James White Deserves Superbowl MVP...

The hell are you babbling about? Make an actual point or GTFO.
I've made coherent points across two threads and you're some combination of too stupid and too proud (while being a massive cock along the way) to admit it: the calls early in the game weren't all accurate and points and plays matter at all times. You tried to call me crazy for making a valid critique of refereeing cause you love deriding people on the internet and were loving the score, then ended up looking foolish when my grievances became relevant to the final outcome.

Brady was on point for most of the second half which is what mattered most. When most players were crumble in that situation, his throws were pin point. What throws are you tallking about?

Well, he did throw some incompletions when he had wide open receivers and threw a pass in the endzone that should have been picked off.

Well, he did throw some incompletions when he had wide open receivers and threw a pass in the endzone that should have been picked off.

He missed Edelman once at the very beginning of the second half. What other throws did he miss?

The pass was not very close to being intercepted either. Ryan's throw on the insane Julio Jones catch a few minutes earlier had, arguably, a greater chance of being picked.

Brady was on point for most of the second half which is what mattered most. When most players were crumble in that situation, his throws were pin point. What throws are you tallking about?
Off the top of my head; the near pick that he threw that Edelman made an amazing catch on and the near pick he threw in the end zone to Vic Beasley right before White ran it in for the win.

That's your opinion. But I just don't see the logic in that.

For the QB to get 466 yards, somebody has to catch the ball, and some of those yards are gained after the catch by breaking tackles and making moves.

Tom played ok in the second half, but he was a liability in the first. In fact, he was letting the team down by being so terrible. The team gave him a chance to redeem himself, and he gets the MVP. Weird.

I watch other sports from across the world. Liabilities don't get man of the match, just because of momentary good play.

Man of the match is the player who is world class throughout the game.
There were 6 players for the Patriots who had 50+ receiving yards. Julian Edelman had 87 yards and made the most crucial catch, one of the greatest of all time. They had more yards per catch. White racked up yards on easy check down passes and screen passes. The passes that JE11 and Amendola were making had a much greater degree of difficulty and came at more crucial times. You give White a ton of credit for scoring 3 TD and all that, but Brady is the clear MVP. He's had more Super Bowl-winning drives than any other QB in history, and it's not something that's easy to do, even for all-time greats at that position.

Started the rewatch. But that 15 yard scramble down 28-3 from the 36 on 3rd & 8 was crucial from Brady. Think White had one play that went for longer and the TD he scored on that drive was a cake walk.

Off the top of my head; the near pick that he threw that Edelman made an amazing catch on and the near pick he threw in the end zone to Vic Beasley right before White ran it in for the win.
That wasn't a near pick. It wasn't a bad throw at all, Beasley, who's a beast, made a great play just to get his fingertips on the ball. But there was no fucking way he was catching that, and most guys wouldn't have even got a finger on it. That's a TD against most defensive players.

I've made coherent points across two threads and you're some combination of too stupid and too proud (while being a massive cock along the way) to admit it: the calls early in the game weren't all accurate and points and plays matter at all times. You tried to call me crazy for making a valid critique of refereeing cause you love deriding people on the internet and were loving the score, then ended up looking foolish when my grievances became relevant to the final outcome.

LOL, you spent the the first half crying about the refs, then disappeared as the Pats fall even further behind and then conveniently reappeared once the Pats came back, you Brady cuck.

I posted:
I'm going to wait until the game is decided before voting. I don't trust the Falcans that much.

when the Failcans were well ahead. Fuck outta here with your weak shit.

The fact you don't know if these count makes me question whether you've watched enough football to make an accurate assessment at all. But yes, all yards gained from throws count. They record YAC (yards after catch), which would show how many were in the air vs. after the completions. I don't recall too many plays where the receivers broke it for huge gains after catching it.
I am not really a stats guy, because sports stats are descriptive, you can't really infer anything from them, because nobody is doing the statistical tests to help us infer anything from them.

Especially in a sport like American Football with so many moving parts. The so call experts just throw empty stats at us, but who is actually doing the tests to prove that one piece is more significant than another?

The idea that the QB is the default best player on the team is just an opinion based on ignorance.

