Movies MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Movie Dead at Netflix After at Least $30 Million in Development (post #221)

Didn't Studios learn from Legend of Hercules ? This guy can't Act and isn't leading man material

He's make a great Ram Man...

The beefed up Tarzan version of Alexander Skaarsgard would be my pick to be He Man , at he has a natural charisma about him. Lutz is as interesting as a cardboard box.

The beefed up Tarzan version of Aleksander Skaarsgard would be my pick to be He Man , at he has a natural charisma about him. Lutz is as interesting as a cardboard box.

Chris Hensworth on dem Duane Johnson supplements.

That is another choice but to me it might be too similar looking to Thor that I don't know if he would do it.

Thor would be foolish to associate himself with a franchise considering Klutz. Seeing as Tarzan is probably the last movie Skaarsfaed will lead, he might jump at the chance at starring in He-Man of Mars.

Thor would be foolish to associate himself with a franchise considering Klutz. Seeing as Tarzan is probably the last movie Skaarsfaed will lead, he might jump at the chance at starring in He-Man of Mars.

LOL. Just watching John Carter on TV now. A shame it didn't do better but I wouldn't have jumped for a sequel.

MotU film? I would have preferred another series reboot, a la Voltron or the new Scooby Doo.

Kellan Lutz is one of the worst actors in Hollywood.

He makes Dolph Lundgren look like Robert DeNiro.

Even though Lutz looks like He-Man, he's just all around horrible. I can't really pin point what makes him so douchey but just as Arnold radiates charisma this guy radiates decomoposing rats in a sewer.

Last edited:
Update: August 12, 2016

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Director McG Talks Tone, Characters and Kellan Lutz

QgC10Ny.jpg

McG: "We haven’t cast the role [of He-Man] yet, but I like Kellan [Lutz] very much. Obviously, we need a talented entertainer, but we also need a certain physicality, which he embodies. He’ll be considered very, very closely. We haven’t gotten to the casting process yet. Kellan’s a good guy, and we had a great meeting, and he’s passionate about He-Man, he’s passionate about the Adam story. He really knows a lot about it. I was charmed by his focus and intensity. He’ll be considered very, very carefully. We’re just not there yet. We’ve got to get the movie on its feet, then we’ll cast the movie."

"I think we want to honor the fan base, first and foremost. We also need to be cognizant of the incredible resonance of what Kevin Feige is doing with Marvel, and the balance of full-bodied entertainment. That it’s both credible and emotional, action-packed, and the story of a hero’s journey. It’s the genesis of He-Man, it’s the becoming of He-Man. We want it to be clicking on all cylinders in that regard. We’re not going to stop until we get it right."

"Listen, I love that movie with Frank [Langella] and Dolph [Lundgren]. I watch it, and it’s a tremendous pleasure for me to watch. I’m raised on the toys, and I’m down at Mattel all the time. We’re just really focused on getting it right. I want it to be full-bodied entertainment that respects the fan base, and is more emotional than you might imagine, inventive and original. Obviously, we’re all cognizant of what’s going on with Game of Thrones. It’s incredible. We’re cognizant of what’s going on in Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn’s doing a great job. We’re going to try to answer the call and take it higher. How’s that sound?"

"I’ve got to answer the call with Evil-Lyn, that’s for sure. Because I think what Margot Robbie just got up to with that turn [in Suicide Squad] is really, really interesting, and I want to make sure I answer the call. I even think Cara [Delevingne] did a good job in Suicide Squad with Enchantress. I want to make sure our Evil-Lyn is the standard bearer. That’s a tall order, isn’t it?"

"I think the characters are bigger than any given actor. I think the right actor is going to be what’s most important. I’m not really hung up on, “Oh, it’s got to be a star.” I just want someone who’s right for it. I enjoy working with big movie stars. I enjoy working with discoveries. We’re going to do what’s right, so it embodies the energy. Skeletor needs to be an incredible menace. I really think — again — I mean it when I say Vader, Gruber, Skeletor."

