OFFICIAL (Sanctioned) GGG/Jacobs PBP Thread

huh, he'd had knee surgeries and was wearing braces and clearly had problems with his legs.
Cottos S & C guy, I do believe it was that Gavin McMillan guy, even commented about his knees in the 24/7 episodes.
Dont even try to ignore coming into that fight most people were picking Sexy to cruise through "little Cotto". All of a sudden after the fight that was all we heard about that being why he got his ass whooped. Everyone knew about his knees before the fight and chose to ignore it. U til after he got rolled.

Seriously why is it ok for a fighter to skip a weigh in, and one that is over 24 hours before the fight? Why aren't weigh ins on fight night? Why can't we have fighters competing on even terms instead of manipulating weight to gain competitive advantage? This seems so common sense but I guess that's why its not happening in this sport.

I want to see the best fighters who weigh the same ON FIGHT NIGHT compete so we can see who is the most skilled and talented at a given weight. It's mind boggling this doesn't happen. We have guys carving out careers in large part through weight games.

Not doing the day of weigh-in means nothing whatsoever at all. Danny made weight like every fighter is supposed to do. Just because ONE belt wants fighters to get on the scale a day later and pay their belt a HUGE sanctioning fee doesn't mean a fucking thing. Danny didn't want that belt so why pay them more than what most people make in a YEAR and hop on the scale AGAIN when he doesn't have to? That would be pretty damn stupid. If Danny wins he gets Canelo so he doesn't need that belt. If he loses he moves up so he doesn't need that belt. Throwing away money and risking your health by staying drained for another 24 hours makes no sense.

The reason you don't weigh in on fight night is because you cut weight by cutting hydration which means you are removing the liquid protecting your brain from smashing into your skull which means if you are dehydrated on fight night you can easily die. Many of the boxers who have died in the past were drained and had trouble re-hydrating in time for the fight.

Dont even try to ignore coming into that fight most people were picking Sexy to cruise through "little Cotto". All of a sudden after the fight that was all we heard about that being why he got his ass whooped. Everyone knew about his knees before the fight and chose to ignore it. U til after he got rolled.
That pisses me off that people act like they knew Sergio had no shot. I pointed that out repeatedly before that fight, that Sergio had physical issues and everyone said he was still too much for Cotto.

His knee was so bad he could barely train. When was the last time you saw somebody fight with a legit mechanical brace????? That tells you everything you need to know right there.

Forget about Jacobs.... Marquez will probably starch Cotto. Danny Jacobs won't fight 160 again. That was a great performance by Jacobs, but he knows he'll be better served by moving up.

Thats not true. He could of skipped it for other very plausible reasons.
-Not required
-Saved him a lot of money
-Gave him an advantage in the fight
Those are 3 verified reasons why he could of skipped the weigh ins BY CHOICE.
So what he was the bigger guy. Everyone knew that before the figjt was ever announced.
Yup, everyone knew GGG is barely 5'11" and Danny is almost 6'2". Everyone knew Danny walks around close to 190 or more when out of training, and still he was supposed to get steamrolled by GGG. Until the 10th and he's looking like he could steal the win. All of a sudden after his size is why GGG hadnt stamped him out? Lol...

I missed too much to have a score but i felt like Jacobs won it and GGG got a gift. Will be interesting reading to catch up on this thread

That pisses me off that people act like they knew Sergio had no shot. I pointed that out repeatedly before that fight, that Sergio had physical issues and everyone said he was still too much for Cotto.

Why do you guys gotta bring up fights I called wrong in a thread about a fight I called wrong?

<{boneytears}>

Exactly!

Yup, everyone knew GGG is barely 5'11" and Danny is almost 6'2". Everyone knew Danny walks around close to 190 or more when out of training, and still he was supposed to get steamrolled by GGG. Until the 10th and he's looking like he could steal the win. All of a sudden after his size is why GGG hadnt stamped him out? Lol...
He was gaining like 2 pounds a round in their eyes after GGG didnt stop him in the 4th....lmao

The thread and poll is still here. It should be reposted everytime people claim that was a meaningless win for Cotto.

Jacobs was a HW picking on a FW. He should be ashamed.

His knee was so bad he could barely train. When was the last time you saw somebody fight with a legit mechanical brace????? That tells you everything you need to know right there.
Riiiiight, so you called a Cotto win?

WHy are people trying to make excuses for GGG? He won thats all that counts tbh.

What are you even talking about. The only one saying

How bout you don't ignore that his knees clearly buckled in that fight. And was wearing knee brace all training and cotto had an injured fighter going in and still took 9 rounds to get the win on a retirement.

When you're getting starched by "little manny" and having life and death struggles with Torres you're not going to survive Danny Jacobs at 160.

WHy are people trying to make excuses for GGG? He won thats all that counts tbh.

It's not on Golovkin, but his fans have a grand narrative to uphold. They have to continue to put time in on it.

The thread and poll is still here. It should be reposted everytime people claim that was a meaningless win for Cotto.
Please post the link, Im on my phone amd cant do it.

Not doing the day of weigh-in means nothing whatsoever at all. Danny made weight like every fighter is supposed to do. Just because ONE belt wants fighters to get on the scale a day later and pay their belt a HUGE sanctioning fee doesn't mean a fucking thing. Danny didn't want that belt so why pay them more than what most people make in a YEAR and hop on the scale AGAIN when he doesn't have to? That would be pretty damn stupid. If Danny wins he gets Canelo so he doesn't need that belt. If he loses he moves up so he doesn't need that belt. Throwing away money and risking your health by staying drained for another 24 hours makes no sense.

The reason you don't weigh in on fight night is because you cut weight by cutting hydration which means you are removing the liquid protecting your brain from smashing into your skull which means if you are dehydrated on fight night you can easily die. Many of the boxers who have died in the past were drained and had trouble re-hydrating in time for the fight.

Thank you for this explanation. However it would be a very simple then for fighters to fight at their natural weight (at risk of dying). That would lead to the best competition, which is obviously what sport including boxing is all about.

Back