Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens....

Too late.

Thanos for prez

White House Press Corp, "President Thanos, how do you respond to allegations you destroyed half the universe just so you could have sex with Mistress Death?"

President Thanos, "That's just more Fake News. I respect Mistress Death. I hope we can work together to Make Titan Great Again...we're going to build a Wall, and Tony Stark is going to pay for it!"

Anyway, I'll be changing my avatar tomorrow to something Star Wars themed, in honour of Obi Wan's(Ewen McGregor's)birthday:)

It's just indicative of characters that are not engaging and that we have no attachment to. And it was almost like they tried to tick as many boxes as possible....the girl, the Latino, the black guy, the Chinese, the Indian etc etc.
They did that because why would they want us to remember them? To be mad they weren't in any more movies? If anything, it's a testament to them being effective in what they were trying to do.

Agree the pc in these movies is out of hand and this is coming from a person with a black dad and white mom.

Col Fury should not be black

Spider-Man shouldn't be black

We don't need an Asian, a black guy, a Puerto Rican dude, a Nepalese guy in Star Wars to makeup a film palatable to the multiculturalists. Or whatever liberal agenda Disney is seeding in these films.

White guys have been saving the world and the galaxy through all of the tv shows and movies of my youth. that's what I'm conditioned and use to seeing got dammit. Finn had zero charisma or chemistry he was just wrong. And I know they're going to make this fool a Jedi. We had Mace Windu who was solid but went out like a bitch at the end.

Anyway white guy hero is a great formula don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Rambo killed the entire Russian army with a bow and arrows and a knife

Han Solo every lil black kid in my hood growing up wanted to be
Han or Luke we all hated Lando Calrisian for his duplicity.

I appreciated Michal Knight, Duke, John Connor, Bo and Luke and who ever else I'm forgetting and I'm not being sarcastic or fasicious.

And then the feminine agenda

all the leads and heroes of the last two Starwars are women trying to supplant Gods natural order of the Man leads the woman submits.sigh I'm getting warroomy in the berry. Something I promised myself I wouldn't do lol.

If you head into a fire today may the force be with you bro.

Oh yeah one last thing.....All that being said I don't think the black panther should be plaid by a blond haired blue eyed Norwegian actor.
Also not black, originally. Yeah, they changed that, too.

They did that because why would they want us to remember them? To be mad they weren't in any more movies? If anything, it's a testament to them being effective in what they were trying to do.

Ha ha ha. So dumb.

They purposefully made undynamic characters, so as not to upset the audience?

Ha ha ha.

Also not black, originally. Yeah, they changed that, too.

Yeah I don't know what kind of Deal Samuel Jackson made with Satan because this dude has been in more movies playing the same guy. From what I've gleaned it's usually a five picture deal with riches, and stardom .

One taking the deal must agree to sacrifice a close family member(which will be reported as some kind of accident, or medical procedure mishap), and or romo sexual video taped orgy with conjuring ritual performed by a warlock, or a witch... (No I'm not joking)

With Samuel Jackson the dude plays the exact same guy in every picture. he has ZERO range imo. Screaming, loud ass, eye bucking black dude. And tbh his performance as a Jedi was....kinda.....it just wasn't right, or maybe natural is the better term.

Take Liam Neeson's portrayal of Qigon Jin. Liam 's presence was like you were looking at, and listening to a real life damn Jedi Knight. Stoic, powerful, humble,skilled. I don't know I just get very passionate about my Star Wars man. I get personally offended when they fuck it up.

Just bought it today for my digital collection. The daughters and I will either watch it after UConn tonight or tomorrow.

all im saying is, Snork or smoug whatever his name is better not be the rumored mysterous voice that called out to emperor palp from the outside of the galaxy.

A deployed a huge amount of imperial might outside the galaxy to find or fight whatever is out there. it better not be Snork

I liked Rogue One more than The Force Awakens.
Not because Rogue One was spectacular or anything, but simply because TFA is meaningless, with some horrid scenes and glaring plot holes or loops or repeats of previous films.

TFA was doomed from the script, which mean doomed from the get go, and there was no way of fixing it. Think of being the director and you have to make a great movie when the characters from the script are:

- A stormtrooper who is a coward, a traitor and a deserter. He sweats a lot. He also has to be cast by a black actor who is unknown.
- A cute-faced girl who is a scavenger and in 2 minutes, becoms a jedi master. She needs to have british accent, look like Keira Knightley without being Keira Knightley. So you will be making a new Jedi Knightley.
- A deformed thing who pretends to be mean while transmitting over a big hologram with the voice of a comedian. He probably looks like that because of too much meth. Not even once.
- A rat-faced emo teenager who throws tantrums and then gets molested by the cute-faced scavenger.
- The awe inspiring Captain Phasma, who in less than .3 seconds, will betray her troops, superior officers, order and the imperium in general by agreeing to help destroy their super weapon because she's being held by a fur monster, an elder counterfeiter, and who knows who else.

A for Rogue One: If they cut out all the crap, they could add some 25-45 minutes of film to Episode IV. An extended version if you may call it so.

Things which made Rogue One worse:
- Kung fu guy. They didn't get the memo? It's been 20-25 years where kung fu guys only appear in comedies or chinese-historical films. No contribution to the plot, no clear background, terrible acting and ridiculous action and fighting scenes. Even agaist stormtroopers, who are the weakest and worst fighting force in the history of the universe, stickfighting is not an option.
- Boyfriend of kung fu guy. So he was in the movie to cry when kung fu guy dies. We understand, it's some interracial love.

Diego Luna's and the girl' acting were solid. The action sequences, sans kung fu, were decent. Visual effects were good in a star-warsey-sense.
All in all it's an entertaining film and i would recommend anyone to watch it.

But had it not existed... NOBODY would care.

Watched rogue one like a week ago. TBH, thought it sucked. I cared about none of the characters and CGI Tarkin/Leia was just whorish.

Anyway, I'll be changing my avatar tomorrow to something Star Wars themed, in honour of Obi Wan's(Ewen McGregor's)birthday:)
post-43383-do-it-gif-Star-Wars-revenge-of-h5ES.gif

Wasnt Phantom Menace his first appearance?

Windu was originally meant to appear, or at least be mentioned, in the OG Star Wars triology, but the character was removed before the final draft.

Kylo Ren was my favourite part of the film. The whole point of him was he was very flawed. His inadequacy compared to Vader was perhaps the major difference between 7 and 4, imo.

People complain that it was a direct remake of A New Hope and also complain that Kylo Ren was nothing like as bad ass as Vader. Can't have it both ways.

Kylo Ren was too pathetic to take seriously.

Windu was originally meant to appear, or at least be mentioned, in the OG Star Wars triology, but the character was removed before the final draft.

Didn't know that. Even so, that would be Lucas' doing and having nothing to do with Disney, wouldn't it?

Didn't know that. Even so, that would be Lucas' doing and having nothing to do with Disney, wouldn't it?

Yes, but I think Mick means Lucas wrote him as a white character and his race was changed by Disney.

Ha ha ha. So dumb.

They purposefully made undynamic characters, so as not to upset the audience?

Ha ha ha.

They didn't need to be remembered. They were all on their way out.

Yes, but I think Mick means Lucas wrote him as a white character and his race was changed by Disney.

But I'm saying the prequels were done without Disneys involvement, right? The IP sale didn't come till after the prequel trilogy.

Back