Rockhold Wants To Go Up To HW & Fight Fabricio Werdum; Plans to Settle Old Beef

Luke is a giant MW and probably walks around at 215. It's not a big jump to bulk up into HW from there.

Also who knows what he weighs right now. It's probably a good time for him to go after a fight like this.

Actually not a bad move - if he wins or shows well at least, it boosts his rep and positions him for something else.

Not the craziest idea in the world, nor impossible for him to win.

Try telling people in 2007 that one day welterweight Anthony Johnson was going to be a top light heavyweight.

How would he win?

If there is one reason that makes me think this fight is even any bit possible it's this...

CopNwz2UkAA5_XF.jpg

id watch

one of the few fights that would have me cheering for Luke.

An actual fucking fight with some real heart, goals, risks and no overlaying money grabbing agenda... I mean, if this really goes down, it will officially be the most excited I've ever been for a fight ever.

Would love to see Verdum tool Rocksalt just to see Cormier do the "Son, I am Disappoint" face.
Bisping-Rockhold-shake.png

Is he referring to a half-digested steak he needs squeezed out of his lower intestines?

So... Rockhold doesn't call out Conor, knows he's at the back of the line for a MW title shot, doesn't call out another smaller fighter, calls out a top HW and offers to step up... and he gets criticized for it? That's Sherdog for you.

I like the fight, I'd watch, and probably cheer for Rockhold. LHW is pointless for Rockhold right now, because even if Cormier can't manage to duck Rumble again, the winner's going to end up fighting Jones (even though I don't think Jones deserves it at this point).

Rockhold is the fucking man for calling out an elite heavyweight.

I like it, Rockhold is a huge middleweight. My guess would be that he comes in at around 215 pounds

Rockhold saying he can win where his teammate Cain failed.

Well, I certainly respect a man that is willing to get his ass kicked by a guy 2 weight classes higher

Back