Best/Worst refs? Reasons? (GIFs of terrible reffing welcome)

pfft khabib tavares stoppage was a little late but ive seen way worse

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

Who was this guy? Just turrible.

Yeah, his past shit was shady and bad, but he's come along way, imo, and has transformed himself into one of the better refs out there. All what you have mentioned happened years ago, and I was huge believer that he should have been banned from refereeing, and just stick to judging. I thought he could get someone killed in there, but he's a much better referee nowadays.

Him rarely reffing fights in the UFC anymore has a lot to do with it. If he did you'd see his supreme incompetence showcased a lot more often. He's horrific.

Congrats to him doing 3 Bellator fights recently and not having either fighter get brain damage, though. It's definitely improvement.

I like herb dean,he makes mistakes(all refs do),but he has the balls to make the unpopular correct decisions and dont give a shit what anyone else thinks about it

Winslow is the WORST. I refuse to even entertain any other names for consideration.

Big John for best and the worst is mazzagati !

jon_jones_matt_hamill.JPG

Jon only loss ! no warning nothing ! ;)

Best: Big John without question
Worst: Herb Dean not that Mazagatti hasn't been seen in a while.

people just like rosenthal cos he doesnt have as much nuthuggers as everyone else so they think their being 3edgy5me by picking him,esp since he was away for so long.

Big John for best and the worst is mazzagati !

jon_jones_matt_hamill.JPG

Jon only loss ! no warning nothing ! ;)

I actually don't feel bad about Jon's lost in that one. Considering how many eye pokes he gets every single fight ... he should have more DQs in his record.

TJ-Dillashaw/ John Dodson stoppage

1.gif

terrible

cost TJ the TUF final his other two losses are both splits as well so he was pretty close to still being an undefeated champ. I don't recall how close the Asucao fight was but in honestly Cruz won for sure so there's that.. but splits always bother me

Right at the beginning he's standing so far away, what in the actual fuck?

I remember watching this right after the event, but never realized he was standing that far away.
He always did this. Does he still ref? I certainly hope not.

As soon as any fight would start he would literally try to get as far away from the action as possible and remain far away at all times. I'm sure he knew that he wouldn't be able to get his fat ass out of the way in time if he was close and they started moving his way.

There are worse individual moments, such as the idiot refs who have stood there and not stopped fights with an unconscious guy laying on the mat, but Peoples was consistently the worse ref by far.

I think Keith Peterson is underrated. Has a few fails here and there but is normal.

Worst is Mazzagatti, but I have to admit, they way he chilled in Thomson vs Edwards while Yves plays basketball with Thomson's head was fucking hilarious and gets me everytime.

Oh and Philippe Chartier gets a few minus points for tapping vs Zombie Stout.

Last edited:

Biggest takeaway is when Big Jon says Robbie lands "Thudding Shots".

This is a big dude, whose been w/ mma since forever, over 20years, he's seen it all and says that Robbie lands "thudding shots".

How is Rory alive!!!

here is close up audio of condit v. lawler and those "thudding shots"

Just look at Jones face, he can psychically feel the pain!

The safe bet would be bjm, he is probably the best I think, least of the high profile refs.

I have josh Rosenthal as a close second though, reffed 99% perfectly and if not for Munoz getting punched two times to much it would be perfect. I don't think the stoppage was that bad actually it just looked bad because Munoz was bleeding and reacted weirdly.

It reminds me of the rumble Gus stoppqge with Gus's head snapping two times it looked bad and imagine if he would have been pooring blood. So I think it mostly looked worse than it was, but it was bad

I think herb dean used to be good but the last two three years he has been consistently one if not the worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back