Nintendo just can't compete at the top any more with consoles.

BR701

Don't give me number one bullshit
@Green
Reaction score
It's a sad day today, I realised that Nintendo just can't compete with the other home consoles. They don't even try. They deliberately make consoles that are underpowered so they don't have to compete on an even playing field.

I grew up where they were the top dog battling it out with Sega from the master system through to the 32x and to a lesser extent Atari then later the Jaguar, Neo geo etc.

But since the N64 it's become obvious that they just can't compete on equal footing, and it's resulted in all these gimmicky things they keep coming up with.

The Switch is likely the nail in the coffin unfortunately, as they're too scared to try and compete at the top.

Last edited:
A lot of people on this very forum enjoy their Wii U in spite of the awful sales.

A lot of people on this very forum have either pre-ordered The Switch or look forward to what it has to offer. (my gf pre-ordered one, so I'm fine with waiting to order mine)

A lot of people on this very forum actually like playing handheld systems, and the fact that The Switch can be played on a TV whilst featuring improved graphics is pretty cool.

In terms of the Nintendo 64...whereas that system was HORRIBLE in terms of RPG's, there are blockbuster RPG's that are coming to The Switch. (mind you, the N64 was a great system overall)

Oh...wait a minute...you said that Nintendo has suffered ever since the N64... What about The GameCube? That system featured some pretty awesome games. The GameCube = under-rated.

Also, the original Wii was a HUGE success...in spite of the pretty gimmicky aspect of it.

Please note: I would not brand the Wii as "gimmicky" if they utilized the motion controls to a better extent, as they left SO many rad concepts on the table...

...luckily The Switch can pick up where they left off, (with games such as ARMS) but overall, hope the Joycons aren't used for the sake of being used.

Lastly, I don't know why you're saying that Nintendo is too "scared" to compete... What do you mean by that?

If anything, they are being OVERZEALOUS with the The Switch and it's MANY features... What they are doing is pretty fucking BOLD...but the greater the risk...the greater the potential reward.

In the end, it may succeed or it may fail, but they are doing it on their terms.

The Wii U was a HUGE financial flop, but there are still some great games that came out for it.

At the very LEAST I think The Switch will do FAR better than the Wii U...but we shall see.

Last edited:
...luckily The Switch can pick up where they left off, (with games such as ARMS) but overall, hope the Joycons aren't used for the sake of being used.

IMO that ARMS game just proves how out of touch they are with gamers.

The Switch doesn't interest me at all.

If i want a portable game, its on my cell.

Kinda funny seeing a guy who hates Nintendo and won´t buy the switch bump every single Nintendo thread in here.

Kinda funny seeing a guy who hates Nintendo and won´t buy the switch bump every single Nintendo thread in here.
When have I ever said I hate nintendo?

You must mean someone else. I created this thread, not bump it.

I like nintendo. Pre Wii especially. I hate the direction they are going.

IMO that ARMS game just proves how out of touch they are with gamers.
Shut up, it's groundbreaking. Like creating an underpowered home console with a 5 inch screen. Fuck looking at my 55" telly!

The Nintendo Switch will be the victor in this upcoming console wars, aren't you tired of your cod or gta games already?

It would sadden me to see Nintendo go, but I wish they would just port their exclusives to Xbox and PlayStation. Their last good system was the GameCube. If the Switch turns out to be a decent Console I might buy one used at Gamestop a couple of years down the road, but as of right now it doesn't interest me.

Most adult gamers could give fuck all about portable gaming unless they're playing trivia or some shit on their phone.

It would sadden me to see Nintendo go, but I wish they would just port their exclusives to Xbox and PlayStation. Their last good system was the GameCube. If the Switch turns out to be a decent Console I might buy one used at Gamestop a couple of years down the road, but as of right now it doesn't interest me.

Most adult gamers could give fuck all about portable gaming unless they're playing trivia or some shit on their phone.

The GameCube was a very under-rated system.

A lot of people on this very forum enjoy their Wii U in spite of the awful sales.

A lot of people on this very forum have either pre-ordered The Switch or look forward to what it has to offer. (my gf pre-ordered one, so I'm fine with waiting to order mine)

A lot of people on this very forum actually like playing handheld systems, and the fact that The Switch can be played on a TV whilst featuring improved graphics is pretty cool.

In terms of the Nintendo 64...whereas that system was HORRIBLE in terms of RPG's, there are blockbuster RPG's that are coming to The Switch. (mind you, the N64 was a great system overall)

Oh...wait a minute...you said that Nintendo has suffered ever since the N64... What about The GameCube? That system featured some pretty awesome games. The GameCube = under-rated.

Also, the original Wii was a HUGE success...in spite of the pretty gimmicky aspect of it.

Please note: I would not brand the Wii as "gimmicky" if they utilized the motion controls to a better extent, as they left SO many rad concepts on the table...

Lastly, I don't know why you're saying that Nintendo is too "scared" to compete... What do you mean by that?

If anything, they are being OVERZEALOUS with the The Switch and it's MANY features... What they are doing is pretty fucking BOLD...but the greater the risk...the greater the potential reward.

In the end, it may succeed or it may fail, but they are doing it on their terms.

The Wii U was a HUGE financial flop, but there are still some great games that came out for it.

At the very LEAST I think The Switch will do FAR better than the Wii U...but we shall see.

The Wii wasn't a success in spite of being a gimmick. It was a success because it WAS a gimmick. And the GameCube isn't under rated. It had a couple good games, everyone knows this. Meanwhile the PS2 killed it.

The GameCube was a very under-rated system.

I never had the first Xbox, but I had a PS2 and a GameCube and I thought the Game Cube was superior. When I was in the Army and stationed in Kuwait I had brought my GameCube with me. I think I was the only one to have one on that post though; becuase the store that was on base was selling all of the brand new GameCube games for around $3-$5, so I bought them all.

I must have had about 120 physical games for that system. I'm kind of pissed at myself for not hanging on to it though. When I got my 360 I traded in my GameCube and all of the games for it at a Play and Trade.

The Wii wasn't a success in spite of being a gimmick. It was a success because it WAS a gimmick. And the GameCube isn't under rated. It had a couple good games, everyone knows this. Meanwhile the PS2 killed it.

The thing that sucked about the GameCube is that it would sometimes miss out on games. My PS2 broke and I didn't get another one because I had a GameCube and just stuck with that. I remember being pissed about Rocky Legends, PrideFC, and K-1, because they were never on the GameCube.

But having owned both I thought the GamCube out performed the PS2 and had the better Controller, the only things the PS2 had going for it at the time was a bigger game library and the ability to play DVD's.

Back