Mark Hunt feels he had to accept Overeem fight or "let (his) family starve"

Tramero

50-0 Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I love Hunto and hope he knocks Reem out cold but man, how the fuck did he spend Lesnar's fight money already ($700k)?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-...r-doping-violation-in-mark-hunt-ufc-200-fight

Mark Hunt feels he had no choice but to accept his upcoming fight against Alistair Overeem, although that does not mean the Kiwi mixed martial arts star is tapping out in his war on doping.

Hunt revealed to Stuff that he went as far as requesting to be released from his lucrative contract, which was renewed last April, but the UFC refused to budge.

"I'm not young, I'm 42 years old. In six months I've already missed out on a couple of fights, I've already missed out on a couple million dollars," Hunt said.

"At the end of the day I've stuck to my word. I've got no option, I'm in a contract that I can't get out of.

"All the doors I've gone through are closed and it's not like I can go and work somewhere else. Ages ago I was gladly ready to walk away and work somewhere else but they wouldn't allow it.

"Think it from my position, I had no other option. I can't work anywhere else so what am I supposed to do - let my family starve?"

"Every fighter I fight, if he gets caught through the process then I'll sue him personally," he added. "If I don't get help from the company I'll do it myself."

Asked if the USADA ban was sufficient, he said: "No. I didn't even think the other (NSAC) penalty was harsh enough. He got a $250,000 fine but he made about $2 million bucks so how did it actually affect him?

"They (dopers) should be struck from the records and taken everything off them. They don't deserve to get a cent. This sport is already harsh enough as it is. When you add in steroid use it makes it even worse."

IMG_0237.PNG

They'd be the first family to starve in first class.

Spending your money on frivolous lawsuits may be why your family doesn't have food.

"I'll sue" Pathetic.

Well, he could make a good enforcer for collecting gambling debts or maybe even a pimp if the whole fighting thing doesn't work out.

Nobody want's to see an angry Mark Hunt knocking at their door.

all of you shut your fucking whore mouths

Mark Hunt is AWESOME. He needs that money to raise a family of one punch ko fucking slayers.

Hey Coleman, can you give me that $4000 back?

Maybe he shouldn't have blown through all the money he made fighting Brock.

betamax city up in this bitch

"omg mark hunt complains,omg,what a complainer,he tried to sue lesnar omg omg"

nerd.jpg

Dude hunt got serious brain damage from the Brock fight.

I honestly think he wakes up screaming no Brock no....

You guys don't realise how much a Samoan family eats.. He needs that paycheck!

For all the fighters who get so much hate for bitching and crying Mark Hunt seems to get a pass. I like watching him fight, never cared about his personality either way

Definitely miss Hunto when he was cool and quiet.

Definitely hoping Reem wins again.

Either he is the worst money manager on the planet or this is an incredible cow patty of a rationalization.

Luckily for Mark, he has the power to one shot KO Overeem.

Back