I was rooting for Tom Brady to separate himself even further from Peyton Manning. The only salt I feel from this victory is Brady winning MVP over James White, a player I believe carried the offense on his back.

As soon as Belicheck put his faith on James White, the team pulled through. James White was the MVP.

Tom accounted for 466 yards of offense ffs

Those last 2 drives -the one to tie, and the one in OT to win -were phenomenal on Brady's end. The stuff that legends are made of.

So? He also accounted for 82 yards for the Failcans. They both accounted for 3 TDs, but 1 of Brady's was for Atlanta. He threw the ball 600 times, he should have a ton of yards. They were down big so they had to throw a ton. His QB rating was rather pedestrian for the SB.

So Brady spots them a TD and still beats them?

That's greatness right there.

There were 6 players for the Patriots who had 50+ receiving yards. Julian Edelman had 87 yards and made the most crucial catch, one of the greatest of all time. They had more yards per catch. White racked up yards on easy check down passes and screen passes. The passes that JE11 and Amendola were making had a much greater degree of difficulty and came at more crucial times. You give White a ton of credit for scoring 3 TD and all that, but Brady is the clear MVP. He's had more Super Bowl-winning drives than any other QB in history, and it's not something that's easy to do, even for all-time greats at that position.

People were shitting on those 2 for their drops. Edelman was targeted 13 times, but only had 5 catches. Edelman was shit outside of his lucky catch. White was breaking tackles, making moves, showed up in all quarters, and made the game-winning TD by a hair.

It almost always goes to the QB.
And FFS, Brady set not just SB but playoff records tonight.

Oh well, too much of a Brady cuckfest in here. Had it been someone like Jay Cutler with that performance, then people would have been looking to give the MVP to anyone else.

It almost always goes to the QB.
And FFS, Brady set not just SB but playoff records tonight.

He had the 40th highest QB rating in SB history
Passing yards is one of the more overrated stats out there. Kirk Cousins thew for like 8,000 yards this season. Is it any surprise that someone had the most passing yards in the super-pass heavy era of the NFL on about 212 attempts?

Oh well, too much of a Brady cuckfest in here. Had it been someone like Jay Cutler with that performance, then people would have been looking to give the MVP to anyone else.

Jay Cutler would have to be another person to have a game like that.

I am not really a stats guy, because sports stats are descriptive, you can't really infer anything from them, because nobody is doing the statistical tests to help us infer anything from them.

Especially in a sport like American Football with so many moving parts. The so call experts just throw empty stats at us, but who is actually doing the tests to prove that one piece is more significant than another?

The idea that the QB is the default best player on the team is just an opinion based on ignorance.

I was rooting for Tom Brady to separate himself even further from Peyton Manning. The only salt I feel from this victory is Brady winning MVP over James White, a player I believe carried the offense on his back.

As soon as Belicheck put his faith on James White, the team pulled through. James White was the MVP.
That's an inaccurate description. QB is the most important position, but the QB is not necessarily the best player on the team. But it's very hard to win without a good QB. For example, the Texans are a great team except for the QB position. They overpaid Brock O. and he canned out on them. If they get a good QB they're competing for a Super Bowl. But without one, they're one and done. That's why the QB is the most important position. Without Aaron Rodgers, the Packers are going 4-12. With him, they went 10-6 and got to the NFC Championship.

He had the 40th highest QB rating in SB history
Passing yards is one of the more overrated stats out there. Kirk Cousins thew for like 8,000 yards this season. Is it any surprise that someone had the most passing yards in the super-pass heavy era of the NFL on about 212 attempts?
Are you talking about passer rating or ESPN's stupid QBR?
Peyton certainly didn't deserve it in SB41 and he had a rating of only 81.8 (25/38, 247 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception).

People were shitting on those 2 for their drops. Edelman was targeted 13 times, but only had 5 catches. Edelman was shit outside of his lucky catch. White was breaking tackles, making moves, showed up in all quarters, and made the game-winning TD by a hair.
It wasn't just dumb luck by JE11 on that catch. It took an amazing amount of concentration and will. JE11 is the real deal. Underrated and underpaid. Takes nothing away from White. He had the best game besides Brady. But they don't win that game without Brady. His passer rating in the 4th quarter and overtime was insane.

Back