• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brain Damage in Wmma

ronda-rousey-6.jpg

GnQdCFV.jpg

ronda-rousey-happy-smiling-photos-23-480w.jpg

There's this one girl who I've seen video of sparring with Matt Mitrione, and Matt was throwing some decent looking shots... :D

She was trying to mimicking out of prime old Fedor for Matt's training camp.

Fun fact.. she won. :D

Aisling Daly:
The Irish strawweight announced on Monday that she’s been forced to hang up the gloves after an abnormality was found in a recent brain scan. That abnormality was the remnant of a small hemorrhage that happened at some point between this recent scan and the one before, which according to Daly, was taken sometime after she fought Alex Chambers at The Ultimate Fighter 20 Finale back in December 2014.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/...mature-retirement-reflects-back-on-mma-career

Bethe has been on the receiving end of two devastating highlight reel KO's in 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if she started having problems in the near future.

To quote Ralphie from Sopranos, she wasn't too smart to begin with.

It's odd that she can remember things that she doesn't remember for the sake of the story.

Is she on the dole now and playing up a fake injury?

just a normal day for me and ive never been punched in the head

if all the scans are clear, shes been tested, nothings wrong, i dont think you can put 2 and 2 together no...
A bruise or bleed can be seen on a scan but a concussion doesn't really show up.

Maybe these women should find better camps where the men have some self control to not just smash on them.

Whenever I sparred the amateur chicks from the gym, I wasn't going as hard as when sparring with dudes who were just hobbyists. I guess I'm unique in the sense in that I'm not an asshole in that regard but other people aren't, obviously.

Even a guy and girl of the same weight and skill shouldn't be throwing at the same amount of power. Same thing applies to men of equal skill with a big gap in weight.

Contrary to what empowered females say these days, men and women are not completely equal.

Rothenhausler was a powerful puncher, which I suppose might have encouraged dudes to throw at hard at her during sparring. She threw this winning punch at Invicta FC 4.
tumblr_n63wq3RdDN1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

In the one minute video below, you can see Veronica win by what was her second-in-a-row 5-seconds-into-the-first-round-KO-win as an amateur. Her opponent, Ashley Evans-Smith went on to the UFC.

if all the scans are clear, shes been tested, nothings wrong, i dont think you can put 2 and 2 together no...

Lol yeah i found myself trying to discover the source of my secret head trauma reading that. Cant think my way out of a paper bag half the time

Actually we still know very little about how the brain works, so it's hard to detect these things and properly diagnose them.

Stress and getting older are big causes of memory loss and lacking focus. I wouldn't worry about brain damage unless I can't remember how to make an egg, tie my shoes etc or speech is effected.

I don't think women hit hard enough to cause that sort of damage....
Women are much more likely than men to get concussions so yes women do hit hard enough to cause brain damage.

Last edited:
Back