FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

I know that, he also has pyrokinesis. I think were mainly going to see TK and tp because they're budget friendly .
And for those who are not aware of Legions varied abilities:
Personalities[edit]
The following characters are the different personalities of Legion where each one has a different power:

• Through the personality of terrorist Jemail Karami (the name given to Personality #2), he has manifested telepathy.
  • Through the personality of roustabout adventurer Jack Wayne (the name given to Personality #3), he has manifested telekinesis
  • Through the personality of the rebellious girl Cyndi (the name given to Personality #4), he has manifested pyrokinesis. This personality of Legion had a crush on Cypher.
  • Through the personality of The Legion (the name given to Personality #5 and Legion's "real me"), he can warp time and reality where this form was responsible for the Age of Apocalypse reality. Magik nicknamed this personality as a "God-Mutant."
  • Through the personality of Sally (the name given to Personality #67), he has the appearance of an obese woman with Hulk-like super-strength and increased muscle mass.
  • Through the personality of an unnamed punk rocker (who was classified as Personality #115), he can channel sound blasts that are referred to as "Acoustic Aggressive" by the Nimrod Sentinels.
  • Little is known about Personality #181 except for the fact that this persona can enlarge itself to an undetermined size. This was the first power Legion utilized with the Neural Switchboard Wristband.
  • Through the personality of Johnny Gomorrah (the name given to Personality #186), he can transmute his enemies and objects into salt.
  • Time-Sink (the name given to Personality #227) has the ability of time-manipulation.
  • Personality #302 uses rapid-punching abilities.
  • Styx (the name given to Personality #666) has the ability to use a touch of death to absorb the spirits of his victims after absorbing a spirit so Styx can continue to control the victims body. David finds and absorbs them.
  • Personality #749 can discharge electricity.
  • Personality #762 is a pirate that can belch an acid gas.
  • Personality #898 is a centaur.
  • Personality #993 can emit gaseous materials at high speeds.
  • Delphic (the name given to Personality #1012) is a blue-skinned seemingly-omniscient seer willing to answer three questions to supplicants. She also gives off what appears to be electric discharges.
  • Absence is an alien/demon creature who claims to have traveled through realities and stars. Absence's power is to "siphon off heat and love."
  • Bleeding Image is a living voodoo doll and amplifies pain from any injury he inflicts on himself will be felt by his victims.
  • Chain is a human virus turning anyone he touches into a copy of himself with a new weapon.
  • "Fiend" is a persona that emerges due to the mental shock of Professor X's death. It has an unknown power and it has been shown to be immune to telepathy, as it was shown to be unaffected by Blindfold when she rendered all the sub-personalities to fall asleep and attacked her, causing Blindfold a psychic-trauma. He has the form of a yellow little goblin-like creature with unknown power. This personality also contained a part of Professor X who calls David his "son."
  • Chronodon is a dinosaur with a clock on its face. Based on its name, it can be assumed that it has time manipulation.
  • Clown is a surly-looking clown that can blast a light energy from his mouth.
  • Compass Rose can locate any person and teleport to them.
  • Drexel is a foul-mouthed simpleton with super-strength.
  • Endgame can counter any attack executed against him such as increasing strength with a melee attack or changing his form with a magnetic.
  • Findel the Finder can find anyone across the galaxy.
  • Hugh Davidson is a stereotypical prepster with a long prehensile tongue.
  • Hypnobloke is a strange gentleman with flashing swirls for eyes in a top hat and carrying a pocket watch. His powers are that of hypnotic suggestion.
  • Kirbax the Kraklar is a demonic creature with the ability of flight and electricity generation.
  • Ksenia Nadejda Panov is a Moscow heiress, discus champion, exporter of caviar, torturer of puppies. She has the ability to generate ionic scalpels from her fingers.
  • K-Zek the Conduit Power appears to be an android with the ability of wireless energy transfer (or WET) and electrical absorption.
  • Marci Sabol is a normal girl that David Haller had once met. She became trapped in his mind when she was killed by one of Legion's other personalities.
  • Max Kelvin has the appearance of an crotchety old man. His eyes protrude when he uses his powers of plasmatic flame generation..
  • Mycolojester is a plant-like entity with the attire of a jester. He has the mutant power to emit toxic spores from the skin pores on his body which acts as a powerful nerve gas. However, its effects can be dissipated by water.
  • Non-Newtonian Annie is a skinny purple women dressed in pink clothes. She has the power to be cloaked in a zero-tainullskin that deflects any attack and according to the law of the conservation of energy, kinetic energy is redirected.
  • Origamist is a sumo wrestler who can warp reality and can fold space time.
  • Protozoan Porter is a strange-looking near octopoid-like personality with physiological resemblance to a leech. He has the ability to teleport by disassembling into multiple little bits of ameboid like particles then reassembling them at a given destination.
  • Pukatus Jr. is a small cherub-like demon which can vomit an acidic substance.
  • Skinsmith control the ability to bend the skin of others.
  • Susan in Sunshine can amplify emotions of those around her.
  • Tyrannix the Abominoid is a Cthulhu-like creature with telepathic powers.
  • Wormhole Wodo can open wormholes across the galaxy.
  • Zero G. Priestly can control gravity.
  • Zubar has the power to levitate himself.
  • An unseen persona has the power to heal others which David uses to heal an old man from his psychic tumor.

