Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: July 26, 2016

WWE Superstar Edge Joins the Cast of VIKINGS Season 5

Adam-Copeland-072616-Dragonlord.jpg

Adam Copeland, former WWE Superstar Edge, is set for a recurring role in the upcoming fifth season of the hit History drama series Vikings.

Copeland will play Ketill Flatnose, a fierce and brave warrior, chosen by Floki to be one of the leaders of the Viking party intent on traveling to Iceland to set up a community there. He joins Jonathan Rhys Meyers who was previously announced as joining the Season 5 cast.

Copeland previously recurred on Syfy’s Haven and next will be seen in WWE’s action-thriller Interrogation.

WWE Star Edge Joins ‘Vikings’ Season 5 In Recurring Role

Update: July 22, 2016

Comic-Con Trailer for Second Half of VIKINGS Season 4

Update: April 26, 2016

New Promo for VIKINGS Mid-Season 4 Premiere

Update: March 17, 2016

VIKINGS Renewed for Season 5, Jonathan Rhys Meyers Joins Cast

Jonathan-Rhys-Meyers-031716-Dragonlord.jpg

The Vikings will fight for another season. History has renewed the Michael Hurst-created drama for a fifth season, the cable network announced Thursday. Additionally, Jonathan Rhys Meyers has joined the cast of the historical drama as a series regular. The 20-episode super-sized season will air in 2017. That episode count matches the current fifth season order.

This season, Vikings has remained a top 10 cable drama series. It's the top telecast on Thursdays in all key demographics when factoring in three days of DVR with an average of 4.2 million total viewers, 2.1 million adults 25-54 and 1.9 million among adults under 50.

Details on who Rhys Meyers will portray on the series are being kept under wraps. The Golden Globe-winning actor's credits include The Tudors and NBC's Dracula.

'Vikings' Renewed for Fifth Season at History; Jonathan Rhys Meyers Joins Cast as Series Regular

Link to previous thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/v...nathan-rhys-meyers-joins-cast.2943017/page-51

Last edited:
For those that want their Vikings fix while the show is on a break, I will again suggest you try THE LAST KINGDOM.

It's a really good show and will remind you how good Vikings was during the first two seasons.

Last edited:
BTW, so we don't even have a premiere date for S4 Part 2?

I didn't even know until today that all of S4 wasn't going to air together.

Anyone else kind of surprised the History Channel hasn't tried to recreate their success with another show?

I don't think they've even done a mini-series for a while now.

I checked but they haven't released the return date except that it will return in the Fall.

I checked but they haven't released the return date except that it will return in the Fall.

That's weird. You'd think they'd have had this all worked out in the beginning and would be very clear about how this split season is going to work. Because I imagine that a lot of people are confused as fuck.

Anyone else kind of surprised the History Channel hasn't tried to recreate their success with another show?

They have one coming in May - the Roots miniseries.

First Intense Trailer for History's ROOTS Miniseries

Watch the first official trailer for HISTORY's Roots, premiering Monday, May 30.

So they split s4 into two halves? I just watched s4e10 last night and Direct TV had it listed as 'season finale'

Great show btw, haven't posted in one of these threads yet. Been watching since the start of S1.

edit - nvm saw the video in the first post.

What topic can they do?
PIrates, nope Starz has that.

Maybe Rennaissance Italy, nope there is already a show about them popes, and Leonardo,

Rome has been done to death. There is an East Asian show on Netflix already.

Railroads check, cowboys have been done,

I dont think there is a history topic left. Islam will not draw viewers unless in arab countries, but they may go to war if dont like the content. Hinduism, nah, Latin American Colonization, only in Latin america will they watch.

Maybe Napoleonic era. But what person, and or what group will they focus that has international appeal?

Another season of 20 after this one? In surprised there's that much more story to tell. Ragnar and Athelstan are the only complicated characters of the series, and Ragnar should be about done.

Interesting to see who will take over the plotting and planning.

Another season of 20 after this one? In surprised there's that much more story to tell. Ragnar and Athelstan are the only complicated characters of the series, and Ragnar should be about done.

Interesting to see who will take over the plotting and planning.

This could go on for a while actually, even after Ragnar is gone. I do think I know how the series will end, though. Just read up on Ragnar and his sons. The exploits of Bjorn are very well documented.

This could go on for a while actually, even after Ragnar is gone. I do think I know how the series will end, though. Just read up on Ragnar and his sons. The exploits of Bjorn are very well documented.

Granted, but 30 episodes is a lot.

Im wondering if they will actually follow history faithfully. If they do then King Alla will kill Ragnar and his sons will exact revenge.

Filming dates are pending on time estimates for the props department to make the parchment of Judith's scrolls age appropriately over the time jumps.

If this show can do 20, why cant Game of Thrones do this? That way they can actually follow the books more closely, and not be the clusterfuck it is.

For those that want their Vikings fix while the show is on a break, I will again suggest you try THE LAST KINGDOM.

It's a really good show and will remind you how good Vikings was during the first two seasons.

When is this coming back on?

Ivar was perfect. He's got this creepy menacing feel to him that will make his ambitious rise more compelling. Its not easy to make a cripple look badass.

Back