The Guitar Thread.

If I rememeber correctly you sir Play Classical and is a beast player too!!! and you an awesome collection of Classical Guitars.

I really love your rendition of Carlo Domeniconi's Koyun Baba!! and Sor's Grand Solo!!

You remember wrongly sadly ... I am primarily a classical player, but my skill level is limited to, at its apex, marginally competent performance of basic repertoire staples like Leyenda by Albeniz.

Also I have just one classical guitar currently, a Ramirez R 4. It is a fine instrument, but hardly elite, and by no means an awesome collection. T.T

You remember wrongly sadly ... I am primarily a classical player, but my skill level is limited to, at its apex, marginally competent performance of basic repertoire staples like Leyenda by Albeniz.

Also I have just one classical guitar currently, a Ramirez R 4. It is a fine instrument, but hardly elite, and by no means an awesome collection. T.T

Oh It must have been from a different forum I am now mixing up things ohh,,,,,,,,

If you like Ibanez, you should check out FGN (fujigen).........who make the ibanez brand.

They make guitars for many of the big names but I have yet to see thier own brand in america.

Also......Combat Guitars has some amazing stuff.

Any one here who loves Fuck?
watch

Yeah man would love to hear some more.I never took lessons but wish I had.Keep it up man!Yeah Paul Gilbert & Bruce Bouillet played w/Racer X(as u know)...Marty Friedman & Jason Becker put out an album when they were 17 and they were just two guitar prodigys doing amazing shit before the likes of so many of the neo classical speed metal players.If your interested the band was Cacophony.Cool talking mate..keep safe..cheers!

Here is my pathetic attempt, I really need to relax more Its been a while since recorded my self I always get more nervous when being filmed even if I am the only one in the room as if I am playing for a big Audience.

Here is my pathetic attempt, I really need to relax more Its been a while since recorded my self I always get more nervous when being filmed even if I am the only one in the room as if I am playing for a big Audience.

Mate that's far from a pathetic attempt!Spot on with the licks,you sound brilliant my friend.I know Dream Theater is no easy task at playing and you play it flawless,love it pal.I'll gladly watch and listen anytime...cheers!

Mate that's far from a pathetic attempt!Spot on with the licks,you sound brilliant my friend.I know Dream Theater is no easy task at playing and you play it flawless,love it pal.I'll gladly watch and listen anytime...cheers!

Thanks man really appreciate, hard to get an audience for me these days when it comes to prog Metal, hahah I just need to get out there and get my confidence back.

Maaan! That was stellar!

I admire your humbleness, but that was truly the furthest thing from pathetic.

Bravo.

Just saw a "perfect" Strat.
Pre CBS body, 70's pregnant headstock, unpainted. Well matched two piece (I think two) with really nice modern SD active pickups.
Delicious

Just saw a "perfect" Strat.
Pre CBS body, 70's pregnant headstock, unpainted. Well matched two piece (I think two) with really nice modern SD active pickups.
Delicious
I don't like the 70's style headstock.

I just put some lace sensors in my strat.

I don't like the 70's style headstock.

I just put some lace sensors in my strat.
It's a subjective thing. I have an ordinary looking headstock on my Strat, but want to replace it at some point with a rosewood neck, pregnant headstock, maybe scalloped fretboard. I lightly sand the back of the neck so my thumb don't drag

It's a subjective thing. I have an ordinary looking headstock on my Strat, but want to replace it at some point with a rosewood neck, pregnant headstock, maybe scalloped fretboard. I lightly sand the back of the neck so my thumb don't drag
One thing I never liked about strat knockoffs is the headstock. They always seem wrong to me. The original style pleases the eye for me. The 70's style always looked like someone forgot to finish the guitar to me.

One thing I never liked about strat knockoffs is the headstock. They always seem wrong to me. The original style pleases the eye for me. The 70's style always looked like someone forgot to finish the guitar to me.
There's an extent to which it pleases me because I grew up with that very 70's style of accentuating the curves. Also, I love Indian music and instruments, and they have gourds on some of their stringed instruments that add to the look and tone.

Ibanez nailed the headstock on their 'Super Strats' imo

The original (or most commonly thought of) Strat head stocks are fine too tho.

Speaking of Strats, I do plan on actually getting one even tho I'm more of a Gibson/ESP guy. Any advice (I'd be playing mostly blues and rock with it).

Maaan! That was stellar!

I admire your humbleness, but that was truly the furthest thing from pathetic.

Bravo.

Thank you,

I really just need to play relax, I don't feel comfortable playing it I feel stressed maybe with a couple more takes and video recordings I will be more relax.

Under a glass moon is much more difficult than I expected the timings are so tight, I play mostly Joe Satriani and for Joe his emphasize is more on feeling and accents he plays rubato over an accompaniment so it is more expressive but not as tight as a prog metal piece like Under a glass moon. With Joe I can miss a few beats and still look good and feel comfortable about it I could alter the phrasing whenever I feel like with the dream theater that does not work.

Speaking of Strats, I do plan on actually getting one even tho I'm more of a Gibson/ESP guy. Any advice (I'd be playing mostly blues and rock with it).

I think Jackson has the best looking headstocks, although I am an Ibanez fan boy.

Strats are the ultimate IMO, especially if you're a guy who likes to do any modding of your instruments.

Thanks man really appreciate, hard to get an audience for me these days when it comes to prog Metal, hahah I just need to get out there and get my confidence back.
Sounded pretty good to me too.

I have no lead chops anymore. My fingers have become slow and cumbersome because I just don't put the time into improving my playing anymore. I'm a living room rock star these days. I've moved away from playing anything that challenges me and I find my self just jamming to classic rock tunes.

Strats are the ultimate IMO, especially if you're a guy who likes to do any modding of your instruments.

I'm wondering about best bang for the buck with them.

I'm wondering about best bang for the buck with them.

You know, I don't think Strats have the same BFTB they did a few years ago. I bought my strat in 2012 for $899. I believe the same strat today sells for around $1299. They've pulled some marketing tomfoolery. "Oh they're not the American Standard Pickups anymore. Now they're CUSTOM SHOP Fat 50s!" or whatever they're calling them. I don't even think they make an American Standard anymore. Now they're American Professionals.

I'd go with a used one from a respectable dealer. Make sure you know the signs of a fake.

Mexican strats are OK too but I think they need more upgrades out of the box.

I still love strats, I just don't like that marketing nonsense. Its the same guitar as it was a few years ago with different pickups. I don't think that justifies the price increase.

Back