I keep thinking this is that :eek::eek::eek:gy tv show about emo angels and shit.

So is there going to be X-Men stuff in this?

So is there going to be X-Men stuff in this?

Perhaps, Legion is an antihero who is Professor Xavier's son and is an omega level mutant one of the most powerful in the comics. He has dissociative split personalities, like 100's of them, each of them manifests his powers differently. I can see them doing a comedic, fight club kid going insane type of show with this.

Looks too heavy for my taste. But i'll definitely give it a shot.

If you'd told me ten years ago that I'd only watch a super hero show if it was really good, I'd say you were crazy.

I'm watching exactly zero current super hero shows that aren't Netflix, they REALLY raised the bar. Flash, Supergirl, SHIELD, Arrow, lost interest in all of them.

And I've seen every episode of Smallville.

Agreed. I can't help myself, this sheer abundance of movies, sequels, reboots, TV shows and animated movies kind of killed it for me. If i can follow many good (non-superhero) shows, why would it follow agents of shield just because it has Marvel heroes referenced or showed from time to time? I still follow Flash, mostly to get a closure on the story.

And for those who are not aware of Legions varied abilities:
Personalities[edit]
The following characters are the different personalities of Legion where each one has a different power:

• Through the personality of terrorist Jemail Karami (the name given to Personality #2), he has manifested telepathy.
  • Through the personality of roustabout adventurer Jack Wayne (the name given to Personality #3), he has manifested telekinesis
  • Through the personality of the rebellious girl Cyndi (the name given to Personality #4), he has manifested pyrokinesis. This personality of Legion had a crush on Cypher.
  • Through the personality of The Legion (the name given to Personality #5 and Legion's "real me"), he can warp time and reality where this form was responsible for the Age of Apocalypse reality. Magik nicknamed this personality as a "God-Mutant."
  • Through the personality of Sally (the name given to Personality #67), he has the appearance of an obese woman with Hulk-like super-strength and increased muscle mass.
  • Through the personality of an unnamed punk rocker (who was classified as Personality #115), he can channel sound blasts that are referred to as "Acoustic Aggressive" by the Nimrod Sentinels.
  • Little is known about Personality #181 except for the fact that this persona can enlarge itself to an undetermined size. This was the first power Legion utilized with the Neural Switchboard Wristband.
  • Through the personality of Johnny Gomorrah (the name given to Personality #186), he can transmute his enemies and objects into salt.
  • Time-Sink (the name given to Personality #227) has the ability of time-manipulation.
  • Personality #302 uses rapid-punching abilities.
  • Styx (the name given to Personality #666) has the ability to use a touch of death to absorb the spirits of his victims after absorbing a spirit so Styx can continue to control the victims body. David finds and absorbs them.
  • Personality #749 can discharge electricity.
  • Personality #762 is a pirate that can belch an acid gas.
  • Personality #898 is a centaur.
  • Personality #993 can emit gaseous materials at high speeds.
  • Delphic (the name given to Personality #1012) is a blue-skinned seemingly-omniscient seer willing to answer three questions to supplicants. She also gives off what appears to be electric discharges.
  • Absence is an alien/demon creature who claims to have traveled through realities and stars. Absence's power is to "siphon off heat and love."
  • Bleeding Image is a living voodoo doll and amplifies pain from any injury he inflicts on himself will be felt by his victims.
  • Chain is a human virus turning anyone he touches into a copy of himself with a new weapon.
  • "Fiend" is a persona that emerges due to the mental shock of Professor X's death. It has an unknown power and it has been shown to be immune to telepathy, as it was shown to be unaffected by Blindfold when she rendered all the sub-personalities to fall asleep and attacked her, causing Blindfold a psychic-trauma. He has the form of a yellow little goblin-like creature with unknown power. This personality also contained a part of Professor X who calls David his "son."
  • Chronodon is a dinosaur with a clock on its face. Based on its name, it can be assumed that it has time manipulation.
  • Clown is a surly-looking clown that can blast a light energy from his mouth.
  • Compass Rose can locate any person and teleport to them.
  • Drexel is a foul-mouthed simpleton with super-strength.
  • Endgame can counter any attack executed against him such as increasing strength with a melee attack or changing his form with a magnetic.
  • Findel the Finder can find anyone across the galaxy.
  • Hugh Davidson is a stereotypical prepster with a long prehensile tongue.
  • Hypnobloke is a strange gentleman with flashing swirls for eyes in a top hat and carrying a pocket watch. His powers are that of hypnotic suggestion.
  • Kirbax the Kraklar is a demonic creature with the ability of flight and electricity generation.
  • Ksenia Nadejda Panov is a Moscow heiress, discus champion, exporter of caviar, torturer of puppies. She has the ability to generate ionic scalpels from her fingers.
  • K-Zek the Conduit Power appears to be an android with the ability of wireless energy transfer (or WET) and electrical absorption.
  • Marci Sabol is a normal girl that David Haller had once met. She became trapped in his mind when she was killed by one of Legion's other personalities.
  • Max Kelvin has the appearance of an crotchety old man. His eyes protrude when he uses his powers of plasmatic flame generation..
  • Mycolojester is a plant-like entity with the attire of a jester. He has the mutant power to emit toxic spores from the skin pores on his body which acts as a powerful nerve gas. However, its effects can be dissipated by water.
  • Non-Newtonian Annie is a skinny purple women dressed in pink clothes. She has the power to be cloaked in a zero-tainullskin that deflects any attack and according to the law of the conservation of energy, kinetic energy is redirected.
  • Origamist is a sumo wrestler who can warp reality and can fold space time.
  • Protozoan Porter is a strange-looking near octopoid-like personality with physiological resemblance to a leech. He has the ability to teleport by disassembling into multiple little bits of ameboid like particles then reassembling them at a given destination.
  • Pukatus Jr. is a small cherub-like demon which can vomit an acidic substance.
  • Skinsmith control the ability to bend the skin of others.
  • Susan in Sunshine can amplify emotions of those around her.
  • Tyrannix the Abominoid is a Cthulhu-like creature with telepathic powers.
  • Wormhole Wodo can open wormholes across the galaxy.
  • Zero G. Priestly can control gravity.
  • Zubar has the power to levitate himself.
  • An unseen persona has the power to heal others which David uses to heal an old man from his psychic tumor.

