OFFICIAL (Sanctioned) GGG/Jacobs PBP Thread

It was a cynical calculation on Jacobs part, nothing more nothing less. He didn't think he could win without a very significant weight advantage, so much so that he was willing to leave a belt on the table.
And even with the weight advantage (which i have no problem with) he still lost.
Jacobs camp had already said he wants to fight at 168, if he gives zero fucks about the belt, then there's nothing cynical, just business. He still won.

It was a cynical calculation on Jacobs part, nothing more nothing less. He didn't think he could win without a very significant weight advantage, so much so that he was willing to leave a belt on the table.
And even with the weight advantage (which i have no problem with) he still lost.

Why is this the go to? Talk about cynicism. Maybe Golovkin struggled with someone who can actually box? Holy shit.

This is in reply to your post Sunfish. Jacobs moving to 168...

Yeah i don't buy that. Not with Canelo at 160 (164?). The big money between 154 and 168 is at Caneloweight. But Supermiddleweight probably is Jacobs plan B.

Yeah i don't buy that. Not with Canelo at 160 (164?). The big money between 154 and 168 is at Caneloweight. But Supermiddleweight probably is Jacobs plan B.

What? Jacobs is going to go to 168 after Golovkin and maybe Canelo, but what are you saying? He can make the weight and be the fresher man in round 12. What else do you want from him? Did Golovkin not struggle with a good boxer? No, he did more than struggle, he got beat.

This is in reply to your post Sunfish. Jacobs moving to 168...

Ok, you must be al haymon then.

My friend just pointed out that rounds 10-12 were scored 5 to Jacobs and 1 to golovkin. Anyone else see the fight where Jacobs won all the last three but still lost ud? I didn't

My friend just pointed out that rounds 10-12 were scored 5 to Jacobs and 1 to golovkin. Anyone else see the fight where Jacobs won all the last three but still lost ud? I didn't

I think I gave Golovkin the 11th. I'd have to re-check my scoring, though.

Ok, you must be al haymon then

:D
But in all seriousness Jacobs looked stronger, and more durable, than I've ever seen him look. I'm actually a fan of his as he's a good guy, good fighter, and fellow new yorker. I do hope he moves to SMW as it looks like it might be the right move for his career now that he's found his ceiling at MW.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the judging. Ward Kova fight the judges went the other way, with the boxer, not the guy coming forward. Jacobs lost.

Daniel admits here he skipped the IBF weigh in because he didn't want to be restricted to 170 lbs and wanted to use the size advantage.

which one? I had Kova winning because of the KD and pretty much the same here.

I think I may have even giving it 115-112 to GGG. I just think lots of Jacobs stuff was hitting gloves.

Nothing wrong with the judging. Ward Kova fight the judges went the other way, with the boxer, not the guy coming forward. Jacobs lost.
You're seriously saying giving Jacobs the last three rounds and him losing 115-112 is alright?

which one? I had Kova winning because of the KD and pretty much the same here.

I think I may have even giving it 115-112 to GGG. I just think lots of Jacobs stuff was hitting gloves.

I don't want to dismiss your score, but that seems awful wide.

Back