Cannibalism, mutually agreed

JDragon

Lawn and Order!
@Gold
Reaction score
We have a pretty crazy court case in Germany right now, may seem familiar. Here it goes.

Businessman in his mid-40s wants to die (has for years already) and is looking online for someone to slaughter him. This is well documented and established by witnesses.

Cop has fantasy of cutting body into pieces (not eating, thus not sure whether it is Cannibalism).

They match up perfectly. The deed gets done. Forensic experts are unable to determine the exact cause of death - defense says it was suicide, prosecution and judges believe it was murder.

Sentence: guilty of murder, but only 8.5 years in jail (which is actually contrary to the book as murder = life with possibility of parole is mandatory in Germany).

What say you, Sherdog? Is justice happening here?

Edit: english link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32146031

Edit: not all body parts were found, so it is a possibility he did eat some after all

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Cannibal fetish website with 3000 members. Refers to itself as "#1 source for exotic meat"

Investigation says they could not find some body parts -- So I'm going out on a limb (pun somewhat intended) and saying he probably ate some of the guy.

I am pretty big believer in people having the right to do what they want as long as there is consent, but i am going to have to side with the courts on this. Way too slippery of a slope if they set a precedence that you can legally kill and eat another human being, if said human being is suicidal and into that.

Cannibal fetish website with 3000 members. Refers to itself as "#1 source for exotic meat"

Investigation says they could not find some body parts -- So I'm going out on a limb (pun somewhat intended) and saying he probably ate some of the guy.

I am pretty big believer in people having the right to do what they want as long as there is consent, but i am going to have to side with the courts on this. Way too slippery of a slope if they set a precedence that you can legally kill and eat another human being, if said human being is suicidal and into that.

The question imo is though whether we need to view it through a murder lense or more through an assisted suicide lense.

this is a pretty weird case man.

Not sure if ts knows what cannibalism is.

Not sure if ts knows what cannibalism is.

1) Media called it a cannibalism or 'cannibalism' case, so I kinda went with the flow.

2) As mentioned above, some body parts are missing. So while they cannot prove he ate them, it is a possibility.

1) Media called it a cannibalism or 'cannibalism' case, so I kinda went with the flow.

2) As mentioned above, some body parts are missing. So while they cannot prove he ate them, it is a possibility.
Oh I missed that part plus I'm really drunk. Thanks JDragon you are a good poster.

The question imo is though whether we need to view it through a murder lense or more through an assisted suicide lense.
While I'm completely for assisted suicide for people dealing with terminal illnesses or extreme pain for life: I feel that it should only be done by a professionally licensed doctor in a professional setting and manner -- could include in home.

I don't agree with a non MD doing it in his S&M room, with a power saw, while making a macabre snuff film -- as was the case in this incident.

I guess I'm just a fuddy duddy prude with things like consensual, cannibal-massacre-murder fetishes

Last edited:
I would eat the hot dogs…. Just putting it out there.

It was a assisted-suicide
Case solved
Prepare to pay my legal fees mofs

I don't know, Was the victim mentally I'll? Regardless of the length of time they spoke about this and regardless of the contract signed if this individual was in a vunerable position mentally then it would be murder.

Also how was he killed? There are laws with regard to how you can kill livestock were these adhered to?

Assisted suicide is a very touchy subject that has graced the courts in European country's a lot lately but I'd be very uncomfortable advocating assisted suicide taking place in some grotty bnb with a rusty knife where the patient is then eaten.

Also how was he killed? There are laws with regard to how you can kill livestock were these adhered to?

Not sure how that matters?

Assisted suicide is a very touchy subject that has graced the courts in European country's a lot lately but I'd be very uncomfortable advocating assisted suicide taking place in some grotty bnb with a rusty knife where the patient is then eaten.

I doubt anyone is advocating anything. The question is more about whether the fact that there was agreement should influence the length of the sentence and whether it is actually murder (or not something less).

If someone wanted to eat me and I wanted to die, I think this would be a pretty good arrangement. I wouldn't want him to waste anything, though... I mean, if only a few parts were missing that's a lot of wasted meat.
Cut me up and store me so you've got a decent supply and don't have to go trawling for hobos the next time you get a hankering for a prime slice of white meat.
Hell, if it's an amicable arrangement, I might even fatten up for a few months in preparation.

I wouldn't want the guy to get arrested.

ETA: On second thought, the guy needs to receive at least some punishment so as not to encourage future gourmets from skirting around the issue of consent.
He's in his fifties, though, and 8 years seems a little harsh.

Not sure how that matters?

I doubt anyone is advocating anything. The question is more about whether the fact that there was agreement should influence the length of the sentence and whether it is actually murder (or not something less).

I think how it was done matters, was it done in a humane way? I mean if you'd get in trouble for killing a cow in this manner it's only logical to have some kind of sanction in this case.

In terms of the sentence I don't know but my gut says the circumstances surrounding this murder should
Influence the sentence. Again if this person was of sound mind (I doubt he was) when he agreed to this perhaps there could be a argument against a whole life sentence.

As prince of pains said, that's a lot of wasted meat. Would that fact he didn't eat a lot of him be a breach of contract?

I would eat the hot dogs…. Just putting it out there.

Here's a hot dog for you
Mao's male genitals (penis, testicles, and scrotum) as a ¥100,000 meal. The illustrator even offered to cook them.
Sugiyama is not a real chef—and admitted as much—but was offering a real plate of penis. The 22 year-old Sugiyama is also not man or a woman; the illustrator is asexual (what is sometimes called a "smoothie") and prefers notto be called "he" or "she".
Five diners (the sixth one didn't show) paid the equivalent of US$250 to dine on his bait and tackle, signing a waiver to release Sugiyama and the event organizers of responsibility.
http://kotaku.com/5913257/chef-cooks-penis-serves-it-up-for-dinner-in-tokyo

Back