The War Room Apology Thread

Funny, I think of you as maybe the most belligerent. No offense. Maybe Ultra. I don't think I've ever seen that guy *not* be belligerent.
I don't think Cubo is the most belligerent. His posts often come off somewhat passive-aggressive and "just asking questions". In actuality I think he is just asking questions and we're too jaded by the internet. That leads to escalation, which leads to belligerence.

His parroting of Greoric's idiocy regarding you is sad though.

I am an asshole I know this much is true. I adhere to a different ideological outlook to the world at large then probably everyone but one or two people in the War Room. As such I don't regret anything I say as I meant it when it was said.

You can hate it or love it but people with my outlook are your true masters of the universe and those who shape the world at large. To hell with all of you overly serious pricks who think you got sh#t figured out. LMAO! You post on an mmaforum and think to know the future or have it planned?

Anything can happen!

I don't think Cubo is the most belligerent. His posts often come off somewhat passive-aggressive and "just asking questions". In actuality I think he is just asking questions and we're too jaded by the internet. That leads to escalation, which leads to belligerence.

Ouch. Just when I thought we were becoming best buds.

I don't think you're that bad if at all @In The Name Of

We obviously have serious disagreements and I find some of the things you've said deplorable but I never felt like you were being dishonest or a jerk. If anything I'm usually the cheeky bastard but I think I'm well within the War Room limits when I am.

I've been a dick to @Atheist lately but in my defense at least I don't take the low hanging fruit and bring up his personal life like everyone else does, I shit on him for his posting. He's a good guy though, I just don't always have patience for his trolling.

I think for me I mostly do phone posting so I find it difficult to engage adequately in conversation. Overall I find that you're one of the more even-keeled poster so I'd encourage you to keep that quality up if possible.

Regarding yours and my interactions, recently I think they took a down-turn when talking about minarets. I believe with your background there's a soft-spot for the sound - like a warmth of community/home. How I see it, what would be a majority population level in say a radius of a mile or two of the minaret to have lives interrupted at all times of the day with something that only a segment agree with? 50%? 80%? 90%? IMO it lieterally would have to be at about %100 for this to be an acceptable thing. It's literally interrupting the lives/sleep of those who aren't Muslim and is a form of submitting the populace to Islam. But I don't want to go into a long rabbit-trail about that. I just want to mention why I responded fairly sharply about that issue as I see it being a legit problem world-wide if you aren't a Muslim (which, again, I have %100 disagreement with the religion's validity as a whole).

Also, regarding Islam, there is an emotional aspect that I rarely if ever talk about but it's important to understand (and so I'll feebly attempt this while it's on my mind). Perhaps some of the dearest memories of my life have to do with beach-life, water-life, ocean-life. To me "America" is most embodied by California. It would almost be death to me to envision a future where even the slightest threat to beach-life (swimming, surfing, paddle-boarding, boating, kayaking, sail-boarding etc.) enters into our Western experience. Oh I know some Muslims are fishermen and there's a history of the seas. But it's not a gross exaggeration to say that most Middle-Eastern men and women don't swim much (or at all even) and there's even a dark mysticism about the ocean with many (I've heard it first-hand on more than one occasion). Further than that, obviously, is the scantily-clad state of beach-goers. To me it's not about going to the beach to ogle the ladies. It's the whole care-free, ocean/lake appreciation that is all-encompassing and relaxing on many levels. And it's so different in the Islamic world than The Western world. It's one of the BIG reasons Islamic countries aren't tourist destinations for non-Muslims. I grew up in a really strict Christian background and yet we'd have church picnics at the lake and many would go swimming in bathing suits (not bikinis so much). I'm kind of rambling, but I don't think the average Muslim even gets this aspect on any level. It's like insult to injury. Anyway, that last digression was for free. And away from theology talk it is a huge issue for me (though not central as I'd give it all up for truth - or so I would hope).

Man, I can't think of anyone that I've been an asshole to, if we're looking to apologize. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm open. Sometimes people don't get my sense of humor (which isn't an excuse--but could lead to a genuine misunderstanding at times--if that happens, I'd apologize but I might miss it).
You're not a belligerent guy, just mildly smug and condescending sometimes when you disagree with people.

Far from the worst offender in terms of the asshole rankings here
The two being his shit posting and his personal life, they seem conjoined to me. He'd be a fairly standard idiot if it weren't for his personal life. With those together he's a very special idiot.
I wouldn't want it done to me so I don't do it to him.

I love me some Cubo. To me he comes off as someone with a bunch of life experiences who isn't going to be easily fooled by some peeps seemingly true arguments which leads to a lot of (IMO) good questions.

Ouch. Just when I thought we were becoming best buds.
I'm generally pretty dismissive of most of your posts, doesn't mean we can't be friendly.

Great thread..

@glennrod , I'm sorry for all the hateful shit I've said to you.

@TheComebackKid , sorry for giving you shit along time ago and calling you "snowflake" and breaking your balls about nephilim.

@Strychnine , apologies for my hateful comments about blm and race relations in general.

@ripskater , you're a phenomenal troll...
Sometimes I should let you be.

@DeJulez , I can't begin to count how many times we had it out in the boxing forum,

There are many others...
I apologize to you all

You're feeling empathy towards some posters that do not feel the slightest remorse for slighting you. If you've noticed, some posters on here play that card heavily. They'll give you the snide back hand, and then feign outrage and play the victim if you return with the fist. They are the definition of a sociopath.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm all about forgiveness, but only when it can be requited. If not, fuck 'em.

lol this.

Great thread..

@glennrod , I'm sorry for all the hateful shit I've said to you.

@TheComebackKid , sorry for giving you shit along time ago and calling you "snowflake" and breaking your balls about nephilim.

@Strychnine , apologies for my hateful comments about blm and race relations in general.

@ripskater , you're a phenomenal troll...
Sometimes I should let you be.

@DeJulez , I can't begin to count how many times we had it out in the boxing forum,

There are many others...
I apologize to you all

Apology accepted. If I ever tweaked you wrong, I sincerely apologize also.

I'm generally pretty dismissive of most of your posts, doesn't mean we can't be friendly.

Yeah, I've come to accept that I'm not going to even plant a seed for anyone here, much less change their mind. This kind of discourse is a breeding ground for group polarization. It pushes the "right" to lean more right, and the "left" to lean more left.

I only know of one poster that has had their mind significantly changed on here. Though I only just started to get on here more frequently as of late.

I apologize for nothing! Come at me cucks!

Funny, I think of you as maybe the most belligerent.

That is funny. Can't imagine your criteria if I'm beating out dudes like sloppy and @SMEAC (who I totally enjoy by the way).

I think he's toned it down a bit lately in fear of getting banned again.

There does seem to be an unfortunate amount of attempts at substance lately.

Thanks.

What Greoric idiocy do I parrot? In my mind I formed my own opinion on Jack's posting style. Sure, I oftentimes give likes to posts that make fun of him or take him to task. Outside of that I don't know what you're talking about. Usually when it comes to those guys arguing about econ I chime in to challenge Greoric. I even linked him up some online banking classes once. :cool: