• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dirty Donald goes Full Fascist and threatens UC Berkley's freedom of speech

Da Left Cross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ne...http://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile
Dirty Donald threatens to cut UC's federal funding over cancelling his boy toy Milo's speaking engagement. Indefensible facism.

EDIT: alright since it seems most of you alt right dumbfucks failed grade 6 social studies let me enlighten you: freedom of speech only entails your speech being protected from the government. That's it. If a private university cancels a a guest speakers appearance it literally has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech. Trump is threatening to use the governments power and influence to force UC to give up its right to disinvite Milo, which is a form of free speech. So, Trump = the government. Government coercing an institution of higher learning to do its bidding = government intefering with freedom of speech, which is facism. Fuck guys crack a fucking book once in your lives.

Last edited:
Your for free speach as long as it's speach you a proved of.

Specht is one thing physically attacking people to prevent them from speaking is the opposite.

If the college and the police did what they should to protect the people that wanted to hear the speach I would say Trump was wrong.

If the left wants violence in these situations and the people that wanted tomhear the speach are not being protected Then the people shoup protect themselfs by whatever means nessarry.

This is coming people are getting tired of being attacked and it being allowed.

I have no interest in going to one of his speaches but if I wanted to and was attacked I would do what was nessarry. You will see this start to happen.

Specht is one thing physically attacking people to prevent them from speaking is the opposite.

If the college and the police did what they should to protect the people that wanted to hear the speach I would say Trump was wrong.

If the left wants violence in these situations and the people that wanted tomhear the speach are not being protected Then the people shoup protect themselfs by whatever means nessarry.

I have no interest in going to one of his speaches but if I wanted to and was attacked I would do what was nessarry. You will see this start to happen.

You just have no idea what you're talking about.

tumblr_n80bakoGgp1tw5bhko1_400.gif

So by promoting equality, free speech, and exchange of ideas over violent censorship, Trump is a fascist?

Berkley is free to become a breeding ground for radical leftwing anarchists if they want, but the government doesn't have to subsidize it.

You just have no idea what you're talking about.

Look at what has happened at this guy's speaches in the past at some places.

I'm not sure if Trump can or even should cut off any money.

However preventing speach by acts of violence is wrong and can and should backfire on the people doing it.

He threatened their funding. And even that statement is a bit of a strech.

How many flat out false threads are you going to make?

Imagine a black speaker coming to campus to speak about violence against blacks...and the KKK showed up, attacked and hospitalized a bunch of his supporters, and burned campus down till his talk was cancelled by the university, who then go on to praise the KKK for their enthusiasm.

Lol at UC's free speech being threatened. Rioting, destroying and preventing free speech is not free speech.

You mean, he is going to cut their funding for violating freedom of speech? Good for him.

So a conservative is scheduled to give a speech at Cal Berk so Libs destroy the venue so appearance is now canceled but Donald is the fascist. Sounds logical.

The Executive doesn't have the power of the purse. He can't put condition on funds, only Congress can do that. He is such a bloviating buffoon, I honestly don't think he realizes this. Or cares. The party which claims to respect 'checks and balances' and adores 'federalism' has thrown it all out the window with this clown.

Oh, and all these liberal pansies rioting over offensive speech are attacking the very heart of our first amendment. Suck it up. Move on with your life and go sip a latte.

Even if he could, he doesn't need to cut funding. We just need policemen to do their fucking job and not let rioters physically attack random people.

I would think Berkeley would welcome the destruction of free speech. Sounds like a deal can be made here.

I say conservative speakers should try to book gigs at Berkley every weekend. In a few months the entire campus will be burned down.

So by promoting equality, free speech, and exchange of ideas over violent censorship, Trump is a fascist?

Berkley is free to become a breeding ground for radical leftwing anarchists if they want, but the government doesn't have to subsidize it.
THIS

Looks to me like this Berkely lot are the very cancer that restricts free speech.

Close the mother-fucker-down!

fucking bored students with no life goals.

I hope that you use those words in sarcasm, there was only one set of fascists in Berkeley and it wasn't the Trump supporters.

Back