

Decentralizing education would be a good thing.

That isn't a good argument to me. In Norway, teachers set there own curriculum, and they do really well in their results.

Norway is small as fuck though. With country that spans thousands of miles, you're bound to have regional differences. The guy you quoted wasn't joking that some nut jobs in Texas and other southern states would use that to completely bastardize education.

As to Trump, and this piece. Taiibi is right. This has become a big reality TV show, and a game of identity politics.

What I wish the piece did a better job of was pointing out that the failure is not Trump's, but the media's.

The fact that Trump can do what he is doing right now. That you can run without answering real questions, or that your media persona is who you are in the eyes of the public, is a systemic problem.

When getting the government out of education you will certainly face the problem of having bad schools. This is worth it because decentralizing education allows for more educational diversity, creativity and it prevents what we have happening now where you have insane educational theorists pushing silly educational trends and damaging an entire country worth of students. I'll take a few bad schools over allowing the government to ruin every school.

Norway is small as fuck though. With country that spans thousands of miles, you're bound to have regional differences. The guy you quoted wasn't joking that some nut jobs in Texas and other southern states would use that to completely bastardize education.

And what if they did?

What would be the disaster to society, in a town having control over it's own affairs??

What if with the teaching of non-sense , it empowered a community to become involved in the education process, and have ownership over their kids education.

That's not an argument at all, as it is false and you are seemingly very misinformed on Norweigan education.

No, teachers in Norway are not given full autonomy and discretion in regard to what they teach. There has to be some larger level oversight and completely decentralizing to where a school, let alone an instructor, has complete discretion without any accountability for conforming to regional, national, or global standards is brainless.

From the Norway Dept of Education

The Norwegian Parliament (the Storting) and the Government define the goals and decide the framework for the education sector. The Ministry of Education and Research is responsible for carrying out national educational policy. National standards are ensured through legislation, regulations, curricula and framework plans

[...]

County Governors act as links between the Ministry of Education and Research and the kindergarten sector. The County Governors implement kindergarten policy through development work, administrative tasks, supervision and guidance for municipalities.
http://www.udir.no/Upload/Brosjyrer/5/Education_in_Norway.pdf?epslanguage=no

I'm all for modeling ourselves over most standards in the Nordic model, but we must first understand them and not just say "I think X is good, so let me baldly claim that X is done in Norway."

When getting the government out of education you will certainly face the problem of having bad schools. This is worth it because decentralizing education allows for more educational diversity, creativity and it prevents what we have happening now where you have insane educational theorists pushing silly educational trends and damaging an entire country worth of students. I'll take a few bad schools over allowing the government to ruin every school.

Your unfounded assumption that the majority of schools will excel without oversight is just that: unfounded. If you can point to programs which do not regulate what a school much teach or standards which students must adhere to, I'll gladly hear them.

Until then, you're proffering silly talking points that are illogical and dangerous.[/quote]

Agreed, we have schools teaching kids to be 1950's factory workers. We have to give the power to someone to update the curriculum. I don't see anyone lining up for the job.

That's not an argument at all, as it is false and you are seemingly very misinformed on Norweigan education.

No, teachers in Norway are not given full autonomy and discretion in regard to what they teach. There has to be some larger level oversight and completely decentralizing to where a school, let alone an instructor, has complete discretion without any accountability for conforming to regional, national, or global standards is brainless.

I'm all for modeling ourselves over most standards in the Nordic model, but we must first understand them and not just say "I think X is good, so let me baldly claim that X is done in Norway."

Your unfounded assumption that the majority of schools will excel without oversight is just that: unfounded. If you can point to programs which do not regulate what a school much teach or standards which students must adhere to, I'll gladly hear them.

Until then, you're proffering silly talking points that are illogical and dangerous.
[/QUOTE]

You maybe right. I was basing my opinion here on articles I had read painting a picture of no testing, and teachers being free to set their own class material.

My point here is more towards the idea that what we are teaching our kids, and how we are teaching our kids needs to change. Creating 10,000's of experiments, and seeing what works and what doesn't, has risk, but so does the status quo.

And what if they did?

What would be the disaster to society, in a town having control over it's own affairs??

What if with the teaching of non-sense , it empowered a community to become involved in the education process, and have ownership over their kids education.

I think a problem would arise when there is no semblance of uniformity.

Until then, you're proffering silly talking points that are illogical and dangerous.
[/QUOTE]

Unfounded? America is founded on local education.

The United States was founded, formed and grew to international prominence and prestige without compulsory schoolingand with virtually no government involvement in schooling. Before the advent of government-controlled schools, literacy was high (91-97% in the North, 81% in the South), private and community schools proliferated, and people cared about education and acted on their desire to learn and have their children learn.

Early America was arguably the freest civil society that has ever existed. This freedom extended to education, which meant that parents were responsible for, and had complete control of, their children's schooling. There were no accrediting agencies, no regulatory boards, and no teacher certification requirements. Parents could choose whatever kind of school or education they wanted for their children, and no one was forced to pay for education they did not use or approve of.

Source:

How Did Government Get So Involved in Education?

What are my sex fetishes? What is so wrong with banging babes buttholes?
you've fallen for their agenda, making the perverted seem normal

Agreed, we have schools teaching kids to be 1950's factory workers. We have to give the power to someone to update the curriculum. I don't see anyone lining up for the job.

That's fair enough. Personally, I think school curriculum are terrible as is. They should be teaching kids how to be successful in the real world, instead of how to pass crappy tests. More emphasis on trades perhaps?

Back