• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are your most emotionally devestating moments as a fan?

Sherm

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm talking about those indelible moments where bad shit happens to one of your favorite fighters, leaving a scar on your psyche.

Top 3 for me:

1. Anderson's head bouncing off the canvas against Weidman.
2. Machida's head bouncing off the canvas against Shogun.
3. Machida getting choked out in a standing guillotine by Jones, then dropped to floor like a sack of potatoes, with his eyes still open.

Honorable mention:

- Ronda KTFO by headkick
- Schaub getting beaten retarded by Travis Browne as he flailed around incompetently on the ground
- Junior getting TKO'd by hitting his head on the ground in the third Cain fight then kneeling there with blood all over his head.

The Ronda fight was probably the second biggest mind fuck after the Anderson KO, but it didn't scar me as much emotionally because she sort of had it coming (even though I was and am still a fan).

Penn vs Hughes 2
Fedor vs Werdum
Machida vs Shogun 2

Everytime Cro Cop stepped in the octagon.

His body language and stiffness was hard to watch. And when he lost it was usually by brutal KO.

Schaub KOing Mirko was the worst because it was Schaub who did it. Watching Big Nog finish Schaub calms me.

OSP getting a fight vs. JJ

Bisping Being announced as the winner vs Silva I was actually in tears because I was convinced he was gonna get robbed. I just was so happy for him.

Machida being dumped like a sack of shit was emotional for me as well.

Watching Mayhem degenerate into a full blown lunatic really made me sad as well.

Mir taking Nogs Arm nearly broke me as a fan of both Mir and Nog.

Not gonna lie, conors loss hurt

Watching Condit writhing on the ground after he collapsed due to a knee injury against Woodley.

Watching Condit get screwed when he beat Lawler.

First time I watched the Randleplex after Randleman's death was announced.

Watching Condit writhing on the ground after he collapsed due to a knee injury against Woodley.

First time I watched the Randleplex after Randleman's death was announced.

Wow man all three hit me right in the feels you prick.

Jones vs Gus was a weird crazy unexpected emotional fight

Fedor vs Werdum
Mir vs Nog 2
Shogun vs Chael

Not gonna lie, conors loss hurt

Naw was a good loss it isn't like nate is some unknown scrub.

When a fav foghter loses I don't get to worked up unless it was a clear robbery or it comes out the winner was on PEDS TRT etc.

Losing is part of the sport.

Wow man all three hit me right in the feels you prick.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry, if you get what I mean. Just typing that out made me feel a little sullen, but it's a catharsis to talk it out with my Sherbro's.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry, if you get what I mean. Just typing that out made me feel a little sullen, but it's a catharsis to talk it out with my Sherbro's.

All good hahahaha yeah Condit vs Lawler hurt. As I said felt it was a clear robbery.

The Randleman one was ouch.

This is honorable mention also: BJ Penn's pathetic comeback fight against Edgar at 145, using his bizarre upright horse prancing stance, then in the postfight being like "I don't know what I was thinking trying to compete against guys like Frankie".

The whole Ronda hype train. Being told time after time that she would be all these male fighters. That was the most emotionally trying and frustrating time of my mma fandom.

Yeah thats the most I have been upset with a wrong decision of the idiot judges

Back