TV Show Thread (Witchblade Reboot in the Works; Snatch Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else watching AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR this season?

This is my first time watching a whole season of ANW. Loving it. The show does an excellent job of highlighting all their high-profile athletes every episodes for the new viewers like me.

Drew Drechsel had a cocky attitude on Stage 2 and he carried that with him on Stage 3 which caused his mental mistake. But awesome performances by Drew, Daniel Gil and the rest of the athletes.

Shame about Flip's disqualification. Felt like he could have finished Stage 2.

Jessie Graff is just an awesome competitor and a delight to watch her compete.

Anybody else watching AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR this season?

This is my first time watching a whole season of ANW. Loving it. The show does an excellent job of highlighting all their high-profile athletes every episodes for the new viewers like me.

Drew Drechsel had a cocky attitude on Stage 2 and he carried that with him on Stage 3 which caused his mental mistake. But awesome performances by Drew, Daniel Gil and the rest of the athletes.

Shame about Flip's disqualification. Felt like he could have finished Stage 2.

Jessie Graff is just an awesome competitor and a delight to watch her compete.
I am a big fan of the show. I do not know why, but I always get super into these folks and their stories.

Except for Kacey, they shove that lady down our throat like no one's business, and she is just not that good.

I am a big fan of the show. I do not know why, but I always get super into these folks and their stories.

Except for Kacey, they shove that lady down our throat like no one's business, and she is just not that good.
I was perplexed on how Kacy (and other failed contestants) managed to participate in the National Finals when she (and the others) failed the Qualifiers. Did some research and it was due to the Wild Card spot.

As a new viewer, I wasn't impressed with Kacy. But after doing some research on her history on ANW, I understand why she is very popular.

Among the female athletes, I think Jesse "Flex" LaBreck has strong potential to be one of the greats. She's one of the few female athletes that really earned her spot in the National Finals.

anw_810_jesse_labreck_runjpg.jpg

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Adds Three to the Cast for Season 42

2dafuh1.jpg

Saturday Night Live has added some new faces to its ranks. Mikey Day, a writer on the show since 2013, will transition to on-camera talent this upcoming season, the late-night institution's 42rd.

Also joining the cast are Alex Moffat and Melissa Villasenor. All three will be featured players making their debuts on the Oct. 1 premiere.

Day, 36, is a member of the Groundlings, the famed Los Angeles comedy troupe and talent incubator that has produced such SNL all-stars as Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig.

Villasenor (pronounced via-SIN-your) is an L.A.-based comedian. She was a top 16 finalist on Season 6 of America's Got Talent.

Moffat hails from Chicago, where he taught teen improv at The Second City. He also is head writer and a castmember on Maya & Marty, which, like SNL, is another Lorne Michaels-produced NBC sketch show. That series — a showcase for the talents of Maya Rudolph and Martin Short — aired six episodes over the summer. It has yet to receive a renewal for a second season.

The new hires and promotions follow a round of behind-the-scenes bloodshed at the famed Studio 8H. This time around, the cast cuts were more shocking than usual, as Michaels chose not to renew the contracts of two of the show's heavy-lifters — Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah.

Also not picked up for a second season was Jon Rudnitsky, who joined the cast as a featured player before the start of Season 41.

'Saturday Night Live' Adds Alex Moffat, Mikey Day and Melissa Villasenor to Cast for Season 42
Melissa Villasenor is a great pick up, she can do great impressions.

AGENTS OF SHIELD Extended Promo Teases the Arrival of Ghost Rider

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4 premieres Tuesday, September 20 in its new timeslot, 10:00 PM ET on ABC.

THE MACHINE, Grant Morrison's HAPPY and HAUNTED Score Syfy Pilot Orders

machine-poster-banner.jpg

Syfy is bulking up its pilot roster. The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has handed out pilot pickups to three dramas from its vertically aligned Universal Cable Productions. Ordered to pilot are The Machine, based on the film of the same name; horror drama The Haunted; and an adaptation of Grant Morrison's graphic novel Happy.

