RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016 - 1st Round PBP Discussion (9/24 @ 2 AM EST)

not the greatest end to a fight, but joao was shit out of luck.

He roy Nelson'd him
Exactly what i was thinking.

Hey @MilesAbove, see you at the next rizin. Also, have you ever noticed that aliakbari looks like Zangief from Street Fighter with that facial hair and haircut?

awww

i always say better early than late, but that felt early

this is Japan dammit!

still, really enjoying this

also i see i've gotten a bunch of quotes and i'm sorry but unfortunately i'll not be able to read/respond to them til tomorrow, currently watching the bout wit' company and quite drunk, definitely looking forward to reading more of what everyone is saying once i have a chance tomorrow

*raises drink/smoke to everyone in here

turnout seems awesome!

Last edited:
what do you guys think about that stoppage?
He would have been there for the rest of the round.. Good stoppage, they gave him enough time to escape and he couldnt do that or protect himself.

Such a good card so far

<8>

I don't know how I feel about this stoppage. kind of weird.
eh not that weird he wasnt doing damage but he had that position locked tight and the guy wasnt getting out..what was weird was the chub i had watching that gabi fight..that was weird

Albrekktson kind of looks like Martin Kampann and Sage Northcutt had a baby

If he stood them up people would be pissed, if he stopped it people would be pissed, if he let it go they fighter isn't intelligently defending themselves and they aren't interpreting the rules correctly..... crucifix GnP mus be annoying to ref.

I think that you throw a fair/thin skinned guy down in that crucifix eating those right hands and it would have probably been stopped earlier.

It's much easier to go all-in when you set up 2 cards a year...

That's not the issue, even when the UFC goes all-in (UFC 200), it still pales in comparison.

It's the style, the art, the way they set-up the montages, the entrances...
I may be biased, but everything is more classy and exciting.

Back