What nationality would you choose if your own did not exist?

JDragon

Lawn and Order!
@Gold
Reaction score
Let's assume you're forced to give up your nationality for whatever reasons or let's assume it would not exist.

Which country or which countries would be your "second choice"?

I would choose Switzerland due to geographical proximity and language. Second option would be US.

None.

I would chose to abolish nationalities and borders. I would chose to not be part of a system that separates.

Probably US, would be the easiest transition for me. Or go back to me roots and go Irish.

Norwegian.
Almost the same thing, except I would be richer, and my grammar would makes sense.

Do we talk nationality in the german/continental(and not anglosaxon) sense of the word meaning ethnicity? If not, I would like to stay being swede as part of the swedish minority in Finland.

If that isn't possible. German, Norwegian or Danish.

Do we talk nationality in the german/continental(and not anglosaxon) sense of the word meaning ethnicity? If not, I would like to stay being swede as part of the swedish minority in Finland.

If that isn't possible. German, Norwegian or Danish.

In the sense of "your passport is now invalid but you get to choose from all other existing nations".

Canada since its the closest thing to the US.

The weather would make me miserable though.

In the sense of "your passport is now invalid but you get to choose from all other existing nations".

uhmm. Denmark then I suppose. Because Finland is boring if you are not use to it.

Why don't you as a german pick Austria? Good beer, language, cool history, cultural life and alps n shit? I mean, the austrians are germans in denial.

uhmm. Denmark then I suppose. Because Finland is boring if you are not use to it.

Why don't you as a german pick Austria? Good beer, language, cool history, cultural life and alps n shit? I mean, the austrians are germans in denial.

Personal preference. Been there more often than in Austria and people have been nicer.

Also, standard of living

Probably Switzerland.

Very rich, have had the balls to put a break on mass immigration, generally don't GAF about anything but themselves (a good thing).

Breathtaking landscape, nice climate, I speak 2 of their official languages already.

Almost impossible to invade geographically, militia army with widespread weapon ownership (but reasonable gun culture unlike in the US).

Nations living side by side inside a state, but unlike Canada, there is an excellent balance between the 2 main cultures.

Lastly, although I have had some mixed feelings about the Swiss in the past, recent years' experience with them have shown me that they tend to be cool AF.

Its a tough one, every country has different strengths and weaknesses.
It would either be Canada, Switzerland or UAE.

Brb gonna go cry about Obama not saying Muslim terrorist or whatever.

If life has taught me one thing, it's that generally people who wish for a world without borders likely wouldn't last a day in a world without borders.

Be careful what you wish for because you obviously have no idea what kind of people you'll find on this planet.

Canada since its the closest thing to the US.

The weather would make me miserable though.

American since its the closest to Canada.

would go to northeast, so weather not a thing,

I'd be a Serb

Or some Baltic sea-bordering state for the hot wimminz, red brick architecture, and, erm, cohesive society, left behind by the great USSR
...but mostly the hot wimminz.

Back