The Machine is based on the 2013 feature that will be written and executive produced by filmmaker Caradog James (Don’t Knock Twice) with Red & Black Films. Set in a world that is being transformed by the emergence of artificial intelligence, The Machine explores the epic conflict between man and technology through the lives and motivations of six interwoven characters — each of whom holds the key to humanity’s victory or its destruction. The British science-fiction thriller starred Caity Lotz and Toby Stephens as computer scientists who create an artificial intelligence for the military.

The Haunted is a supernatural horror-drama from author James Frey about four siblings who reunite following their parents' deaths. As they try to overcome their fractured personal relationships they find that they also must face the literal ghosts from their past in order to survive. Noga Landau (Syfy's The Magicians) penned the pilot and will co-exec produce.

Happy is based on Morrison (Batman, The Invisibles) and Brian Taylor's (Crank) graphic novel of the same name. It follows Nick Sax — an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hitman — who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue-winged horse. Taylor is set to direct the pilot.

'The Machine' Reboot, Grant Morrison's 'Happy' and 'Haunted' Horror Drama Score Syfy Pilot Orders

YOU'RE THE WORST is back.

Just watched the first episode. Normally I hate Lindsay but I don't entirely blame her for stabbing the clueless Paul.

Syfy is bulking up its pilot roster. The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has handed out pilot pickups to three dramas from its vertically aligned Universal Cable Productions. Ordered to pilot are The Machine, based on the film of the same name; horror drama The Haunted; and an adaptation of Grant Morrison's graphic novel Happy.

The Machine is based on the 2013 feature that will be written and executive produced by filmmaker Caradog James (Don’t Knock Twice) with Red & Black Films. Set in a world that is being transformed by the emergence of artificial intelligence, The Machine explores the epic conflict between man and technology through the lives and motivations of six interwoven characters — each of whom holds the key to humanity’s victory or its destruction. The British science-fiction thriller starred Caity Lotz and Toby Stephens as computer scientists who create an artificial intelligence for the military.

'The Machine' Reboot, Grant Morrison's 'Happy' and 'Haunted' Horror Drama Score Syfy Pilot Orders

The thing that worries me about turning The Machine into a TV series is that if they pick up the story where the movie left off...
...they're going to need to find an actress which has the same kind of talent for fight choreography as Caity Lotz, which might be a tall order.

Hopefully they'll take the basic premise but no follow the plot of the movie that too closely.

Cameron Crowe's ROADIES Cancelled After One Season at Showtime

Roadies-Cast-Showtime-Dragonlord.jpg

The song is over for Cameron Crowe's Roadies. Premium cable network Showtime has canceled the music drama, Crowe's first TV series, after one season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Produced by Warner Bros. Television and counting J.J. Abrams and Winnie Holzman among its EPs, Roadies explored a tight-knit group of rock band "roadies" as the Almost Famous mastermind and former music journalist looked to shed light on the goings-on behind a rock band tour. Luke Wilson, Carla Gugino and Imogen Poots starred in the drama, which Crowe wrote, directed and exec produced.

The drama, which also featured several high-profile musical guest stars, ended its 10-episode run Aug. 28 with 500,000 total viewers counting three days of delayed viewing. That's on par with its highly promoted June 26 bow of 499,000 (though the series debuted online a week early.) While the small but loyal viewership was even throughout its run, it's still a disappointing return especially when compared with the ratings growth HBO's critical darling mini The Night Of experienced during effectively the same run. The lackluster ratings paired with Showtime's lack of ownership of the pricey drama likely resulted in the cancellation.

"Though we could tell a thousand more stories, this run ends with a complete 10-hour tale of music and love," Crowe wrote in a blog post, noting that he hoped to reunite with much of the cast and creators in another project "soon." "Like a song that slips under your skin, or a lyric that keeps speaking to you, we hope the spell of Roadies lingers. It was life-changing experience for all of us."

Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Canceled After One Season at Showtime

Only watched a couple of episodes before I threw in the towel, was very boring.

AGENTS OF SHIELD Extended Promo Teases the Arrival of Ghost Rider

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4 premieres Tuesday, September 20 in its new timeslot, 10:00 PM ET on ABC.

I've never watched an episode of this show, but it looks like this is going to be slightly better than the Ghost Rider sequel.

