Nervous Breakdown, Panic Attack, etc..

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had something strange happen to me today and I just need an outlet, I tend to keep things like this from friends and family that dont live in my house. My wife knows but I too embrassed to tell my moms or brothers but I had a breakdown of some kind today. I dont know what or why. I normally have a smile and a pretty good mood and even when I lose my temp, I mello in 5/10 mins and move on with my day. I never carry anger with me and hardly ever let my day get ruined by it. This morning I got stuck in traffic for 2hrs and I was screaming mad, I felt as if I was suffocating and in panic mode about not getting my kids to school on time. I could feel my whole body tense and was cussing here and there, but I was aware not to let it get out of control cause I wanted to keep a happy face on, so my kids would have a good day at school. My oldest asked me what was wrong and she could tell I was upset but I I just kept trying to front until I got to school. I told I was just upset that they were late and such but I will tell her teacher it wasn't her fault and blah blah.

But this is were things seem to go wrong, I got the kids to school 45mins late, and when I got home 10mins late I was getting ready to go somewhere and starting crying and kept crying and started breathing heavy and couldnt get myself to stop or calm down. After about an hr I called my wife and told her something was wrong and what was going on. She rush home to be with me cause she knows I never cry and always hide my feelings when I am upset. When she got here I was still crying and breathing as if i was having a heart attack. She was 100% great and didn't panic and kept calm and took me for a walk and got me to mello but even after I been crying here and there and have this feeling of saddness that I can't seem to shake. I feel like someone close to me has died and I want to start crying at any min. I am not sure what the hell is going on and I know tomorrow I am going wake up and feel upset of today was a waste of time and engery but i honestly cant seem to control my emotions today.

Just by chance I have a dr. apt next week for my yearly blood work and wife wants me to tell him what happened today and I mostly likely will but not sure what happened in the first place. What do I say, i had a break down of some kind.

Cliffs.
Got upset this morning over rush hour and been crying and cant seem to stop myself.

I recommend you definitely tell your doctor about it. It could be just a bad day, but it could be something else. Better to let him know. Even if nothing comes of it now, he will be aware of it if things like this continue.

I went through a spell when I had some stuff going and I was seriously on edge. It sucked

I talked to the doctor and told her that I didn't want a daily medication that I would get dependent on. She prescribed me alprazolam and I only took it I felt an anxiety session coming.

I only took it for about a year. Things at work and in family smoothed out and I got where I didn't need it anymore. I have like three pills sitting my cabinet for the last year or so.

Don't hold back talking to your doctor.

My wifes had one of those. freaked the shit out of me. hard to see someone you love go through shit like that, and essentially have to be calm enough to calm them down to think straight. Your wife's a good woman for coming home to you...

dont hold back when you speak to your doc, and honestly if you have family/siblings/friends who you can be open/honest with I would talk about it. Shouldn't feel ashamed about being down or depressed or having a panic attack/breakdown....people have them all the time man.

My sister has made tremendous strides in conquering her depression just by speaking openly about it with anyone she can

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I went through something similar about two years ago. Greatly affected my sleep and concentration.

Cognitive behavioral therapy, some dietary changes (I had to cut out caffeine completely for a while) and some time with friends/family/books got me right eventually.

Best of luck, bro. Will keep us updated?

I had something strange happen to me today and I just need an outlet, I tend to keep things like this from friends and family that dont live in my house. My wife knows but I too embrassed to tell my moms or brothers but I had a breakdown of some kind today. I dont know what or why. I normally have a smile and a pretty good mood and even when I lose my temp, I mello in 5/10 mins and move on with my day. I never carry anger with me and hardly ever let my day get ruined by it. This morning I got stuck in traffic for 2hrs and I was screaming mad, I felt as if I was suffocating and in panic mode about not getting my kids to school on time. I could feel my whole body tense and was cussing here and there, but I was aware not to let it get out of control cause I wanted to keep a happy face on, so my kids would have a good day at school. My oldest asked me what was wrong and she could tell I was upset but I I just kept trying to front until I got to school. I told I was just upset that they were late and such but I will tell her teacher it wasn't her fault and blah blah.

But this is were things seem to go wrong, I got the kids to school 45mins late, and when I got home 10mins late I was getting ready to go somewhere and starting crying and kept crying and started breathing heavy and couldnt get myself to stop or calm down. After about an hr I called my wife and told her something was wrong and what was going on. She rush home to be with me cause she knows I never cry and always hide my feelings when I am upset. When she got here I was still crying and breathing as if i was having a heart attack. She was 100% great and didn't panic and kept calm and took me for a walk and got me to mello but even after I been crying here and there and have this feeling of saddness that I can't seem to shake. I feel like someone close to me has died and I want to start crying at any min. I am not sure what the hell is going on and I know tomorrow I am going wake up and feel upset of today was a waste of time and engery but i honestly cant seem to control my emotions today.

