OFFICIAL (Sanctioned) GGG/Jacobs PBP Thread

not really. Its just 7 rounds to 5. I can see it 6-6 but GGG still wins because of the KD

Fair. I had it fairly wide for Jacobs, but I said I'd take a night to sleep and re-evaluate the score tomorrow.

Fair. I had it fairly wide for Jacobs, but I said I'd take a night to sleep and re-evaluate the score tomorrow.
Either way I think Danny did well and came out of the fight looking good. I still think he kind of blew some rounds he shouldnt have, even his trainer was yelling at him in the corner he was making those rounds closer than what he could have.

Id take Danny in the rematch but suspect GGG will pass on that, try and get his big payday and sail off into the sunset win or lose vs Canelo. Maybe do a cash grab vs Saunders in the UK inbetween.

Either way I think Danny did well and came out of the fight looking good. I still think he kind of blew some rounds he shouldnt have, even his trainer was yelling at him in the corner he was making those rounds closer than what he could have.

Id take Danny in the rematch but suspect GGG will pass on that, try and get his big payday and sail off into the sunset win or lose vs Canelo. Maybe do a cash grab vs Saunders in the UK inbetween.

He can't avoid the rematch. He has to KO Danny just to regain his old mystique.

Provided Canelo beats Chavez and yesterday's numbers are decent, I can see Team Canelo going after GGG. Golovkin didn't really look invincible, he still has his 0 and the Jacobs win makes him a bigger draw.

Provided Canelo beats Chavez and yesterday's numbers are decent, I can see Team Canelo going after GGG. Golovkin didn't really look invincible, he still has his 0 and the Jacobs win makes him a bigger draw.

He should rematch Jacobs, but that's likely how it will happen.

Mixed emotions, here. I do agree he should grant Jacobs a rematch, as I think Danny won the fight. However the earlier GGG fights Canelo, the better. I really want to see this fight with Golovkin not too far from his prime.

With similar gameplan and conditionning than yesterday Jacobs beats Canelo by UD, IMO. GGG-Canelo's outcome is way less predictable. Plus it would pretty much be a barnburner, as Alvarez has no way out but counterpunch the hell out of GGG.

Mixed emotions, here. I do agree he should grant Jacobs a rematch, as I think Danny won the fight. However the earlier GGG fights Canelo, the better. I really want to see this fight with Golovkin not too far from his prime.

With similar gameplan and conditionning than yesterday Jacobs beats Canelo by UD, IMO. GGG-Canelo's outcome is way less predictable. Plus it would pretty much be a barnburner, as Alvarez has no way out but counterpunch the hell out of GGG.

I think GGG will be all over a Canelo fight at this point. I hope Danny doesn't get passed up.

Jacobs beats Canelo fairly easily. I thought he beat GGG fairly clean tonight. If he boxes to his potential he's the best MW since Hopkins.

To be completely fair to GGG, he did say he would give us a rematch. He's going to chase to chase the Canelo fight first though (we are too) but given the difficulty they've had in talks hopefully we get it next. He is a class act and I don't have anything negative to say about him.

Obviously like a lot of people I thought that we won the fight. Haven't read through all the threads but as I said before the fight don't go the route of calling GGG overrated. He's not. He's a great fighter. We got a bad decision but that isn't his fault. I do appreciate everyone who supported the fight and Danny.

If anything, with a L yesterday but a very solid performance Jacobs is the embodiment of a high risk / low reward fight for Canelo. I'd say it's unlikely to see him fight Alvarez soon. The question is : how long will he keep killing himself cutting to 160, waiting for a shot at Canelo ? I can see him rule at SMW but the money won't be nearly as good. I hope RR will give us a few insights.

Edit : holy crap. And all of a sudden RR shows up.

Last edited:
To be completely fair to GGG, he did say he would give us a rematch. He's going to chase to chase the Canelo fight first though (we are too) but given the difficulty they've had in talks hopefully we get it next. He is a class act and I don't have anything negative to say about him.

Obviously like a lot of people I thought that we won the fight. Haven't read through all the threads but as I said before the fight don't go the route of calling GGG overrated. He's not. He's a great fighter. We got a bad decision but that isn't his fault. I do appreciate everyone who supported the fight and Danny.

Danny won the fight. Hopefully GGG takes the rematch. In every round you saw Danny lookin far beyond GGG. He isn't scared of a goddamn thing and it should have been his night in his hometown, but something tells me that someone who had to go through chemo day after day had the patience to wait for his real day, and he'll see it. Reminds me of Mario Lemieux.

Classy, as was Danny. I can see how gutted you guys can feel after such an outcome. It looks like most hardcore fans saw Danny winning this. Great conditionning and gameplan, unquestionably, which means some people did a pretty good job. Let's hope Danny is rewarded with decent purses in a near future.

If anything, with a L yesterday but a very solid performance Jacobs is the embodiment of a high risk / low reward fight for Canelo. I'd say it's unlikely to see him fight Alvarez soon. The question is : how long will he keep killing himself cutting to 160, waiting for a shot at Canelo ? I can see him rule at SMW but the money won't be nearly as good. I hope RR will give us a few insights.

Edit : holy crap. And all of a sudden RR shows up.

He's not staying at 60 much longer. I said that on here over a year ago. The only reason he is still there is because there is a lot of money for GGG and Canelo fights (and possible rematches). To put things in perspective, Danny was 183 in the ring when he fought Ishe Smith on the undercard of JMM/Diaz. That was a little more than 6 years ago

Haha. We went out and had some fun after the fight. Good way to avoid being pissed off. It did help that GGG is so cool. He gave us a lot of credit. That's why instead of just bitching about decision I want to give him credit too. I think honestly he didn't think he won the fight.

He's not staying at 60 much longer. I said that on here over a year ago. The only reason he is still there is because there is a lot of money for GGG and Canelo fights (and possible rematches). To put things in perspective, Danny was 183 in the ring when he fought Ishe Smith on the undercard of JMM/Diaz. That was a little more than 6 years ago

Haha. We went out and had some fun after the fight. Good way to avoid being pissed off. It did help that GGG is so cool. He gave us a lot of credit. That's why instead of just bitching about decision I want to give him credit too. I think honestly he didn't think he won the fight.

You sure are reading alot into Golovkin being disappointed in his own performance which he absolutely had to be.
I mean -- I was rooting for Golovkin and despite thinking he won fair and square, I was disappointed with his performance.

Either way, it was a great showing by Jacobs so much congrats.

Last edited:
You sure are reading alot into Golovkin being disappointed in his own performance which he absolutely had to be.
I mean -- I was rooting for Golovkin and despite thinking he won fair and square, I was disappointed with his performance.

Either way, it was a great showing by Jacobs so much congrats.

Thanks. Let's be fair here though, Danny was the reason GGG didn't like his performance. I think we won but cool if you think GGG did. Like I said, and I genuinely mean it, no matter who you were rooting for or thought won, I appreciate you supporting the fight.

Thanks. Let's be fair here though, Danny was the reason GGG didn't like his performance. I think we won but cool if you think GGG did. Like I said, and I genuinely mean it, no matter who you were rooting for or thought won, I appreciate you supporting the fight.

No doubt. He made a lot of detractors who questioned his beard and skills, myself included, eat crow.
Great gameplan and inspired performance.
Personally i thought Jacobs lost the fight inside the first third as i had Golovkin sweeping rounds 1-4.

Like others have said though -- best wishes to Danny careerwise and otherwise.

Back