Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game will be available on Steam as Early Access beginning March 23rd. A trailer was released, which is at best meh:

Beta again starts tomorrow for the entire weekend and ive been looking forward to it all week.

I saw people streaming this... looks exactly like H1Z1 brawl mode.

I saw people streaming this... looks exactly like H1Z1 brawl mode.

Its more of a hybrid between Dayz's loot mechanics, slightly toned done gameplay of ARMA, with netcode and PC performance similar to CSGO.

Lead developer behind it did create ARMA's Battle Royal and was once part of the team in early development for H1Z1's KoTK.

I pre-ordered it! Got it installed and ready to try out tomorrow morning when servers open up.

Its more of a hybrid between Dayz's loot mechanics, slightly toned done gameplay of ARMA, with netcode and PC performance similar to CSGO.

Lead developer behind it did create ARMA's Battle Royal and was once part of the team in early development for H1Z1's KoTK.
Cool. All of those games are very similar in gameplay execution. I compared it to H1Z1 because I've tried to black out all memory of the hours I've sunk into the (still) incomplete Day-Z standalone, and occasionally I watch Trikslyr stream H1Z1.

I compared it to H1Z1 because I've tried to black out all memory of the hours I've sunk

Yeah, i bought the H1Z1 back in summer of 2015. Uninstalled it twice because of the hitreg issues. Which was shockingly proven this week by a YouTuber. Basically KoTK is 200ms behind player actions when the player is at 40ms. For comparison CSGO 64tick and Overwatch is around 50ms when the player is at 40ms latency.

I pre-ordered it! Got it installed and ready to try out tomorrow morning when servers open up.

A 3gig patch was released early this morning for this weekends beta test. So if you installed it yesterday make sure to get the patch installed.

Happy hunting! : )

A 3gig patch was released early this morning for this weekends beta test. So if you installed it yesterday make sure to get the patch installed.

Happy hunting! : )
How are you liking it? Finally played for a few hours after the initial delay this morning.

What I've noticed so far:

-Gun sounds are absolutely trash
-hit detection is just as fucked as h1
-Game is very poorly optimized. I have a good rig and have to run this on all low settings to play smoothly
-huge lag and latency issues, especially at the start of the match
-1 v 1 engagements feel ridiculously clunky. Leave you wondering wtf happened half the time.

With all that said, the game has potential for sure and I find myself enjoying the punishment in some sick way.

Wouldn't mind trying duos! Hit me up.

How are you liking it?

Ive been suffering from OS crashes all night being caused by the game.

Besides that i like it. Gun sounds are modern and ive had zero hitreg issues. Are you aiming via third person or down ironsights?

Had a ton of fun playing on Sunday and Monday. Won three games in total this weekend. 2 solo matches, 1 duo with a random chinese guy who called me "american scum" during warmup and that was all the english he knew, lol.

Small montage someone did from the this past weekends beta:

BUMP This was released to early access on Steam today! It's currently the most streamed game on Twitch with over 140,000 people watching streams. I need a duos partner hit me up. Or we could get a Sherdog 4 man group going.

Or we could get a Sherdog 4 man group going.

Found a group of guys to squad with during the open Beta weekends. Squad games in general are rough for its tough to gear all four players. Best success weve had is by running 3 person squads.

In the top 200 in NA Solo Rankings : )

22B0E188CE8AA5776E56CDEE013D7366D4824FB9

I watched a few streamers like Frankie play it... Dayz still intrigues me more, but this defintely looks better than H1Z1.

In the top 200 in NA Solo Rankings : )

22B0E188CE8AA5776E56CDEE013D7366D4824FB9
That's nuts! You should play with me and give me some tips lol I have no problem getting kills but I like to play Rambo too much and get killed going for highlight reel shit lol.

I love this game so much now I started streaming on twitch.. Check me out if you get a chance I'm playing a lot lol

We need to get a Sherdog list together.

My Steam handle is Strychnine.

This game looks like something I'd like to play, but it appears to play rather slow paced. Is that how it is or is that just the people I've checked out?

This game looks like something I'd like to play, but it appears to play rather slow paced. Is that how it is or is that just the people I've checked out?
1. Loot
2. Try to stay alive while looting
3. Run around trying to stay alive

It's about the same game as h1z1 with improved inventory, worse hit detection and accuracy(an amazing feat), a cool ranking system, all wrapped up in one of the most poorly optimized games currently out.

But it's a blast to play with friends

It's kind of you play at your own style but the BWOD (Blue Wall Of Death) is constantly closing in. You can let people go past you and shoot them in the back or you can go ba//s out like a madman. I kinda take it as it comes. I got my first duo win the other night!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back