That seems a bit excessive. If it were, like 10, i'd be able to follow, but this is just waaay over the top. Who can even remember all the names?

So is this about Professor X's son David Haller (aka Legion)?

That seems a bit excessive. If it were, like 10, i'd be able to follow, but this is just waaay over the top. Who can even remember all the names?
It is excessive, that's the point, an omega level mutant who's mind is so splintered and abilities so varied no one can keep track of it. That is why he grew up under the care of Moira Mctaggart on Muir island, rather than being at the X-Mansion. Originally he was a telepath with TK, PK and reality warping, but 30 years of different writers having a go at him has brought us here.

I'm kind of hopeful someone will do the Mathew Malloy story, the story itself has a great premise and I feel like you could improve upon the comic with a movie/tv show.

It is excessive, that's the point, an omega level mutant who's mind is so splintered and abilities so varied no one can keep track of it. That is why he grew up under the care of Moira Mctaggart on Muir island, rather than being at the X-Mansion. Originally he was a telepath with TK, PK and reality warping, but 30 years of different writers having a go at him has brought us here.

They may nerf him off of those facts alone. Too much content to go with, not enough time or money to flesh out all his personas.

I don't know why, of all the characters in the X-Men universe, they had to go with Legion. The guy is a C-Level character at best (in terms of recognizability), and the only good thing that he gave us comic book fans was inciting the Age of Apocalypse arc.

They may nerf him off of those facts alone. Too much content to go with, not enough time or money to flesh out all his personas.
Which is why they'll probably scale him back to the originally intended group of powers. Same reason why we don't see the super enhanced adamantium skeleton Sabertooth in the movies, too over-powered.

Going the scaled back route, they always have extra personalities they can draw on when ever they want, without overloading the viewer.

Update: August 9, 2016

X-Men Characters Will Appear in LEGION; Why HELLFIRE Was Scrapped

X-Men-David-Finch-062414-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox Television Group Chairman & CEO Dana Walden confirmed a few classic X-Men characters would certainly be making an appearance in Legion at some point or another, but the main focus of the show would be on this new family of mutants.

“There will be some iconic characters but mostly this is about a new family," Walden said to IGN."It’s about an average family who encounters this extraordinary world and children who have mutant powers and they end up on the run, so it’s a little bit underground railroad in terms of a storytelling spine.”

As for Hellfire, which was scrapped in favor of this new untitled X-Men project, Dana Walden, in a separate interview with Slashfilm, elaborated a bit on why they decided it was better to go in a different direction following the departure of its original showrunners, explaining that the new story felt just a tad too big for television and that their take on the Hellfire Club may have been a little too similar to the villainous group's appearance in Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class where they faced off with a young Charles Xavier and the first generation of his beloved X-Men.

Jeff Loeb Offers An Update On Marvel/Fox's Upcoming X-MEN TV Series; Reveals Why HELLFIRE Was Scrapped

Looks interesting and dark. I hope they keep it fresh. I don't really enjoy the superhero tv shows we currently have. They are too ham and formulaic for me.

Sad that the only one I watch might not even make it as a b-grade show - Powers. There's just something original about what they do that I like, even when it's ham it seems more believable. I like shows that take risks.

Back