UFN 93 - Barnett vs Arlovski - Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just briefly rewatched Issa's and Lapilus' last fights. Both seemed to gas later on, Issa probably more so. Lapilus could have beat Perez but lost the second round after hurting him, jumping on a guillotine and ending up on the bottom for the rest of the round. I think it could play out like Lapilus v Ulka, stuff the takedowns and dominate on the feet.

i still haven't figured out the sweet spot on the mma analysis picks, either last year or this year, haha. how much of it should be going against the grain to move up the ladder when right, how much is just "take the 1 point favorite", etc

I did notice that one person just picked the underdog in every single fight.

I just pick who I think is going to win. I don't even look at the odds until I've loaded my picks.

we were supposed to fight 2010, i had a great camp, 8 weeks, he will get desperate and try to take me to the ground, he's off steroids now, so we'll see how he is, I'm focused, I ready for 25 mis, but I want to knock him out

Nice little steroid dig from Arlovski - shit just got personal!

I changed camp before the Igor camp, could be my hardest test, he's #2, I will find a way to beat him, we've trained together 1 year ago, we know each other, I like to fight people I've trained with in the past, it's good for me, I've trained with guys taller than Alex

AA interview (card posted link above)

-claims josh was scheduled to fight him few years ago but he did not fight in the end and to ask him
-hates overeem, got aggressive and swore when he was asked about reem
-says josh grappling meant to be good but rothwell proved otherwise
-josh saying a ko but AA says talk is cheap lets see him do it in the cage
-says he has been training more hard for this fight and will put on a good show with the W

Just looking at AA does it look like he broke his nose? looks broken and not in line, could be sporting
an nose injury but not sure.

he's so much more ripped than bellator days, just a different fighter in all likelihood

i think askham does have the striking edge here (and having that UFC experience does help), but i think hermansson might have more ways to win. i think he's the better grappler

Yeah tough fight after seeing a bit of tape on herm, askham is a bit taller also but similar ko/sub win ratio and askham never been finished yet, yeah agree askham better striking but herm better ability to mix it up, sigh more close fights !

Doesn't really talk about the fight

-claims josh was scheduled to fight him few years ago but he did not fight in the end and to ask him
-says he has been training more hard for this fight and will put on a good show with the W

Just looking at AA does it look like he broke his nose? looks broken and not in line, could be sporting

WTF is the deal with Reem and Arlovski at Jackson's? I don't understand how they can both train there. Is Jackson Reem's main coach? Is he cornering him against Miocic?

WTF is the deal with Reem and Arlovski at Jackson's? I don't understand how they can both train there. Is Jackson Reem's main coach? Is he cornering him against Miocic?
Its a big gym with a lot of fighters, not everyone has to get along. I think prior to AA/Reem it was said that they train at separate times and rarely see each other. Jackson and Wink should be back in Reem's corner for the Stipe, they were in AA's corner because he has been with them for longer etc.

Just briefly rewatched Issa's and Lapilus' last fights. Both seemed to gas later on, Issa probably more so. Lapilus could have beat Perez but lost the second round after hurting him, jumping on a guillotine and ending up on the bottom for the rest of the round. I think it could play out like Lapilus v Ulka, stuff the takedowns and dominate on the feet.
FYI, according to heavyhands Lapilus took the fight on short notice? I don't remember that but it was a logical enough explanation for Lapilus gassing in the first round that i'm waiting til fight time to make my decision on this fight. Right now I like Issa, if Lapilus drops to -125ish i'll play him

AA nose is permanently flattened lol

Lapilus was winning that fight against perez but made a stupid mistake jumping on that choke after dropping him

FYI, according to heavyhands Lapilus took the fight on short notice? I don't remember that but it was a logical enough explanation for Lapilus gassing in the first round that i'm waiting til fight time to make my decision on this fight. Right now I like Issa, if Lapilus drops to -125ish i'll play him
According to Tapology, Perez was scheduled to fight Stasiak on that card. Stasiak pulled out and Lapilus was the replacement, unsure how short notice it was though.

Lapilus was winning that fight against perez but made a stupid mistake jumping on that choke after dropping him
Idk about that. Perez was taking over at the end of round 1 and Lapilus is visibly tired when the round ends. Think that wouldn't have mattered and Perez would've won anyway.

According to Tapology, Perez was scheduled to fight Stasiak on that card. Stasiak pulled out and Lapilus was the replacement, unsure how short notice it was though.
Forgot all about that. According to heavyhands it was only a few weeks notice

That guillotine that Lapilus tried vs Perez is almost enough for me to not want to bet him, terrible fight IQ. French striker going for a guillotine... Please.

The concern is how tired lapilus looked after he had perez on top of him for a few mins in r2. I really dont think he is comfortable off his back and cos of this he really tensed up/paniced and this resulted in him gassing. If issa can get a td early in r1 even if he cant sub lapilus if he can keep lapilus grounded for the round we potentially could see a tired lapilus end of r1. A tired lapilus and a hesitant lapilus as he will be extra careful not to be taken down again is not a fighter i can bet on.

josh barnett seems like he's drinking beer, eating burgers and chilling. arlovski looks like he still wants to be champion again. i think arlovski wins via ko.

For those who can translate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back