What are you reading? Sci-fi/fantasy edition

I'm reading this also. About half way through, it's starting to pick up a bit now.

Other Star Wars books I would read a bit every day until I finished it. The Ahsoka book, I'll read a bit, then won't touch it for days. Just not grabbing my attention like the others
I got about 2/3 of the way through it and gave up. It didn't have a Star Wars feel to it, more of a generic scifi type to me. It sucks because I really liked her character and had high hopes. I'm still holding out for a miniseries or a movie length animated special.
I'm going to set it aside for a couple of months and restart it.

Just got into Shatner's Tek series, I just finished Tek Lab and they're not to shabby.

51AbHg78-BL._SX307_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Definitely enjoying some good ones recently.

Last edited:
just picked up malice by john gwynne,haven't started it yet though.

91x4fchgt2L.jpg

Superb. Just finished part 1 and this story doesn't feel close to losing steam. It's an easy read for being almost 1300 pages.

The stormlight archive is the most impressive series ive read yet.

Trying to slog through all of Feists stuff after not having read any of his books in ages. Just started on the Chaos War Saga trilogy and about to throw in the towel.

Thinking of reading Sandersons instead as I liked his work on the WoT series and the Mistborn trilogy.

517t3pmZnhL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Only about a third of the way thru, but I like it so far.
A brilliant engineer is sentenced to death for a petty transgression. He escapes and defects to another country, and concocts a grand scheme to be reunited with his family.
Engineers or anyone with an interest in mechanics, as well as readers who like stories with political intrigue will get a particular itch scratched by this novel.

whats it about?

I never got round to reading it bro but it sounds interesting

The novel chronicles the travels and perils of Freya Nakamichi-47, a gynoid in a distant future in which humanity is extinct and a near-feudal android society has spread throughout the Solar System. Wealthy and self-indulgent "aristos" own and have enslaved most of the populace; the remaining "free" androids struggle to keep themselves independent and can rarely afford the exorbitant costs of interplanetary travel. Freya, a robotic courtesan designed to please humans but activated a century after their mysterious extinction, is considered obsolete and works menial jobs to survive. When she offends an aristo and needs to escape off-world, she accepts a job as a courier for the mysterious Jeeves Corporation and becomes embroiled in a complex and dangerous war among factions conspiring against each other for control of society

I never got round to reading it bro but it sounds interesting

BTW zer why havent you joined us on my channel....

i like the book. ive been doing warhammer and elite dangerous audio books

Wasn't impressed by the kingkiller chronicle,just started the game of thrones books.

Recently finished a scanner darkly (great btw). Now onto Do androids dream of electric sheep.

Really solves some of the screenplay issues in blade runner plus has general more phil dick acid trippiness (in the movie Harrison ford is clearly inferior to those he is hunting, in the book the writing keeps things vague, does he take out Leon because the death of a colleague gave him fore-warning or does he have replicant reflexes)?

A fair few of the lines from the movie are ripped straight from the book, which gives them a lot more context.

Crazy how this book later inspired the look of cyberpunk (with a little help from the film heavy metal). You can def see how dick's post apoc world (envisaged in the 60s) turned into 80s cyberpunk, with many of blade runners famous elements being inspired directly from the novel).

I've been too busy to really make the time, but been very slowly edging my way through Robin Hobb's Fool's Fate (the second one in the trilogy... I think it's Fate).

Also waiting for the third Kvothe book - Kingkiller. What's going on there?

I'm not reading right now as I'm writing a fantasy novel. Just did 26k last month and working on 50k this month.
50k words? Wow that is great. How many words a day do you average? I have a FanFiction i am working that is at 86k words and some times i find it so hard to get the motivation to just type lol.

I know nothing about Astro-Physics, so I decided to purchase this:
51kyOGIHeIL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

United States of Japan.

Alternate history with mechs and such. Fairly shallow, but pretty damn fun.

91x4fchgt2L.jpg

Superb. Just finished part 1 and this story doesn't feel close to losing steam. It's an easy read for being almost 1300 pages.

The stormlight archive is the most impressive series ive read yet.

I'm about halfway through. Taking my time reading it. I read the first two books over the summer. Not enjoying this one as much but it's still pretty good.

Back