What one picture best sums up a certain fighters career?

Holy shit someone remembers Cane. I was looking him up just yesterday along with Steve Cantwell. I felt like such an idiot when Cane came to the UFC. Southpaw with serious power in his hands. Thought he'd be a contender. Buddy ended up getting starched lol

was he trying to jump off the cage? lol

genki+badass.jpg

We need to get you on a real computer Gib. You would excel.
Thanks mang. I think photography has given me a decent eye for proportions/angles etc. Always had a good imagination, so for now I'm focusing on the ideas and not totally the execution. I like seeing when other shoopers will "cover" a shoop (like covering a song for a band) and would always be open to that if one of you masters ever like my idea and feel the need!

My computer is sitting around right now, but it's still very current with components. Just gotta spend the time. Need to do other things too (label/organize videos from my camera and music and stuff), I'll be sure to hit you up if I need some more tips beyond the wealth of info you've already provided in various places around here.

Got a recommendation for a good program or two to start on that wouldn't have to be too intricate?

Thanks mang. I think photography has given me a decent eye for proportions/angles etc. Always had a good imagination, so for now I'm focusing on the ideas and not totally the execution. I like seeing when other shoopers will "cover" a shoop (like covering a song for a band) and would always be open to that if one of you masters ever like my idea and feel the need!

My computer is sitting around right now, but it's still very current with components. Just gotta spend the time. Need to do other things too (label/organize videos from my camera and music and stuff), I'll be sure to hit you up if I need some more tips beyond the wealth of info you've already provided in various places around here.

Got a recommendation for a good program or two to start on that wouldn't have to be too intricate?

Honestly, Photoshop. It can be as simple as you need. You can cut out a head, Resize and/or Rotate it into position and call it a day.

Or you can step it up a notch. With a simple Hue/Saturation adjustment of the reds you can mostly/sorta/kinda color correct skin tones. With a Levels adjustment you can sorta get the lighting right. If you know these few things, you are very powerful. On the other hand, you can take it up even higher and the sky's the limit. Plus if you get to know it, PS will help your photography.

For gifs you have a timeline which has frames. Make your corrected head for frame 1, Resize and/or Rotate it into position and keep going. Gifs can be as easy or difficult as you want. Gifs are harder than static shoops as a 50 frame gif is pretty much the equivalent of 50 separate shoops. That's why not many make them.

I started off like you doing some personal photography using Camera Raw and OneOne Perfect Effects 4. I learned 90% of my PS skills here. I think you are correct in "focusing on the ideas and not totally the execution." Go with that, and take it as high as you want.

Honestly, Photoshop. It can be as simple as you need. You can cut out a head, Resize and/or Rotate it into position and call it a day.

Or you can step it up a notch. With a simple Hue/Saturation adjustment of the reds you can mostly/sorta/kinda color correct skin tones. With a Levels adjustment you can sorta get the lighting right. If you know these few things, you are very powerful. On the other hand, you can take it up even higher and the sky's the limit. Plus if you get to know it, PS will help your photography.

For gifs you have a timeline which has frames. Make your corrected head for frame 1, Resize and/or Rotate it into position and keep going. Gifs can be as easy or difficult as you want. Gifs are harder than static shoops as a 50 frame gif is pretty much the equivalent of 50 separate shoops. That's why not many make them.

I started off like you doing some personal photography using Camera Raw and OneOne Perfect Effects 4. I learned 90% of my PS skills here. I think you are correct in "focusing on the ideas and not totally the execution." Go with that, and take it as high as you want.
Right on to everything.

I guess I was moreso asking which tier or iteration of Photoshop would be high enough to do these things you mentioned, cutout morphing, hue/saturation, brightness/contrast, and maybe at least acceptable dithering/texturing abilities. Last thing I definitely am craving is ability to blend/feather edges. If there's something that's like $200 or less that would have these all in one on top of the basics like cutouts and pasting and adding text and whatnot I'd be able to spring for that.

I've done a ton of digital image adjustments with various free programs since '94 or so and even more in the last 6 years since I got my DSLR, so I suppose I'll be able to mostly jump right in. I know there's tons of quick "how to's" on YouTube and I have dozens of digital photography mags from recent years with some specific tips/walkthroughs.

I'm actually really into finally doing it, I just spend so little time at my PC now with my phone and work laptop used for almost everything.

Quinton Rampage Jackson:
bb395e825a7d3d118d429c549fe9ce1f.jpg

Ruthless Robbie Lawler:
140314131531-robbie-lawler-asleep-single-image-cut.jpg

Daniel Cormier:
dc_zps2f4ca374.gif

Right on to everything.

I guess I was moreso asking which tier or iteration of Photoshop would be high enough to do these things you mentioned, cutout morphing, hue/saturation, brightness/contrast, and maybe at least acceptable dithering/texturing abilities. Last thing I definitely am craving is ability to blend/feather edges. If there's something that's like $200 or less that would have these all in one on top of the basics like cutouts and pasting and adding text and whatnot I'd be able to spring for that.

I've done a ton of digital image adjustments with various free programs since '94 or so and even more in the last 6 years since I got my DSLR, so I suppose I'll be able to mostly jump right in. I know there's tons of quick "how to's" on YouTube and I have dozens of digital photography mags from recent years with some specific tips/walkthroughs.

I'm actually really into finally doing it, I just spend so little time at my PC now with my phone and work laptop used for almost everything.

Let's continue this conversation on the tutorial thread... I replied to you in post #121 and #122.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...-and-q-a-thread.3085313/page-3#post-121008067

Back