Just by chance I have a dr. apt next week for my yearly blood work and wife wants me to tell him what happened today and I mostly likely will but not sure what happened in the first place. What do I say, i had a break down of some kind.

Cliffs.
Got upset this morning over rush hour and been crying and cant seem to stop myself.

there it is boss. Let that shit out a when it's appropriate and in smaller doses or your shit will pop like today. Emote bruh. It's feels. We all have them.

And yes, that's exactly what you tell the doc.

I went through a spell when I had some stuff going and I was seriously on edge. It sucked

I talked to the doctor and told her that I didn't want a daily medication that I would get dependent on. She prescribed me alprazolam and I only took it I felt an anxiety session coming.

I only took it for about a year. Things at work and in family smoothed out and I got where I didn't need it anymore. I have like three pills sitting my cabinet for the last year or so.

Don't hold back talking to your doctor.

alprazolam kicked my ass when I was prescribed it for similar issues. The doctor was a fuck though. He just wanted me on however many scrips he could get me to take for the loot. Piece of shit. I even was told to cut the pill in half and still got wrecked. We're talking WRECKED!!!! No es bueno.

Maybe all that not losing your temper stuff finally got to you. If it's not something thats more underlying and psychological, physical outbursts of some sort I'd imagine are good for the human psyche. Whether that's going for a hard run or doing some sort of combat sport/heavy lifting. Humans weren't designed to sit for 2 hours in a metal box with other metal boxes.

In short, get some exercise fatty.

It happens to a lot of people. Relax and don't stress about it.

When you withhold a lot of stress, frustration and anger over time eventually it will come out. The longer and more stress you hold in, the more extreme the outburst is.

I had it happen to me a couple months ago.

I had all this stress and anxiety going on and was barely getting sleep. I finally had a family member piss me off and I just let it all out, I was screaming, cursing telling them to leave me the fuck alone etc.

One thing positive about it though was the after effect, I felt good as fuck to let it all out.

So yea, don't worry Cheese, it's fine. Scream in a pillow every once in a while or something to relieve stress.

there it is boss. Let that shit out a when it's appropriate and in smaller doses or your shit will pop like today. Emote bruh. It's feels. We all have them.

And yes, that's exactly what you tell the doc.

Maybe all that not losing your temper stuff finally got to you. If it's not something thats more underlying and psychological, physical outbursts of some sort I'd imagine are good for the human psyche. Whether that's going for a hard run or doing some sort of combat sport/heavy lifting. Humans weren't designed to sit for 2 hours in a metal box with other metal boxes.

In short, get some exercise fatty.

My wife seems to think that could have something to do. But I just dont know what else to do. I feel expected to be happy and the one people can depend on to be cool to be around and can make sure everyone is happish. I feel guilty if I ruin someones day with my shit.

My wife seems to think that could have something to do. But I just dont know what else to do. I feel expected to be happy and the one people can depend on to be cool to be around. I feel guilty if I ruin someones day with my shit.

I take this approach with my kids too. I have some people that I can share my "shit" with and it's helpful. Physical activity gets the nerves out too. Decompresses me. Even simple activity like taking a walk, as you did, helps.

My wife seems to think that could have something to do. But I just dont know what else to do. I feel expected to be happy and the one people can depend on to be cool to be around and can make sure everyone is happish. I feel guilty if I ruin someones day with my shit.

Too much of a burden imo to be that kind of person.

Be yourself and "feel what you feel".

If something pisses you off, be mad at what pisses you off at that time but don't bring it with you.

You're human man, you feel a certain way because it's a normal emotional response. I'm not saying don't be happy and turn into a hothead or anything like that but don't put on a front all the time, not good for you. Be positive but also be human.

Sounds like you need to stop stuffing your feelings and have a good cry a little more often.

I feel for you, man. Hope all is well. I'm surprised I haven't had one of these myself. It's coming though.

I have anxiety since March, shortness of breath, chest tightness etc. After ER trips, doctor appointments, and meds I still have yet to figure it out. My doctor wants me to go to a mental health professional, so I guess that's the next step

Did your Dad not get yo to school on time as a kid?

I have anxiety since March, shortness of breath, chest tightness etc. After ER trips, doctor appointments, and meds I still have yet to figure it out. My doctor wants me to go to a mental health professional, so I guess that's the next step

That sucks man.

Years ago I had something similar; short period of time I felt I had a lump in my throat and could barely swallow. That and a mix of feeling like I couldn't breathe when I went to sleep was fucking me up.

After a while my anxiety went away and I stopped thinking about it, hopefully the same goes for you.

Back