Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone deal with elbow pain from lifting? I've never experienced it before and it's hitting me now. Anything you do to help deal with it? I can still do every main lift comfortably besides C+J. On assistance, I literally can't do a dumbbell front or side raise without a shitload of pain.

Does anyone deal with elbow pain from lifting? I've never experienced it before and it's hitting me now. Anything you do to help deal with it? I can still do every main lift comfortably besides C+J. On assistance, I literally can't do a dumbbell front or side raise without a shitload of pain.

Some questions:

What kind of elbow pain? Where is it located?

What causes it?

I used to have severe elbow tendinitis. It was caused by low bar squatting and then exacerbated by benching.

I fixed my shoulder mobility issues and have been pain free ever since. I bench 3-4x/week now with no issues.

So, it's a matter of addressing the root cause and then stopping whatever is aggravating it until it goes away.

Also, exercise-wise: Hammer curls and reverse curls can help with sore elbows.

Some questions:

What kind of elbow pain? Where is it located?

What causes it?

I guess you'd say it's on the top side at the end of my forearm. If I squeeze my fist really hard, it hurts right up by the elbow and a little down through the forearm. My guess is that it happened either during clean and jerks on a turnover or happened during golf. Anything bringing weight up with my hand facing down like a front dumbbell raise really aggravates it. I tried hammer curls yesterday, and I can't do those either. I can still bench, squat, dead, snatch, overhead press, etc.

I thought it may just be some sort of muscle strain, but I don't really know. If I press down on my elbow at the bone, it almost feels like I'm pressing down on a bruise. I don't think it's anything shoulder mobility related as my shoulders are very flexible.

When you read about Hague's history of being KO'ed/concussed you can't help but wonder if he shouldn't have been fighting anymore. He had been knocked out cold 6 times in the last few years. Possibly a tragic, cautionary tale for other fighters.

When you read about Hague's history of being KO'ed/concussed you can't help but wonder if he shouldn't have been fighting anymore. He had been knocked out cold 6 times in the last few years. Possibly a tragic, cautionary tale for other fighters.

Commissions need to start stepping up too.

I guess you'd say it's on the top side at the end of my forearm. If I squeeze my fist really hard, it hurts right up by the elbow and a little down through the forearm. My guess is that it happened either during clean and jerks on a turnover or happened during golf. Anything bringing weight up with my hand facing down like a front dumbbell raise really aggravates it. I tried hammer curls yesterday, and I can't do those either. I can still bench, squat, dead, snatch, overhead press, etc.

I thought it may just be some sort of muscle strain, but I don't really know. If I press down on my elbow at the bone, it almost feels like I'm pressing down on a bruise. I don't think it's anything shoulder mobility related as my shoulders are very flexible.

I forgot you golf. Well, I mean, golfer's elbow is a thing. Have you explored medial epicondylitis?

Last edited:
It's on the outside of the elbow though. It actually aligns more with tennis elbow I guess. I only golf once a week though. I feel like it probably happened lifting. My clean and jerks suck bad, and I struggle with the turnover. I just have a feeling it has something to do with that.

It's on the outside of the elbow though. It actually aligns more with tennis elbow I guess. I only golf once a week though. I feel like it probably happened lifting. My clean and jerks suck bad, and I struggle with the turnover. I just have a feeling it has something to do with that.
If it was an acute thing, then you might be okay just resting it until it's good to go.

/shitty medical advice

Lol pwned

You gonna post that meet video "later"? It's been 10 days. How much more time do you need?

Pretty hilarious for a guy who called me gutless for simply not choosing to log my workouts here.

You gonna post that meet video "later"? It's been 10 days. How much more time do you need?

Pretty hilarious for a guy who called me gutless for simply not choosing to log my workouts here.
You *are* still gutless for not posting your log, especially with your, let's say highly critical take on other people's lifts. I've been busy, but I'm sure you'll be the first to know when I post it up.

You *are* still gutless for not posting your log, especially with your, let's say highly critical take on other people's lifts. I've been busy, but I'm sure you'll be the first to know when I post it up.

I've logged every single deadlift workout since the competition began.

You should focus a little less on where I write my lifting down and a little more on fixing everything that's wrong with your own lifting. You might add some pounds to the bar.

If "highly critical" means adhering to the rules, then yes, I am very highly critical and couldn't be more okay with it.

Nice excuse, though.

I've logged every single deadlift workout since the competition began.

You should focus a little less on where I write my lifting down and a little more on fixing everything that's wrong with your own lifting. You might add some pounds to the bar.

If "highly critical" means adhering to the rules, then yes, I am very highly critical and couldn't be more okay with it.

Nice excuse, though.
Highly critical means you pointed fingers for months while you didn't post a single workout, which is gutless, yes. But now you've written up some DL work and you're very bold indeed. Good for you.

Maybe do a competition like I recently did next. Put yourself out there a little, get that money where your mouth is.

Think how big your head will be if you actually make your 25 pound gain! Good luck.

Highly critical means you pointed fingers for months while you didn't post a single workout, which is gutless, yes. But now you've written up some DL work and you're very bold indeed. Good for you.

Maybe do a competition like I recently did next. Put yourself out there a little, get that money where your mouth is.

Think how big your head will be if you actually make your 25 pound gain! Good luck.

You realise that everyone here, regardless of they feel personally towards me, is aware that I have had several training logs here. You're the only one that seems to have an issue about my logs. Sorry you weren't posting around these parts when I was logging, but it's not my problem.

Nurse posts on a forum where I've also logged all my workouts for several years. Sorry you can't see them, big fella.

Why would I register for a meet when I'm not in shape to hit PRs? Is this going to be your next point of attack? "Oh, you don't do enough meets." Yeah, I don't. I like significant time off in between meets so I can actually improve. That got extended this time due to an injury, but I'm back to full training now, so hopefully I can get one in before the end of 2017.

Pulling 700 won't be that exciting for me when it happens, as it should have happened a long time ago. It'll be a good stepping stone for more, though. I pulled 605 natty, so maybe you should at least hit 475 before you keep talking shit. And not bomb out of meets on hilarious errors/incredibly bad attempt selection.

You realise that everyone here, regardless of they feel personally towards me, is aware that I have had several training logs here. You're the only one that seems to have an issue about my logs. Sorry you weren't posting around these parts when I was logging, but it's not my problem.

Nurse posts on a forum where I've also logged all my workouts for several years. Sorry you can't see them, big fella.

Why would I register for a meet when I'm not in shape to hit PRs? Is this going to be your next point of attack? "Oh, you don't do enough meets." Yeah, I don't. I like significant time off in between meets so I can actually improve. That got extended this time due to an injury, but I'm back to full training now, so hopefully I can get one in before the end of 2017.

Pulling 700 won't be that exciting for me when it happens, as it should have happened a long time ago. It'll be a good stepping stone for more, though. I pulled 605 natty, so maybe you should at least hit 475 before you keep talking shit. And not bomb out of meets on hilarious errors/incredibly bad attempt selection.
How about a sig bet on the DL comp, based on % improvement? Because I think I can shut you right the fuck up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back