Forum preservation thread

You guys complain about people who aren't on this forum all the time. Kickboxing promotions, journalists, etc. Why don't you ever address your gripes to them in person?

Because you complain about like 5 or so very specific persons with like almost no followers. I'm pretty sure they would discuss with you, if you start tweeting with them.

You guys complain about people who aren't on this forum all the time. Kickboxing promotions, journalists, etc. Why don't you ever address your gripes to them in person?
Who?

I made fun of a Lion Fight tweet, how is that complaining. Clearly I don't have any issue with them marketing like that as I rocked a Jo Nattawut avatar for months. I think it's hilarious.

Who else, JJ and Dave from Liverkick? We've all confronted them plenty of times.

Because you complain about like 5 or so very specific persons with like almost no followers. I'm pretty sure they would discuss with you, if you start tweeting with them.

Those are just a few guys who are representative of a much larger trend. Most self identified kickfighting fans claim to love muay thai, but don't know the first thing about it.

It certainly matters when a fight is scored based on people waiving papers in the stand with money on the line versus just straight incompetence in a judge or misjudgement of a close fight. Those aren't even compararble issues.
they don't wave papers it is all hand signs and yes they are comparable because they both have the same outcome which is people who have been around the sport decades can't tell the outcome. if anything in muaythai you can atleast ask the gamblers but you can't ask anyone at a glory event and get a for sure answer on who is actually up on the score cards. Im not claiming this is a good thing but it is the reality of the situation and you just want to ignore it. incompetence is much harder to fix than corruption

Last edited:
It's not like everything he writes hasn't been answered already but he refuses to take it in. Luckily there is an ignore button so i can avoid wasting my time again.

that's a nice fantasy world you're living in.
inorder to fix incompetence you must first find a competent person to do the training. Muaythais corruption and gambling problem could be mostly stopped tomorrow if the real people in charge made changes . To eliminate most corruption all it would take is say a lifetime ban from the sport and actual criminal charges if your even suspected of taking bribe or fixing a fight. They already have loads of guys from samarts generation and before that can bring back the old scoring and become judges. It would take much longer if tomorrow glory decided they want to properly train judges

Eliminating corruption has shown to be extremely difficult in the whole world. Thailand is a corrupt country it's not only the fighting scene

One can even argue muaythai is finally entering the entertainment phase and on the upswing with all the tv shows popping up. Max muaythai gets better ratings than any kickfighting show outside of china and is based on entertainment and not supported by gambling. As the sport develops further based on entertainment and not gambling we could just see the sport not totally dependent on the in house gamblers as the tv rights money supplements the tickets from gamblers

inorder to fix incompetence you must first find a competent person to do the training. Muaythais corruption and gambling problem could be mostly stopped tomorrow if the real people in charge made changes . To eliminate most corruption all it would take is say a lifetime ban from the sport and actual criminal charges if your even suspected of taking bribe or fixing a fight. They already have loads of guys from samarts generation and before that can bring back the old scoring and become judges. It would take much longer if tomorrow glory decided they want to properly train judges

you even realise how disillusioned you are sounding? @anorak how likely is any of that actually happening?

Glory changed up and employed 5 judges which made the judging already way better.

One can even argue muaythai is finally entering the entertainment phase and on the upswing with all the tv shows popping up. Max muaythai gets better ratings than any kickfighting show outside of china and is based on entertainment and not supported by gambling
Yeah exactly, i've been saying this.

But no some twitter guys tweet about Takeru so the whole situation is horrible :p

you even realise how disillusioned you are sounding? @anorak how likely is any of that actually happening?

Glory changed up and employed 5 judges which made the judging already way better.
it is not likely at all to happen as the people in charge are benefitting from the corruption. But it does not change the fact that if they actually wanted to stamp out most of the corruption it could be done

Back