10 CLOVERFIELD LANE's Mary Elizabeth Winstead to Star in FARGO Season 3

Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead-Fargo-Dragonlord.jpg

FX's Fargo continues to draw star power. BrainDead and 10 Cloverfield Lane star Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined the cast of the Noah Hawley anthology, THR has learned.

The Fargo casting is in second position to CBS' summer drama BrainDead, meaning if the latter scores a second season and Fargo interferes with the production schedule, Winstead will do only BrainDead.

Season three of Fargo has been rumored to take place in 2010, following the events of the breakout drama's freshman season. It's unclear how or if it will tie into the events from the first run, though none of the stars from season one will return.

Winstead will play Nikki Swango, a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge playing. She is a woman with a plan who is focused on always being at least one move ahead of her opponents.

Ewan McGregor will topline season three and play the dual roles of brothers Emmit and Ray Stussy in what will be his first TV series regular role. The Leftovers' Carrie Coon is set as Gloria Burgle, a practical woman who is the chief of police in Edna Valley and a newly divorced mother. She struggles to understand this new world around her, where people connect more intimately with their phones than those directly in front of them.

Production on the third installment of Fargo is set to begin later this year for a 2017 debut on FX.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Ewan McGregor and Carrie Coon in 'Fargo' Season 3

Cameron Crowe's ROADIES Cancelled After One Season at Showtime

Roadies-Cast-Showtime-Dragonlord.jpg

The song is over for Cameron Crowe's Roadies. Premium cable network Showtime has canceled the music drama, Crowe's first TV series, after one season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Produced by Warner Bros. Television and counting J.J. Abrams and Winnie Holzman among its EPs, Roadies explored a tight-knit group of rock band "roadies" as the Almost Famous mastermind and former music journalist looked to shed light on the goings-on behind a rock band tour. Luke Wilson, Carla Gugino and Imogen Poots starred in the drama, which Crowe wrote, directed and exec produced.

The drama, which also featured several high-profile musical guest stars, ended its 10-episode run Aug. 28 with 500,000 total viewers counting three days of delayed viewing. That's on par with its highly promoted June 26 bow of 499,000 (though the series debuted online a week early.) While the small but loyal viewership was even throughout its run, it's still a disappointing return especially when compared with the ratings growth HBO's critical darling mini The Night Of experienced during effectively the same run. The lackluster ratings paired with Showtime's lack of ownership of the pricey drama likely resulted in the cancellation.

"Though we could tell a thousand more stories, this run ends with a complete 10-hour tale of music and love," Crowe wrote in a blog post, noting that he hoped to reunite with much of the cast and creators in another project "soon." "Like a song that slips under your skin, or a lyric that keeps speaking to you, we hope the spell of Roadies lingers. It was life-changing experience for all of us."

Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Canceled After One Season at Showtime
I could only watch one episode of this show.

NOOOOOOOooooooooo....... You motherfuckers talking about Killjoys killing off all of its hotties, what about DM with Nyx??? Considering this show isn't shy about killing people off, she could very well be dead. :(

Aside from Android, literally every female crew member looked ridiculously smoking this episode.

Also, that final 10 minutes shouldn't have happened. Two, and Six from the prior episode, knew that Ryo wanted the Blink drive. They knew he's willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants, including killing his own family. Literally the second they got back to the ship, after helping him retake Ziron, they should have changed all of the authorization codes, and removed his access from the ship entirely.

Also, I'm glad that GA guy is dead. He was a dumbass. At no point should Two have needed to convince him to investigate a fucking bomb over trying to arrest them. He heard that entire conversation! If he had used his men to find anyone out of ordinary and to check all critical areas, and didn't waste time verbally interrogating her, the station would probably still be intact....and why weren't there guards already at critical areas like the fucking reactor core!?

Fucking idiot.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOooooooooo....... You motherfuckers talking about Killjoys killing off all of its hotties, what about DM with Nyx??? Considering this show isn't shy about killing people off, she could very well be dead. :(

Aside from Android, literally every female crew member looked ridiculously smoking this episode.

