Gorilla killed at Cincinnati Zoo.

The parents
MAIN-Parents-of-child-that-fell-into-Gorilla-enclosure.jpg

Hmmm.

They look explosive, but not very athletic...

If it were my child i would not have him at an animal prison in the first place but lets just say that for some bizarre turn of events i somehow ended up at the zoo and my child somehow got out of my sight and ended up falling into the gorilla enclosure. Id like to think that my child would be so prescious to me that id risk my life trying to save him. I am under no illusion that the gorilla could literally tear me limb from limb without even breaking a sweat but id try to approach him in a submissive non threatening way no eye contact etc and with a little bit of luck i could appeal to his better nature and he'd allow me to cautiously retreat with my injured child. If it were a lion or tiger not a chance but gorillas are highly intelligent creatures after all and capable of complex emotions and empathy so its not a scenario which is completely implausible. But again its all very well surmising how i would react in such a situation whilst sitting here in the comfort of my own home. Who the fuck knows what i'd really do unless i was in such a situation for real.

That Gorilla's life was just as important as that stupid kid if not more.

Stupid adults shouldn't make stupid kids.

Human race is already too overpopulated for that shit.

Right....that's why we are the ones watching gorillas from behind a wall and not vice versa....

not even close. Zoos are WAY too involved with schooling, millions of kids go to them as part of education, it wont just disappear that easily. American style circuses die out because they are boring compared to the french stuff.

well then that's a shame because the students could learn much more from watching a nature video in their classrooms rather than going to a zoo.

If it were my child i would not have him at an animal prison in the first place but lets just say that for some bizarre turn of events i somehow ended up at the zoo and my child somehow got out of my sight and ended up falling into the gorilla enclosure. Id like to think that my child would be so prescious to me that id risk my life trying to save him. I am under no illusion that the gorilla could literally tear me limb from limb without even breaking a sweat but id try to approach him in a submissive non threatening way no eye contact etc and with a little bit of luck i could appeal to his better nature and he'd allow me to cautiously retreat with my injured child. If it were a lion or tiger not a chance but gorillas are highly intelligent creatures after all and capable of complex emotions and empathy so its not a scenario which is completely implausible. But again its all very well surmising how i would react in such a situation whilst sitting here in the comfort of my own home. Who the fuck knows what i'd really do unless i was in such a situation for real.

You live in a fantasy world.

Hmmmm yeah and smoking isn't bad for you cos my grandaddy smoked 100 a day and died of natural causes at the ripe old age of 120.

Get real man. First off training guide dogs for the blind is of no benefit to the dogs its for the benefit of people so again we are back to animal exploitation. As for zoos, well they may very well get some children such as your daughter interested in animals but that is completely beside the point which is that by holding these sentient beings captive in an unnatural environment and depriving them of their natural instincts which they have evolved over millions of years we are denying their most fundamental interests and the right not to be treated as another beings property. How in good gods name can you even believe for one second that this promotes a just and compassionate regard for animals? The fact is it perpetuates the archaic notion that they are somehow inferior beings with which we can do as we please. Sticking them in concrete enclosures and cages under the guise of education and conservation is complete and utter bullshit. Its all about the money and most people learn nothing about how these animals behave in their own natural habitat. Its nothing more than a mindless day out for people with an extremely low level of consciousness.

Okay, if you consider training guide dogs for the blind as "animal exploration" then you are off the charts. I don't mean to be a dick when I say this, but you sound like a person who isn't able to get his psychological needs met by humans, and are trying to get your psychological needs met through your delusional conceptualization of animals.

Let's compare dogs to humans: A litter of dogs varies depending on the breed, but you are talking about a mother giving birth to 4-12 pups after 4 months of pregnancy, and those dogs will reach reproductive age in a year or so. A human gives birth to one baby (outside of rare multiple births, particularly before IVF), carries that baby for nine months, gives birth to a helpless baby (that basically spends its first 3 months in a 4th trimester outside the womb because it's brain requires a skull too large to pass through the birth canal after 9 months) that will not be able to sit up for 4 months, crawl for 6 months, stand for 8 months, walk for 12 months, and will not reach reproductive age for 12 years, which is about when a dog is coming to the end of its life. To compare an individual dog to a human is ridiculous. A guide dog gives independence to a blind person, and that value is priceless. Plus, the dogs enjoy the work anyway, as the the dogs are bred specifically for the role, and receive medical care beyond what most humans on the planet receive.