‘Masters of the Universe’: Director McG Talks Tone, Characters, Setting, and More

Kellan Lutz is one of the worst actors on the planet

Update: August 12, 2016

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Director McG Talks Tone, Characters and Kellan Lutz

McG-Masters-of-the-Universe-081216a-Dragonlord.jpg

McG: "We haven’t cast the role [of He-Man] yet, but I like Kellan [Lutz] very much. Obviously, we need a talented entertainer, but we also need a certain physicality, which he embodies. He’ll be considered very, very closely. We haven’t gotten to the casting process yet. Kellan’s a good guy, and we had a great meeting, and he’s passionate about He-Man, he’s passionate about the Adam story. He really knows a lot about it. I was charmed by his focus and intensity. He’ll be considered very, very carefully. We’re just not there yet. We’ve got to get the movie on its feet, then we’ll cast the movie."

"I think we want to honor the fan base, first and foremost. We also need to be cognizant of the incredible resonance of what Kevin Feige is doing with Marvel, and the balance of full-bodied entertainment. That it’s both credible and emotional, action-packed, and the story of a hero’s journey. It’s the genesis of He-Man, it’s the becoming of He-Man. We want it to be clicking on all cylinders in that regard. We’re not going to stop until we get it right."

"Listen, I love that movie with Frank [Langella] and Dolph [Lundgren]. I watch it, and it’s a tremendous pleasure for me to watch. I’m raised on the toys, and I’m down at Mattel all the time. We’re just really focused on getting it right. I want it to be full-bodied entertainment that respects the fan base, and is more emotional than you might imagine, inventive and original. Obviously, we’re all cognizant of what’s going on with Game of Thrones. It’s incredible. We’re cognizant of what’s going on in Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn’s doing a great job. We’re going to try to answer the call and take it higher. How’s that sound?"

"I’ve got to answer the call with Evil-Lyn, that’s for sure. Because I think what Margot Robbie just got up to with that turn [in Suicide Squad] is really, really interesting, and I want to make sure I answer the call. I even think Cara [Delevingne] did a good job in Suicide Squad with Enchantress. I want to make sure our Evil-Lyn is the standard bearer. That’s a tall order, isn’t it?"

"I think the characters are bigger than any given actor. I think the right actor is going to be what’s most important. I’m not really hung up on, “Oh, it’s got to be a star.” I just want someone who’s right for it. I enjoy working with big movie stars. I enjoy working with discoveries. We’re going to do what’s right, so it embodies the energy. Skeletor needs to be an incredible menace. I really think — again — I mean it when I say Vader, Gruber, Skeletor."

‘Masters of the Universe’: Director McG Talks Tone, Characters, Setting, and More
Haven't cast for He-Man? Let me solve that riddle for you.
masters_of_universe_dolphlundgrenbody.jpg

McG had me at "I loved the Frank Langella/Dolph Lundgren movie." Masters of the Universe is the first film I ever saw in a theater- sure I have no recollection of it as I was a one-year-old and my cousin brought my older brother and me there, but I watched it probably a dozen times in my youth. It's hokey as fuck, but that's part of the charm.

Kellan Lutz is about as generic an action movie type as you can get in this day and age, but I think he wouldn't be the worst casting choice out there. He-Man is never going to be as interesting as Skeleton/Evil-Lynn anyway so you just gotta make sure to get solid actors in those roles.

So in a franchise reboot considering Kellan Lutz as its star, a movie with Skelator and He-Man, McG is already focused on making Evil-Lyn the "standard bearer" ... Just pull the funding already.

So in a franchise reboot considering Kellan Lutz as its star, a movie with Skelator and He-Man, McG is already focused on making Evil-Lyn the "standard bearer" ... Just pull the funding already.

lol. point well taken.

if they're going to do it, make it entertaining. Don't make it brooding. Don't try to make it more serious than it ever was. Make He-Man badass, make Prince Adam an idiot, make Cringer a pussy, make BattleCat fucking awesome, make Skeletor a threat. Get a decent story. It could work.

Back