Also, that final 10 minutes shouldn't have happened. Two, and Six from the prior episode, knew that Ryo wanted the Blink drive. They knew he's willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants, including killing his own family. Literally the second they got back to the ship, after helping him retake Ziron, they should have changed all of the authorization codes, and removed his access from the ship entirely.

Also, I'm glad that GA guy is dead. He was a dumbass. At no point should Two have needed to convince him to investigate a fucking bomb over trying to arrest them. He heard that entire conversation! If he had used his men to find anyone out of ordinary and to check all critical areas, and didn't waste time verbally interrogating her, the station would probably still be intact....and why weren't there guards already at critical areas like the fucking reactor core!?

Fucking idiot.

The problem is that there was nothing they could do to prevent Ryo from doing what he did. They had no way of knowing that a secret code to deactivate the Android even existed. As long as the Android was operational there was jack shit Ryo could do to take the ship.

As for Kieran's actions, the problem lied with the fact that all the GA personnel seriously underestimated the thread of the Zairon delegation's "ceremonial daggers". There probably were guard in that reactor room, but most likely they got their throats cut in the same way that dude in the operations room did. Just off-screen.

The problem is that there was nothing they could do to prevent Ryo from doing what he did. They had no way of knowing that a secret code to deactivate the Android even existed. As long as the Android was operational there was jack shit Ryo could do to take the ship.

As for Kieran's actions, the problem lied with the fact that all the GA personnel seriously underestimated the thread of the Zairon delegation's "ceremonial daggers". There probably were guard in that reactor room, but most likely they got their throats cut in the same way that dude in the operations room did. Just off-screen.
Ah, young grasshoppah, your cynicism is weak.

They should have automatically assumed that the second Ryo expressed interest in the blink drive, that he was going to do everything in his power to attain it.

Easy way to at least make it somewhat difficult for him? Don't give him access to the ship, including changing any and all access codes.

DARK MATTER

Solid season finale. Five looks so cute in her disguise. Glad to see Ryo is not a complete douche bad guy and there's still a lot of Five's personality in there.

Hope Nyx isn't dead.

@Ippy Yeah, the GA head cop was stupid. Still, I'm disappointed they killed him. I like the idea of him as a constant foil to the Razza crew.

After watching the whole season 2, One was a really crucial component in the team dynamics and made the show better with him around. He was sort of us, someone we can relate to.

SUITS season finale

Surprised to learn that this was not the series finale. The way the series is going it should have been though. The whole season is so convoluted and tedious. But on the positive side, the main characters are not feuding against each other this season.

I know it's too late but I hope the creators/producers/writers watch the first season again and remind themselves why the early seasons were awesome. Because they were 1.fun, 2.lighthearted and 3.episodic.

The Haunted is a supernatural horror-drama from author James Frey about four siblings who reunite following their parents' deaths. As they try to overcome their fractured personal relationships they find that they also must face the literal ghosts from their past in order to survive. Noga Landau (Syfy's The Magicians) penned the pilot and will co-exec produce.

Happy is based on Morrison (Batman, The Invisibles) and Brian Taylor's (Crank) graphic novel of the same name. It follows Nick Sax — an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hitman — who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue-winged horse. Taylor is set to direct the pilot.

Great on syfy.

This would be great, but not on fucking syfy

First Official Look at Clark Kent and Lena Luthor in SUPERGIRL Season 2 Photos

spg201a-0002rc-199460.jpg

spg201b-0149b-199459.jpg

spg201a-0017b-199456.jpg

spg201a-0042b-199455.jpg

spg202a-0169b-199485.jpg

spg202b-0132b-199484.jpg

spg202b-0058b-199471.jpg

spg202b-0155b-199480.jpg

spg202a-150rc-199473.jpg

spg202a-0171b-199479.jpg

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 2: The Last Children of Krypton Photos Released[/url[
Considering this is the first post that I see whenever I load this page.... seriously, lemme revisit this.

Who the hell is that scrawny motherfucker next to Supergirl? Fucking Jimmy Olsen looks The Rock next to him. Towers over him AND he looks like he lifts.

I don't usually complain about casting choices, but damn son. Whatshisface has no business playing Supes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back