Old sherdog videos that got you into MMA

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I remember back in the early days the only source of mma, outside of renting japanese dvds or shady video stores, were highlight videos.
This was the way I got people into mma. Guys like Boondocks and Hero1 were legends on these boards. Time to give them some props once again.
Here's some of my favorites from back in the day:

Fighter highlights:

Sakuraba HL:

Peter Aerts HL:
[YT]X4pOz5XU3ck[/YT]

This was the first guy to make me go holy fucking shit.

CroCop HL:

Frank Shamrock:

Last edited:
3rd man by Boondock:
[YT]zWKjhoHvxD8[/MEDIA]

Legendary video. A must watch.

Bushido 7 by Hero1:

Absolute classics! The only one I've never been able to find again was the Sherdog Carlos Newton one- it has my Jiu Jitsu coach in it.

I made over 100 highlights...I stopped uploading them probably about 7 years ago cause I make them for fighters and friends as opposed to posting on forums.Old the McFedries one was newish the rest were '03-'05 ish.Didn't feel like digging up anymore but there's some classics here.

Mike Zambidis 2 by Kuma-son

+ first one (I think)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU2MjYyMTY0.html

Drew McFedries by Kuma-son

Sugar Ray Robinson by Kuma-son

A Calm Rage by Kuma-son

Lucia Rijker by Kuma-son

Ricky Hatton by Kuma-son

Peter Aerts by Kuma-son

Bang-Bang by Kuma-son

Last edited:
i was into the ufc from working at a video store in high school (1997-ish)? but the first sherdog video that got my hyped was the tank abbott one

i was into the ufc from working at a video store in high school (1997-ish)? but the first sherdog video that got my hyped was the tank abbott one

I remember that one. Tank had some of the most BRUTAL KOs ever.
After watching his highlight I saw Vitor's and went wtf? I remember thinking back then, this guy must be on a buffet of steroids.

Royce coming out to faith no more...I don't like that band but it was a cool video

I remember that one. Tank had some of the most BRUTAL KOs ever.
After watching his highlight I saw Vitor's and went wtf? I remember thinking back then, this guy must be on a buffet of steroids.

hell yes

i got it off limewire on my crappy laptop with a 12 gb hard drive back in college

There was an old Fedor HL that was edited to a TATU song weirdly enough that I used to watch way back. I think it brought me to this site.

Ah, the memories!

Mr.Perfect

Rumina Sato... I almost shat myself the first time a saw his legendary flying juji-gatame!

Hayato Sakurai... what a badass

Ramon Dekkers

and the single video which obsessed me the most: The Iceman

Fedor Emelianenko
[YT]NJorVac-j18[/YT]

Yeah, I remember dling these on the old file sharing/p2p programs.

sakuraba highlights definitely got me and friends into it. it seems those exciting guys are few and far in between now

Those were the real glory days. Back when MMA was this niche special thing to me..

Props on bringing up Ironlife. I was actually a mod on there. Maybe 2003 or so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back