Jaunty's "My House, My Rules" Fatherly Advice Basement Bar

So, pub. Trump for president is looking like a certainty at this stage. That's interesting.

I believe in conspiracy theories, and I believe Hilary is controlled by lizard over lords... Trump might be the best thing to happen to America.

Plus this is a set up for Michelle Obama to become President next term.. You can't go Black president, to female president to black female president.

Scratch that- according to Google, he's officially taken it.

I'm not too worried, I think a lot of his worst stuff was just playing to the crowds he had. I am however, a little worried that I live in a country where >50% of people chose someone with no experience, no real policy plans (except being anti-trade), no reliance on telling the truth, who is anti-journalist just so they wouldn't have to vote for a woman(who I admit wasn't the most desirable candidate due to questionable decision-making as Secretary of state, her losing in the primary 8 years ago, and her relationship to a former president.).

I think Trump is a harmless blowhard in the end, but I wonder if we'd elect someone much worse if given the opportunity. I mean Trump ran a terrible campaign and won, how hateful and decisive could you get away with being if you actually were a skilled politician.

I'm not too worried, I think a lot of his worst stuff was just playing to the crowds he had. I am however, a little worried that I live in a country where >50% of people chose someone with no experience, no real policy plans (except being anti-trade), no reliance on telling the truth, who is anti-journalist just so they wouldn't have to vote for a woman(who I admit wasn't the most desirable candidate due to questionable decision-making as Secretary of state, her losing in the primary 8 years ago, and her relationship to a former president.).

I think Trump is a harmless blowhard in the end, but I wonder if we'd elect someone much worse if given the opportunity. I mean Trump ran a terrible campaign and won, how hateful and decisive could you get away with being if you actually were a skilled politician.

So why have people voted Trump?
Is the American people fed up with how America is run? Do you guys trust Clinton? Is it the ISIS thing? Is it a Russian thing?

I don't know too much about it, but from what I've read Trump has a 'good' relationship with Putin, and has businesses in Russia.. this could put WW3 on hold for a while? And I've always had the feeling that who ever is funding terrorism in Syria etc. Hilary was apart of it.

Its funny because people here are spazing out, my facebook is suddenly full of politicians again.. there's an old woman in the gym now who's really upset about it. Brexit was meant to be the worst thing to happen to us, yet our economy has grown.. Trump might be what America needs right now.

I'm not American but followed it pretty closely. There's a big push for civic nationalism as a counter to the democrat's identity politics, but I think the main driving force was a giant fuck you to globalism, establishment corruption & the mainstream media. The alternative media was huge this election.

There may be evidence that the fbi possess linking hillary to isis, and that both bill and hillary are pedophiles and are part of a pedophile ring/child trafficking trade.

Fuck knows what the truth is though.

I'm morbidly curious...

There's a lot of hate in the States right now.
I'm not a party voter. I vote for the person in my riding with little to no regard for who is at the top. The one thing my riding taught me is that you cannot underestimate the uneducated, rural white man.

Yeah, one person put it this way "This was a white-lash against a changing country".

Trump had a lot of the vote from the working class as he promised bringing back manufacturing. Obamacare was an issue too.

I've never understood the notion that your government is responsible for jobs. I've never bought that argument. Also, I don't know much about Obamacare but I feel like this is something that in time people would look back on and say he was a genius. Much like Tommy Douglas is here in Canada. The guy was a total outcast freak at the time he suggested universal healthcare. Now he's often voted as the greatest Canadian ever.

I'm not happy with how things turned out in Murrica, but I'm willing to accept that we need to make the best of it.

Trump had a lot of the vote from the working class as he promised bringing back manufacturing. Obamacare was an issue too.

I get that, but tariffs, is that really going to bring those jobs back and if it does, will it be worth the higher prices we'll all have to pay?

I don't think Trump will accomplish much that he promises. A lot of people just didn't want more of a status quo and wanted hope. That's what wins a lot of elections - hope that the candidate can do more than they likely will.

The problem is that we have a ton of uneducated, rural white people who are expecting him to build a wall, ship 11 million Mexicans home, fire up all the coal mines, stop every Muslim from coming into the country and nuke the middle east; these are the people I am scared of. What's going to happen when he doesn't actually mean to do all these things?

I get that, but tariffs, is that really going to bring those jobs back and if it does, will it be worth the higher prices we'll all have to pay?

Which is why I think worrying about manufacturing jobs is ridiculous. Here in Canada, our government has about a billion ways to help you get the resources you need in order to find work whether its education loans, trades training, etc... But people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that 30$/Hour job you had pressing a button on a line does not exist anymore... You'll have to return that 60000" TV you just bought and sell the boat.

The problem is that we have a ton of uneducated, rural white people who are expecting him to build a wall, ship 11 million Mexicans home, fire up all the coal mines, stop every Muslim from coming into the country and nuke the middle east; these are the people I am scared of. What's going to happen when he doesn't actually mean to do all these things?

I don't think he plans to do any of it, he has had center left views his whole life until he decided to run for the republican nomination. I think Hillary is more conservative than Trump.

I think someone will attempt to assassinate him. Srs.

I don't think he plans to do any of it, he has had center left views his whole life until he decided to run for the republican nomination. I think Hillary is more conservative than Trump.

And there lies the issue! He's stirred up this wave of people who think he is going to do that stuff.

Back