• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Bj Penn vs Takanori Gomi 2 is the fight to make

We the fans must draw a line in the sand. We can't allow these delusional aging fighters to continue wrecking their bodies and brains for our entertainment. There is no joy in seeing formerly elite warriors plodding unathletically inside a cage in slow motion. It's getting to the point where it feels exploitive and unethical.

I really hope this fight happens.

only if they can juice...so I guess it has to be in Rizen? lol ;)

IMHO, Penn would be better served by going the Kenny Florian route and returning to BJJ, if he still has the itch to compete at a high level.

It would be the saddest rematch in UFC history. All of the highlights in the hype video would have to be 5+ years old.

Please tweet to ufc, Dana white, and Sean Shelby to make this happen! Win or lose, both fighters needs to retire at this point. Former ufc champ vs former pride champ, 2 former p4p lightweight king at they're prime. First fight, bj got the win in his home state of Hawaii. Why not make the 2nd fight in Japan this time?
BJPenn2.jpg
UFC84_Penn-Sherk-koslo.gif~c200
giphy.gif

60588ce49800720eb60af4f8a62075c1.jpg
WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif
gomivazeredo.gif~c200

They're first fight in 2003
(I was only a little kid when this fight happend!!!!!!)

Good fight for Bellator. Too soon though, give it 5 years or so.

No more. If BJ wants to keep fighting, he should sign with Bellator

As a massive Penn fan... I don't see him winning against anyone anymore. Watching that fight live last night broke my heart. He's done. I wish he'd have called it after Fitch.

We the fans must draw a line in the sand. We can't allow these delusional aging fighters to continue wrecking their bodies and brains for our entertainment. There is no joy in seeing formerly elite warriors plodding unathletically inside a cage in slow motion. It's getting to the point where it feels exploitive and unethical.
True.... But I really want them to have a RM in ufc japan.

As a massive Penn fan... I don't see him winning against anyone anymore. Watching that fight live last night broke my heart. He's done. I wish he'd have called it after Fitch.
I wouldn't mind seeing him fight a fellow out of prime legend tho.

No more. If BJ wants to keep fighting, he should sign with Bellator
If the Gomi fight doesn't happen, then no need to go to bellator. Just retire. But if the Gomi fight will happen, might as well make it happen on the ufc Japan fight card.

Back