In sum, you are not on a higher "level of consciousness" you are misinformed, if not misguided.

I hope these parents get slapped with a large fine for their negligence and their kid gets taken away..

They're nothing but criminals anyways.. the father's long criminal rap sheet proves it. Fucking waste to society.

Okay, if you consider training guide dogs for the blind as "animal exploration" then you are off the charts. I don't mean to be a dick when I say this, but you sound like a person who isn't able to get his psychological needs met by humans, and are trying to get your psychological needs met through your delusional conceptualization of animals.

Let's compare dogs to humans: A litter of dogs varies depending on the breed, but you are talking about a mother giving birth to 4-12 pups after 4 months of pregnancy, and those dogs will reach reproductive age in a year or so. A human gives birth to one baby (outside of rare multiple births, particularly before IVF), carries that baby for nine months, gives birth to a helpless baby (that basically spends its first 3 months in a 4th trimester outside the womb because it's brain requires a skull too large to pass through the birth canal after 9 months) that will not be able to sit up for 4 months, crawl for 6 months, stand for 8 months, walk for 12 months, and will not reach reproductive age for 12 years, which is about when a dog is coming to the end of its life. To compare an individual dog to a human is ridiculous. A guide dog gives independence to a blind person, and that value is priceless. Plus, the dogs enjoy the work anyway, as the the dogs are bred specifically for the role, and receive medical care beyond what most humans on the planet receive.

In sum, you are not on a higher "level of consciousness" you are misinformed, if not misguided.

This post is incredibly retarded. Using that same logic wouldn't that make an endangered species more valuable since there are less of them? Also by that logic there are plenty of animals that go through even more difficult processes in creating a child so is a great panda's life worth more than a human?

I hope these parents get slapped with a large fine for their negligence and their kid gets taken away..

They're nothing but criminals anyways.. the father's long criminal rap sheet proves it. Fucking waste to society.

By that rational, Hillary shouldn't be president. AmIRight?

This part made me literally lol:

The boy's mother Michelle Gregg has faced criticism for social media users and animal rights campaigners, who claim she should have been keeping a closer eye on her child.

Some animal lovers even suggested she and the boy's father Deonne Dickerson should have been shot and killed instead of the gorilla Harambe.

its a hilarious contrast to the guy on my facebook who was adamant he would have personally leapt into the enclosure and killed said gorilla with his bare hands, had it been his daughter.

i get wanting to save the kid...but thats a suicide mission bro. if youre lucky you can get your kid and chuck them back up to the place they fell in before kong rips your arms off and bludgeons you with them.

It's not that ridiculous of an idea. Maybe not to actually kill the gorilla with your bare hands but it's definitely possible to disable it and defend yourself via the wheelbarrel technique. For those not familiar: you do a front flip over the gorilla to where you take his back. But instead of trying some choke hold or something you grab him by the ankles and pull, lifting him up like a wheelbarrel. The gorilla is completely helpless at that point.

this is the most politically correct and thoughtfully worded response of his whole campaign.

billions of people on this planet running out of resources.... but one retarded kid is more important than an endangered/threatened animal that is one of the most intelligent species we have. Yeah ok. I can't wait to see an update on this kid being an insurance salesman or radio shack assistant manager when he's older.

Post your resume, hot shot. Let's see what you've done with your life since you're up on some pedestal and can judge what makes someone else's life worthwhile.

Yeah, the kid may live an average life, but you know, his kids could do something great. His great grandsons could cure cancer. His offspring could lead a nation, save lives and create a better world. The gorilla is just going to eat bugs and plants. The small chance that the kid or his offspring make the world better is worth that gorilla's life.

Child was safe with an 800-lb gorilla handling him? This PETA craziness is going too far.

Apparently you didn't watch the video. The zoo in the video had some type of signal to get the gorillas to come into the building and they went. People were going into the enclosure to the boy before the gorillas were all in the building.

Even in the latest case the boy was not injured, in the fall or by the gorilla.

This post is incredibly retarded. Using that same logic wouldn't that make an endangered species more valuable since there are less of them? Also by that logic there are plenty of animals that go through even more difficult processes in creating a child so is a great panda's life worth more than a human?

Lol, you criticize my logic but then show through your attempt to extrapolate it that you don't have a clue what my point was.

And, you may want to look pandas again before you try to make your second point. They give birth after 3.5-5 months gestation, often give birth to two cubs, and reach sexual maturity as early as 4. What else you got?

Back